Once Again B. B. C. Scotland Can't Help Themselves

CanadianBacon

BBC Scotland's flagship teatime show 'Reporting Scotland' has just finished their top story of the day - the tragic murder of young Blantyre man and Celtic fan, Reamonn Gormley.

Yes, it's Rangers-related.

His attackers plead guilty in Court today - one of murder and the other of culpable homicide. They will be sentenced at a later date.

Both of the attackers were Celtic fans - indeed the one convicted of his murder (an RC as it happens) was shown posing wearing a Celtic top with a Celtic poster at his back on the wall.

Strangely......both club images were blurred in this report.

Neither BBC Scotland's reporters, Jackie Tart (in the studio) or Reevel Oldperson (the outside broadcast reporter) could bring themselves to mention the words 'Celtic fan' when speaking of the killer.

The claims by a senior police officer at the time of the murder were, "We can't rule out a sectarian element in this attack!"

He (Plod) had no reason to say this - he was, as the Yanks say, "just spitballing!"

BBC Scotland reports at the time repeated this allegation - inferring a Rangers-related link.

Neither Strathclyde Plod nor BBC Scotland have since withdrawn that assertion - not even in today's report where pictures of the Celtic-clad killer are staring them in the face.

At BBC Scotland they can't help themselves.......

And some on here think we get an even deal from BBC Scotland? :angry:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is sad that the initial claim by the media and the police about a sectarian crime came out when from the outset they knew it was a robbery went wrong.

heart goes out to the young guys family and lets hope the 2 scrotes stay in prison till we are on 75 titles at least.

BBC Scotland's flagship teatime show 'Reporting Scotland' has just finished their top story of the day - the tragic murder of young Blantyre man and Celtic fan, Reamonn Gormley.

Yes, it's Rangers-related.

His attackers plead guilty in Court today - one of murder and the other of culpable homicide. They will be sentenced at a later date.

Both of the attackers were Celtic fans - indeed the one convicted of his murder (an RC as it happens) was shown posing wearing a Celtic top with a Celtic poster at his back on the wall.

Strangely......both club images were blurred in this report.

Neither BBC Scotland's reporters, Jackie Tart (in the studio) or Reevel Oldperson (the outside broadcast reporter) could bring themselves to mention the words 'Celtic fan' when speaking of the killer.

The claims by a senior police officer at the time of the murder were, "We can't rule out a sectarian element in this attack!"

He (Plod) had no reason to say this - he was, as the Yanks say, "just spitballing!"

BBC Scotland reports at the time repeated this allegation - inferring a Rangers-related link.

Neither Strathclyde Plod nor BBC Scotland have since withdrawn that assertion - not even in today's report where pictures of the Celtic-clad killer are staring them in the face.

At BBC Scotland they can't help themselves.......

And some on here think we get an even deal from BBC Scotland? :angry:

Meanwile on Sellic tinternet land, they are claiming institutional bias from the BBC yet again as they showed the murderer in a Sellic top. "Of all the hundreds of photos they could have picked, why did they pick one with the hoops on when it had absolutely nothing to do with football"

The joys of the Old Firm land. Eh.

RIP RG

Where were the initial claims about it being sectarian? The BBC website has 5 related stories, 6 in total and NONE have any mention of a sectarian attack. If you google "parkville murder sectarian" there is nothing saying the police thought it was sectarian.

There are quotes in most newspapers saying that there was NO evidence of a sectarian attack.

@ canadian bacon , both stv and the bbc made it perfectly clear that the scumbags that done this were celtic fans .

No they didn't. Watched both channels - STV said "he went to the same school" and BBC Scotland said nothing of the sort.

I'm sorry, but you've misheard if you think you heard either channel mention the word "Celtic fan".

Where were the initial claims about it being sectarian? The BBC website has 5 related stories, 6 in total and NONE have any mention of a sectarian attack. If you google "parkville murder sectarian" there is nothing saying the police thought it was sectarian.

There are quotes in most newspapers saying that there was NO evidence of a sectarian attack.

A senior Plod was reported on TV at the time as stating, quote, "We can't rule out a sectarian motive for this attack!"

It became clear within days of the murder that this was inaccurate.

Plod did not withdraw that statement - nor did BBC Scotland who repeated the claim.

Fuxsake - I saw it being made and was flabbergasted given that it was quite quickly 'local knowledge'(I'm not far from Blantyre) that it was a couple of local Earls who were in the frame.

From memory the police refused to rule out ANY motive, and the redtops, being redtops, focused on the fact they hadn't ruled out a sectarian motive!

I think the media were more at fault for the inference.

From memory the police refused to rule out ANY motive, and the redtops, being redtops, focused on the fact they hadn't ruled out a sectarian motive!

I think the media were more at fault for the inference.

It will be interesting to note how the red tops report this then.

If they push the Celtic/RC connection I'll by amazed.

BBc Scotland, meanwhile, have done what they've been told.

Sweep-sweep.

their was much glee in the sectarian yahoo crusade ranks when this lad was murdered it was a golden opportunity only ruined by the fact he was killed by yahoos.

They showed a video of him at half time when we were at the piggery if a remember correctly? Quite sure what there aim was there.....

The boys murder just shows some of the scum that walk our streets. Both out on bail and willing to strike again. Cunts should get put down.

A senior Plod was reported on TV at the time as stating, quote, "We can't rule out a sectarian motive for this attack!"

It became clear within days of the murder that this was inaccurate.

Plod did not withdraw that statement - nor did BBC Scotland who repeated the claim.

Fuxsake - I saw it being made and was flabbergasted given that it was quite quickly 'local knowledge'(I'm not far from Blantyre) that it was a couple of local Earls who were in the frame.

Fair enough (tu)

Just sayin it again for u bacon , both channels stated the boy that was murdered was a celtic fan and the cunts that done it supported the same team .

I'll repeat it for you again then Treble99 - I watched both channels, STV reported he "went to the same school", BBC said no such thing - and neither mentioned he was a fellow Selik fan.

I'm bound to be accused of selective hearing by some on here, but I'm convinced neither channel mentioned that the killer was a Celtic fan.

Fuxsake, BBC Scotland pixilated the Celtic logo on his shirt and wall poster.

That speaks volumes. :angry: