Fleck last night

Bobby83

There's a buzz of excitement when he gets on the ball. Last night never fazed him, he liked running at the full back and cutting inside for a wee run now and then. Made himself a shot or two and sent a few tasty crosses.

For a 17 year old, very good (tu)

There's a buzz of excitement when he gets on the ball. Last night never fazed him, he liked running at the full back and cutting inside for a wee run now and then. Made himself a shot or two and sent a few tasty crosses.

Thats very true. You just know as soon as he gets the ball he is goin to run with it and take a man on. By far our most exciting player at the moment. Great to see Mendes vision to spot fleck with a pass time and time again last nite.

Never mind for a 17 year old, was just very good

The thing I like about Fleck is that he's not done anything amazing to announce himself as a 17 year old.

He's not put one in the top corner from 35 yards or went on a run and beat 6 players - well, not in the first team anyway! He's simply came into the side, after the fans had been telling Walter to do it for about 9 months, and he looks like he's played there for 20 years.

He's willingly put himself in a pressured position with the penalty on Saturday and delivered. His work on the park has impressed and amazed me in equal measures so far, but his temperament has been the thing that's REALLY pleased me.

Fleck did very well and as papaguy says he seems to have atremendous temperament. To me he looks to have an old head on very young shoulders. He has an onfield maturity that amazes me in that his football brain is always looking to find the right option and with more games he will assert himself even more.

I believe that Aaron too is in this mould and I hope Walter gives him a chance too.

The thing I like about Fleck is that he's not done anything amazing to announce himself as a 17 year old.

He's not put one in the top corner from 35 yards or went on a run and beat 6 players - well, not in the first team anyway! He's simply came into the side, after the fans had been telling Walter to do it for about 9 months, and he looks like he's played there for 20 years.

He's willingly put himself in a pressured position with the penalty on Saturday and delivered. His work on the park has impressed and amazed me in equal measures so far, but his temperament has been the thing that's REALLY pleased me.

Your right Papa but you know what the sad thing is ? The majority of the fans seem surprised how good the boy is. Remember the majority of the posters saying THE BOYS TOO YOUNG - DONT RUSH HIM - HAS TO LEARN HIS TRADE - YOU WILL RUIN HIM IF YOU BRING HIM IN TOO QUICK. Well 3 months later hes suddenly a world beater and Walter should have put him in long before now ! I despair.

Your right Papa but you know what the sad thing is ? The majority of the fans seem surprised how good the boy is. Remember the majority of the posters saying THE BOYS TOO YOUNG - DONT RUSH HIM - HAS TO LEARN HIS TRADE - YOU WILL RUIN HIM IF YOU BRING HIM IN TOO QUICK. Well 3 months later hes suddenly a world beater and Walter should have put him in long before now ! I despair.

Exactly what I said mate.

When we were struggling with Adam/McCulloch at left midfield 9/10 months ago, there's no way you can convince me that Fleck wouldn't have been a better option at the time, even at such a young age.

We REALLY missed what Fleck offers at points during last year.

But the thing is was fleck really ready at that age? Although he looks good mentally now, maybe walter didnt want to potentially mess up him mind?

I wonder if theres more to come from murray park, when you think about it, the future could well be very bright.. :gerbad:

When we were struggling with Adam/McCulloch at left midfield 9/10 months ago, there's no way you can convince me that Fleck wouldn't have been a better option at the time, even at such a young age.

haha, but, some could argue that, perhaps the extra 3 months has paid off, and, now he is ready

Its conjecture, all of it, but, I think we should all agree to be happy he is on the scene now, and, moving forward

haha, but, some could argue that, perhaps the extra 3 months has paid off, and, now he is ready

Its conjecture, all of it, but, I think we should all agree to be happy he is on the scene now, and, moving forward

Good sound comment.

His confidence to take players on is so refreshing, it makes a nice change from having wide playes that insist on coming inside every time they get the ball.

He also seems like the type of lad that won't get carried away with the hype. An extremely promising player.

wee guys doin well,,,,,but mendez has got to get a bit of credit the way hes using his brain to guide fleck through the games, hes always giving fleck an option or an out ball,,,,,,the best thing that could have happened to flecky is a very talented player of mendez class next to him watched some of the young team games as well wilson and wylde look the part,,,, heres to the future

But the thing is was fleck really ready at that age? Although he looks good mentally now, maybe walter didnt want to potentially mess up him mind?

I wonder if theres more to come from murray park, when you think about it, the future could well be very bright.. :gerbad:

Putting him on in the Aberdeen game (last season) didn't do the lad any favours, it was an act of desperation throwing the kid into that game and Walter was only concerned about his own neck that night.

Should have been used from the start of this season, Smith doesn't know how lucky he is to have the kid.