Ian Black's socks

No - he's deliberately drawing attention to the underlying symbolism of the socks by creating debate where once there was none.

Devilishly clever stuff.

I've got one featuring the secret sash hidden in his shirts cross-weave material. You can only see the sash if you print on UV coated matte paper and look at it from a certain angle with an orange wax lava lamp providing the light source.

Obviously I can't post it on here lest the secret is revealed to people not in the know.

It might just be me...but it seems that you aren't giving this thread the respect and seriousness it deserves. Shame on you sir...shame. on. you

:pipe:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pity the terrible suffering the OP must have gone through during the 20 seasons between 1968 and 1992 when The Rangers failed to wear black and red socks at all. :(

The gnashing of teeth must have been awful to behold, especially during that insignificant wee night in our history in Barcelona where there wisnae a traditional black sock to be seen.

Shocking.

I pity the terrible suffering the OP must have gone through during the 20 seasons between 1968 and 1992 when The Rangers failed to wear black and red socks at all. :(

The gnashing of teeth must have been awful to behold, especially during that insignificant wee night in our history in Barcelona where there wisnae a traditional black sock to be seen.

Shocking.

Thanks for your input, obviously not being as big a fan of 'The Rangers ' as yourself I was completely unaware that some seasons black/red socks were not part of the official kit, are you sure 'The Rangers' weren't wearing black/red socks in 1972?

It's a difficult one because I know the club requires tradition in terms of socks, strips etc, which must be adhered too. But the holding company pays his wages and when he signed the contract with the holding company, I bet there wasn't a mention of rangers tradition and ethics. I though like any other bear would like Black to adhere to the tradition set by our fore fathers, and anyway he has a lot of making up to do after his poor performances last year, I think the OP makes good points

It's a difficult one because I know the club requires tradition in terms of socks, strips etc, which must be adhered too. But the holding company pays his wages and when he signed the contract with the holding company, I bet there wasn't a mention of rangers tradition and ethics. I though like any other bear would like Black to adhere to the tradition set by our fore fathers, and anyway he has a lot of making up to do after his poor performances last year, I think the OP makes good points

Come again?

wtf????

wtf????

What part's confusing you? I think it's a great point about Rangers tradition and wearing the proper gear. And all I ways saying was that when Black signed a contract it was with the corporate entity that controls us, not the actual Club. The club and company are completely different, so there would be no way of sacking him for messing about with his socks. Even though it's not ethical to the Club.

What part's confusing you? I think it's a great point about Rangers tradition and wearing the proper gear. And all I ways saying was that when Black signed a contract it was with the corporate entity that controls us, not the actual Club. The club and company are completely different, so there would be no way of sacking him for messing about with his socks. Even though it's not ethical to the Club.

Posting stuff about 'holding company', anti-Gazza stuff and how we have no chance of doing anything in cups this season.

I might be paranoid here, but reading some of your posts I'm not convinced you are a bear, so I've reported you.

:shifty:

Aye very good :clap:

Now run along back to your own team's forums, there's a good lad

Thanks for your input, obviously not being as big a fan of 'The Rangers ' as yourself I was completely unaware that some seasons black/red socks were not part of the official kit, are you sure 'The Rangers' weren't wearing black/red socks in 1972?

1968-1973 strip. Pretty certain this includes 1972:

52u.gif

1915-1918 strip. The first strip with black socks and a single red band at the top.

lery.gif

If you're going to tub-thump about observing club traditions, at least have an idea about what the traditions are. And maybe a wee bit about the club's history.

1968-1973 strip. Pretty certain this includes 1972:

52u.gif

1915-1918 strip. The first strip with black socks and a single red band at the top.

lery.gif

If you're going to tub-thump about observing club traditions, at least have an idea about what the traditions are. And maybe a wee bit about the club's history.

Obviously you didn't quite grasp the sarcasm in my original reply and 'thanks' for your lecture of Rangers history/traditions.

Re: 1972 Rangers strip and colour of socks....you are 'pretty certain'....I'll give you a wee clue....ready.....what colour of socks did Rangers wear last season as part of the home kit (red/white).....Do you know why (40th Anniversary)......40th Anninversary of what (Barca 72) and you are lecturingme about club traditions?????

BOTTOM LINE.....VAST MAJORITY OF RANGERS FANS ACCEPT/AGREE THAT BLACK/RED SOCKS ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF OUR TRADITIONAL COLOURS.....SO WHY CAN'T A CERTAIN MEMBER OF 1ST TEAM (BLACK) ACCEPT THAT AND SHOW APPROPRIATE DUE RESPECT BY WEARING THE STRIP IN THE CORRECT MANNER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?

IS IT SYMPTOMATIC OF LAX DISCIPLINE WITHIN THE CLUB AT THE MOMENT, REFLECTED IN 'LAZY' ON-FIELD PERFORMANCES LAST SEASON?