Your under-rated Rangers XI

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Davie Robertson is the best left-back I have seen in a Rangers jersey. I think a lot of people would share that view... apart from Craig Brown as he didn't get a lot of Scotland caps.

I think he could run 100m in under 11 seconds too.

Robertson overlapping with Laudrup down the left wing. :drool:

Robertson had a great engine but his final ball let him down a lot. Numan was the much better of the two.

Astonished at some of the names people consider under-rated lol

People will measure 'under-rated' differently. They may be under-rated by Rangers fans or by people outside Scotland. They may be under-rated in comparison to other players in the same team. Or under-rated for their service to the club rather than their ability. There's not really a strict definition.

Van Vossen scored an amazing goal at Rugby Park that just didn't seem geometrically possible! An acute angle from very near the corner flag from what I remember.

Cadete scored one from a wide angle for Celtic and they were all loving it. Van Vossen banged his effort in not long after and it was far superior. There's no doubt whatsoever that Van Vossen has quality but he just didn't seem to find his way with us. Many never forgave his miss against Celtic TBH.

I quite liked Salenko, his cross for Cleland at Parkhead and his goal in the cup defeat to the Sheep at Hampden ...in saying that, I don't think I remember him doing too much else apart from that lol

Robertson had a great engine but his final ball let him down a lot. Numan was the much better of the two.

Robertson was amazing just before he left us. He made wonderful 70-80 yard runs up the pitch ghosting past people and scoring goals. Was gutted when he left.

Cadete scored one from a wide angle for Celtic and they were all loving it. Van Vossen banged his effort in not long after and it was far superior. There's no doubt whatsoever that Van Vossen has quality but he just didn't seem to find his way with us. Many never forgave his miss against Celtic TBH.

I watched that Kilmarnock game and to not appreciate a player of his talent because of one miss proves how fussy we used to be. He lay on a ball for Gascoigne that was sublime. Great player.

Thankfully we didn't require the goal to win the match. Without doubt my all time favorite victory against them. Unbelievable match and more unbelievable miss.

I'd love to see the full 90 minutes of that game again, it was pure madness. Albertz was clean through about 3 or 4 times.

Thankfully we didn't require the goal to win the match. Without doubt my all time favorite victory against them. Unbelievable match and more unbelievable miss.

We almost lived to regret it. Goram saved a last minute penalty from that big kiddie fiddling queer Van Hooijdonk

I'd love to see the full 90 minutes of that game again, it was pure madness. Albertz was clean through about 3 or 4 times.

Was that the same game that Goram saved a penalty and mouthed a very non-pc phrase when letting off steam after the save?

It would have been the same game that the world-class save against van Hooijdonk too... And the only goal came from Laudrup robbing Brian O'Neil as he fell on his far arse. :lol:

It was hectic to say the least!

Was gutted when Gabriel amato left. He had real class!

He was a gem of a player. I remember him for the second half against Parma in the UEFA cup and we came back to draw or something, 98/99; he was amazing on the ball. It was like watching someone do ballet with a football that night.

I thought Dave McPherson was under rated by our fans - Davie Robertson was appreciated by the fans but not the international manager (brown I think) - Alexander is one of the current crop who is also under appreciated - but the one guy who I thought gave a lot but did not get appreciation was Stuart Munro !

We wasted Arveladze. Better career scoring record than Larsson iirc.

He did have a good record before us and a pretty decent one here aswell. What I remember though is that he actually scored loads of goals for us that were wrongly ruled offside, he was great at tricking defenders trying to play the offside trap, unfortunately our shite linesmen called hom offside every time though. Had those goals counted his Rangers record would probably have been pretty much inline with his Ajax one.

Who did you have in your list mate?

Watterus, Papac, Novo and Hemdani so far lol

I did have typed out in the thread people should try and no take the huff over people's selections and take it personally if they don't like somecunts choices lol