Will Glasgow Rangers become an English club

Piper 36

Correct, don't wish any misfortune to Pompey though. Some people on here don't seem to grasp the nettle, not only would we remain a Scottish club if we were in the English leagues but we would become THE Scottish club in the minds of everyone across Europe and beyond.

Rangers moving to England would be an ideal situation - It's something I've never previously wanted, but since the events of the last 12months, I want nothing more..

I've hated pompey for a long time, a disgusting club in my opinion and I hope they die either way - and I want them to die regardless of any possible benefit it could have on Rangers joining England, or not

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking fantasist shambles of a thread, let just concentrate on winning the league for the next few years and getting back to playing some decent level football. The club will still be at risk until we reach the Premier League and then we can breathe & focus on other targets, no one from any European/English set-up will want to entertain a club that isn't in the Scottish top league or has struggled financially for the best part of a decade - to suggest otherwise is criminally misleading.

Why the fck would we want to go to England anyway,fck England for years they have ridiculed our game as being a two horse race,they have got a cheek,for a competitive league the Premiership in its 20 years of inception has had ONE team win it TWELVE times and been runners up in FIVE other occasions ,so what is the rush to go there,i have been on forums there and they DO NOT WANT US,so fck them them, as i have said for YEARS ,Rangers and sorry to say Deluded fc HAVE to move to prosper,but certainly not to ENGLAND.I had high hopes for the Atlantic league years ago,even when we were winning 3 in a row,NOW is the time to get the heads around a table,but England,forget it,they do not want or need us,but other big clubs in Europe do,we came in 13th in a talksport poll of the best supported teams in the whole of EUROPE,NOW THAT DOES NOT GO UNNOTICED,,,,,,,,,rant over and back to my beer........

In the Scotsman today 16 February I read that Charles Green wrote to PM David Cameron over Rangers in a bid to move Glasgow Rangers the Ibrox club out of Scottish football.

Well all I have got to say it's a very sad day to say if Glasgow Rangers moves to England then Rangers becomes and an English football club and Scotland has lost the finest Glasgow Rangers football club in Scotland?

If this plan of Charles Green happens then I as a pensioner and have been a Glasgow Rangers fan all my life I would have no option but not to support Ranger as an English club. I also hope that they do not use the name of Glasgow Ranger as that truly belong in Scotland to a Scottish football club not and English football club.

What a very, very sad day for Scotland

Rangers will always be a Scottish club unless they move Glasgow to England..You don't support Rangers at all.

You spamming stoopid fanny !

In the Scotsman today 16 February I read that Charles Green wrote to PM David Cameron over Rangers in a bid to move Glasgow Rangers the Ibrox club out of Scottish football.

Well all I have got to say it's a very sad day to say if Glasgow Rangers moves to England then Rangers becomes and an English football club and Scotland has lost the finest Glasgow Rangers football club in Scotland?

If this plan of Charles Green happens then I as a pensioner and have been a Glasgow Rangers fan all my life I would have no option but not to support Ranger as an English club. I also hope that they do not use the name of Glasgow Ranger as that truly belong in Scotland to a Scottish football club not and English football club.

The Rangers have never been Glasgow Rangers, they have always been The Rangers Then, The Rangers Now and The Rangers Forever ! :sherlock:

Post is reeking. Are welsh teams that play in England no longer welsh? Don't be soo silly. Regardless of where we play we're a Scottish team, our home Is glasgow. Obviously appreciate alot of fans consider us British, but for me, first and foremost we are a scottish team.......and the best one there's even been n ever will be :)

I would like to see Rangers playing and competitive/ solvent at the highest standard possible. Can this happen in Scotland the way the game is currently set up? I think in our hearts we know the answer.

So if it means one day Rangers representing Scotland in a foreign league, then so be it. But for now the reality is we have to get on with winning the league we are currently in and focusing on getting back to our Footballing standards of the past. For this reason I think this subject is one for the future, and in the present we need to be concentrating on developing an outstanding Youth Academy, to give us the necessary playing resources for the long journey ahead.

I don't think it will ever happen. We have explored this option many times in the past and have been rejected. However I had an idea some time ago of how to overcome this.

