Giovanni Di Stefano coming out with some more interesting comments.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

English isn't his first language isn't even his second, it's definately him he posted a picture of himself with a newspaper a few weeks ago proving it to someone who doubted him.

I don't doubt that it isn't him. I just can't really take him seriously. And reading about him just screams dodgy... Gary Glitter? Ian Brady? Arkan? Saddam? Guy's obviously got a screw loose.

I don't doubt that it isn't him. I just can't really take him seriously. And reading about him just screams dodgy... Gary Glitter? Ian Brady? Arkan? Saddam? Guy's obviously got a screw loose.

All huge cases.

Any defence lawyer would cream of they thought they could get near them.

GDS has much to learn about solvency - it's not solely down to assets exceeding liabilities.

Don't lie now. It's a great idea to sell all of your assets to clear debts and be left with nothing. :BELM:

All huge cases.

Any defence lawyer would cream of they thought they could get near them.

Well, aye. But, for me looking at it, it seems that it's more an ego trip for him which seems worrying, he isn't even legally qualified! He says stuff like how he would defend Hitler and Satan, and how he defends the indefensible. Guy's a nut.

Well, aye. But, for me looking at it, it seems that it's more an ego trip for him which seems worrying, he isn't even legally qualified! He says stuff like how he would defend Hitler and Satan, and how he defends the indefensible. Guy's a nut.

It's his gimmick, and it'll continue to get him work.

From a marketing standpoint it's genius.

He doesnt need to win these cases indeed he doesnt care if he wins or loses it's about exposure and money.

That strategy seems to translate into his career in football, doesn't it. Dundee didn't exactly do too well with him involved, and he used to own a Serb team that was accused of intimidation and match-fixing with him at the helm, this was when he was involved with Arkan.

Says a lot that every other club he's tried to get in with has told him to get.

Been away since last week, had heard him sniffing about before I left... But who is he?

But what has he been sniffing? Glue?

He's Saddam's lawyer ... was buddies with Arkan as well, but doesn't get on with Delia Smith.

I've been reading these tweets. He does have a point about Rangers not having been insolvent ...

I'm not convinced about that. I guess it depends if you buy into the whole conspiracy theory involving Duff and Phelps, who stated quite clearly in their response to the BBC's "conflict of interests" revelations that on appointment as administrators it was clear that the club was in a major insolvency event.

I'm not convinced about that. I guess it depends if you buy into the whole conspiracy theory involving Duff and Phelps, who stated quite clearly in their response to the BBC's "conflict of interests" revelations that on appointment as administrators it was clear that the club was in a major insolvency event.

I hear you. But I hark back to Walter saying that just before he stood down that the club were "in better shape financially than they had been in a long time". Any way you slice it, the HMRC's 11th hour announcement that their policy regarding CVA's meant that regardless of what was in the pot in terms of pence in the pound, they couldn't accept it and allow the club to move out of administration was fucking stinking. Rangers could and should have been allowed to implement a CVA and begin their recovery. Financial stability could then have been recovered again over time. From that point of view they weren't insolvent. There's shit that's gone on that we'll never know about fully, and maybe yer man Di Stefano is onto something. I just think he's a mad wolf though. Talking about a corporate shell playing in a newly built stadium in the English leagues is pure pie in the sky. Nutcase.

I hear you. But I hark back to Walter saying that just before he stood down that the club were "in better shape financially than they had been in a long time". Any way you slice it, the HMRC's 11th hour announcement that their policy regarding CVA's meant that regardless of what was in the pot in terms of pence in the pound, they couldn't accept it and allow the club to move out of administration was fucking stinking. Rangers could and should have been allowed to implement a CVA and begin their recovery. Financial stability could then have been recovered again over time. From that point of view they weren't insolvent. There's shit that's gone on that we'll never know about fully, and maybe yer man Di Stefano is onto something. I just think he's a mad wolf though. Talking about a corporate shell playing in a newly built stadium in the English leagues is pure pie in the sky. Nutcase.

A CVA would have allowed OldCo Rangers to emerge from the insolvency event, but it would not mean that OldCo Rangers was never insolvent.

To be honest, I think HMRC blocking the CVA may ultimately prove to be a good thing in the end. Of course, I am not technically "one of you" (not a Taig either, just a humble Newcastle supporter interested in the extraordinary goings-on), so an emotional attachment to the OldCo is not there. But liquidation of the OldCo ought to bring a full investigation by BDO of what went wrong at Rangers and provide closure. An end to the rumour and speculation, just a simple this is what happened.

To be honest, I think HMRC blocking the CVA may ultimately prove to be a good thing in the end. Of course, I am not technically "one of you" (not a Taig either, just a humble Newcastle supporter interested in the extraordinary goings-on), so an emotional attachment to the OldCo is not there. But liquidation of the OldCo ought to bring a full investigation by BDO of what went wrong at Rangers and provide closure. An end to the rumour and speculation, just a simple this is what happened.

HMRC's policy announcement did stipulate that liquidation would allow them to fully investigate what had been going on. I'm not going to pretend to understand why that wouldn't have been possible if a CVA had been accepted - it seems that acceptance of a CVA would have facilitated some people being able to wash their hands and walk away from any recriminations.

Sticking with Di Stefano, he's now tweeting that he's going to "Go after Rangers Plc harder than ever now" on the back of the Division Three confirmation. I stand by my statement that he's a rocket.

HMRC's policy announcement did stipulate that liquidation would allow them to fully investigate what had been going on. I'm not going to pretend to understand why that wouldn't have been possible if a CVA had been accepted - it seems that acceptance of a CVA would have facilitated some people being able to wash their hands and walk away from any recriminations.

A CVA ends administration and brings Whyte's shareholding in to play ... potentially any deal for Whyte's shares might involved a quid pro quo of not looking to closely into his involvement in Rangers and end the litigation. Subsequent to the CVA being voted down his key lieutenant Gary Withey appears to have changed sides and now Collyer Bristow and others are pursuing Whyte.