Your under-rated Rangers XI

It's a tricky one, I'd have had someone like Whittaker as I've never rated him, but in his final season with us people totally changed their opinion on him. So would he still be fit to be classed as overrated?

Matt McKay was overrated by our fans, but he hardly played, again would he count?

The likes of McGregor, Davis, Weiss, Bartley, Ness, Bocanegra, Fleck, Mendes, Thomson, Burke, Hughes etc would all come into my thinking for various reasons. Some of those guys are very good footballers but the hype they received especially the first two was way OTT. Some on here argued that McGregor was world class. :lol:

Never been keen on McGregor. People might just think I'm saying that now he's gone, but I thought it during his time. The amount of long range goals we'd conceed because he was a few yards too far off his line was infuriating.

Can't agree on Davis, Weiss or Mendes.

Fleck and Bartley were shite, but I'm unsure if he was ever rated enough to go in an over-rated team though?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek McInnes is defo a decent shout. Just a shame when he was here there was Steven, Huistra, Durrant, McCall, I.Ferguson, Gascoigne, Laudrup, Reyna, Ferguson, Tugay, Albertz, Van Bronckhorst and Gattusso all in midfield contention with him during the 5/6 years he was with us.

Was that the same game that Goram saved a penalty and mouthed a very non-pc phrase when letting off steam after the save?

It would have been the same game that the world-class save against van Hooijdonk too... And the only goal came from Laudrup robbing Brian O'Neil as he fell on his far arse. :lol:

It was hectic to say the least!

Aye, goram did save a late penalty and gave any lip readers watching a treat. His World class save was the season before at a 3-3 draw at Ibrox.

I'm not sure how Buffel is rated on here but I would nominate him. Good at keeping possession and very tidy player on the ball with good close control. I don't remember him getting much praise during his spell at Ibrox though.

Was Stuart Kennedy not meant to be a decent goalie, but was in goals when Scotland got fucked at Wembly and was never really the same after it? or am I thinking of someone else?

Dead right.

Ex-Forfar.

Won us the league that season - he was unbelievable at Pittodrie getting us a ridiculous point when we were totally outplayed.

Very good keeper but Wembley finished him.