Basically since "The Rangers" is a brand, then why not simply open up another branch of The Rangers at the bottom of the English league and do as we are doing in Scotland and just work our way up through the ranks? Banks can open other branches, as can virtually any other business, so why can't we? We could then share players between these branches as and when needed. We wouldn't need to just stop at the English league either. We could look at long-term ways of expanding Rangers as a business, just as any business can do.Charles Green is looking for a way around all of the various football laws and restrictions, so this seems to me to be an ideal way to do this.

The OP better brace himself for disappointment then.

Just swap Rangers in his post for celtic and he will be gutted

For there is one thing as certain as Lennon blaming the ref, as soon as we look like getting anywhere in breaking these doors down, the smellies will stop decrying it and leap on our cost tails to get in to.

Suddenly they will be very pro old firm as they Cosy up.

It will read like they were behind us all the way.

Sadly I can't see any way to stop them, much as I'd like to see us leave their bigoted, terrorist loving support behind.

I agree mate, and I've mentioned a few times that those from the refugee camp must not benefit from the energy, cunning and contacts of CG.

Yes. Didn't you know that?

Ranger = singular.

Rangers = plural.

Back in 1871, we merged with the other Glasgow Ranger, which made us Glasgow Ranger Glasgow Ranger.

The 2 Glasgow's cancelled out, leaving us with just Ranger Ranger, which for convenience is written as Rangers

(but I think technically it should be Ranger Squared)

Hope that helps, and if I've got any of the details wrong, theGallantPioneers will put me right. (tu)

:lol:(tu)

I'll back off at this point. I'm not a Rangers fan though I've started to really admire you and the great recovery you've made against injustice, but I don't want to cause any problems or dissension. For what's it's worth I think you have a management team in place that will get you back where you deserve to be - right at the top...so all the best from an Iron....

Shit man, don't go, I'm just getting to like you!!

You haven't caused any problems mate , more than welcome on RM , and as I said just ignore her mate (tu)

Ditto that.

Ddn't know that - so I'll hang around! We all have our nutters....

Phew. :thumbup:

Pleasure to have you on board mate (tu)

...I'm not a Rangers fan...

I'd say you've more than earned your honorary membership - and we're not letting you leave till you know the words to all our songs :mutley:

Glad to see you're looking safely mid-table for a change ;) - Good luck with the rest of your season (tu)

Nope no private joke, I don't even know him.

Some people eh?

Uncle Fes is usually fairly decent, so I don't know what rattled his cage. Often we take our anger at a previous poster out on a subsequent poster. I've done that myself a few times :(

We all have off-nights, I suppose - just check the Clyde match thread for proof :D

Fuck Scotland! The whole nation shafted our great club big time! Would love it if we got into England. However we'd still be a British club as always.

I don't think it will ever happen. We have explored this option many times in the past and have been rejected. However I had an idea some time ago of how to overcome this.

Basically since "The Rangers" is a brand, then why not simply open up another branch of The Rangers at the bottom of the English league and do as we are doing in Scotland and just work our way up through the ranks? Banks can open other branches, as can virtually any other business, so why can't we? We could then share players between these branches as and when needed. We wouldn't need to just stop at the English league either. We could look at long-term ways of expanding Rangers as a business, just as any business can do.Charles Green is looking for a way around all of the various football laws and restrictions, so this seems to me to be an ideal way to do this.

As Blackadder would say, This is totally preposterous but it might just work.

Shit man, don't go, I'm just getting to like you!!

Ditto that.

Phew. :thumbup:

Pleasure to have you on board mate (tu)

I'd say you've more than earned your honorary membership - and we're not letting you leave till you know the words to all our songs :mutley:

Glad to see you're looking safely mid-table for a change ;) - Good luck with the rest of your season (tu)

Cheers mate! I trust Big Sam to keep us in mid-table respectability - I hate the 'exciting' end of seasons we've got used to. And as for songs, you wouldn't be trying to lead a poor innocent West Ham fan astray would you?!! We've a BB song you can borrow - unfortunately it's the most negative depressing one in world football - the one that basically says 'We're gonna lose, there's no point trying'...