Rangers players say no to pay cuts

Yata

Can't find anything about this online yet but talksport just announced that the administrators had offered rangers player paycuts and they had declined this offer.

has anyone else heard anything else about this?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe this is true, surely the best for all involved would be for pay cuts all around so everyone keeps a job

From some of the players point of views they could easily get more elsewhere than take a cut of 75% till the end of their contract.

Can't believe this is true, surely the best for all involved would be for pay cuts all around so everyone keeps a job

Take your workplace - would you happily take a 75% pay cut in order to keep all your co-workers there? There may well be people at Rangers who simply don't get on with everyone else, its inevitable in workplaces. As far as i'm aware, negotiations are on-going. Never going to be an easy process

We have a lot of players paid a lot who don't justify their wage.

I would of cut at least 8 players who have not contributed and will continue not to. We could all name at least 8.

I have to agree in a way. While it is always sad for people to lose their jobs, i've kind of come round to the idea that cutting out some deadwood, while costly for the present, is not exactly the worst idea. In the long run, purely looking at it for the good of the club and getting the wage bill down, i'd probably not lose too much sleep if we lost Ortiz, Broadfoot, Healy, Little, Kerkar, to name but a few. Not a nice situation but thems the breaks.

Fact is, if we get everyone to take a bump on their wages, how long will the big players stick around for when they could be earning significantly more down south?

Its all about the money these days for nearly every players!!!

Its fucking disgusting!!!

Hope this is not true though!

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Bleugh..

We have no idea what has been put forward ! Not everyone of them is on £20k a week. Are the higher earners suppose to just say fuck it and leave the lower paid ones on their arse?

Lets remember the players are the ones here whom are fighting to stop job cuts all around the Club !

Its all about the money these days for nearly every players!!!

Its fucking disgusting!!!

Hope this is not true though!

Once again I state, you are offered 75% wage cut to keep all your coworkers in work, regardless of whether you are their best mate or whether you hate them. Would you automatically agree to it?