Ian Black's socks

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck me,his socks are clearly to big and he folding them to size

Aye, your right because PUMA only supply socks to Rangers in cerain sizes and if you ge a pair that doesn't fit....well nae luck!!!!

Funny how everyone elses's socks seem to fit okay and it ONLY seems to be his?

Good find mate and it looks like he does it to all the socks but one has came out on his right leg, the top bit of the red.

Obviously you didn't quite grasp the sarcasm in my original reply and 'thanks' for your lecture of Rangers history/traditions. Re: 1972 Rangers strip and colour of socks....you are 'pretty certain'....I'll give you a wee clue....ready.....what colour of socks did Rangers wear last season as part of the home kit (red/white).....Do you know why (40th Anniversary)......40th Anninversary of what (Barca 72) and you are lecturingme about club traditions????? BOTTOM LINE.....VAST MAJORITY OF RANGERS FANS ACCEPT/AGREE THAT BLACK/RED SOCKS ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF OUR TRADITIONAL COLOURS.....SO WHY CAN'T A CERTAIN MEMBER OF 1ST TEAM (BLACK) ACCEPT THAT AND SHOW APPROPRIATE DUE RESPECT BY WEARING THE STRIP IN THE CORRECT MANNER LIKE EVERYONE ELSE? IS IT SYMPTOMATIC OF LAX DISCIPLINE WITHIN THE CLUB AT THE MOMENT, REFLECTED IN 'LAZY' ON-FIELD PERFORMANCES LAST SEASON?

What has socks got to do with lack of perfroomances and also, WHO THE HELL CARES about who does what about socks, we have other catholics in the team that don't do it so get your act together

Yes he did AGAIN, and more importantly yet again he was allowed to....WHY ?
Because it is comfy like that for him maybe?

He's allowed to do it as no-one (other than you), apparently, is obsessed with this. Ian Black obviously isn't as, shock horror, he had some red showing on Saturday and I'd be very surprised if Ally is that fussed with a pair of socks either. Just for information they don't make bespoke socks and they could quite easily be too long for him (he's not the tallest is he?). I am much more concerned with how they perform on the park rather than how they wear their socks.

Aye, your right because PUMA only supply socks to Rangers in cerain sizes and if you ge a pair that doesn't fit....well nae luck!!!!

Funny how everyone elses's socks seem to fit okay and it ONLY seems to be his?

Keep fighting the good fight, this kind of thing has no place in modern society.

Good find mate and it looks like he does it to all the socks but one has came out on his right leg, the top bit of the red.

What has socks got to do with lack of perfroomances and also, WHO THE HELL CARES about who does what about socks, we have other catholics in the team that don't do it so get your act together Because it is comfy like that for him maybe?

Firstly, no he doesn't always roll/turn down his socks when he plays, 'google' Ian Black Rangers images and then come back ,sometimes he rolls/turns the tops of his socks down, sometimes he doesn't. For example there are loads of pivcs of him from last season wearing the red/white socks and the white band is clearly visible. Yet without fail every time he wears the traditonal socks, he (and he alone) adjusts them so as they appear to be almost all-black.....why?

imho the way socks/kits/club ties etc are worn reflects the general attitude within the club at any given time. Many top managers at top clubs ban mobile phones from training, ban players from twitter etc, insist on certain dress codes e.g. shirts tucked in, socks pulled up, club ties/blazers worn when respresenting club. Whereas, Rangers at present seem to have a 'relaxed' approach to discipline/conduct/dress code within the entire club and I honestly believe that the 'lax' management approach of recent times contributed significantly to our below-par peformances on the field last season. In short, most of them didn't seem too bothered, didn't put too much effort in and weer straight off to Nando's to tweet about "#easysesh" after defeats. When imho they should have been dragged in for extra training sessions.

The black/red traditional socks may seem a small detail to you and certain others, but this and countless other small details are what sets us apart from other clubs imho. Not wearing the club kit correctly and adjusting any part of it to suit imho shows a basic lack of respect for the club, management and fans who pay his wages. Every other Rangers player on Saturday [and in 1000's of other matches before him] has managed to do it, why can't he? Does he think he is better/different/special?

I have no idea why you have mentioned religion, I haven't mentioned it once. Is Ian Black a catholic, I don't know or care. I have no idea the proportion of catholics/non-catholics within our current squad and I'm not interested in finding out.

Because it is comfy????.......aye maybe your right, just let Ian Black wear whatever he wants, whenever he wants, when representing the club and picking up £k+ p/w, after his outstanding displays last season in SFL3 he has earned that right, or maybe, as suggested above the socks just don't fit him.

He's allowed to do it as no-one (other than you), apparently, is obsessed with this. Ian Black obviously isn't as, shock horror, he had some red showing on Saturday and I'd be very surprised if Ally is that fussed with a pair of socks either. Just for information they don't make bespoke socks and they could quite easily be too long for him (he's not the tallest is he?). I am much more concerned with how they perform on the park rather than how they wear their socks.

Why is he allowed to 'adjust' the kit? No-one else feels the need to, the fact that Ally 'isn't fussed' isn't justification, but imho syptomatic of the general lax attitude prevalent within the club at present....ffs our manager takes touchline fashion tips from TLRB, a group of 1st team players spend a lot of time on twitter boasting about 'easy training sessions', mere days after embaressing defeats.....on many occasions last season we were out played & outpassed and looked no fitter than postmen/joiners etc.

And back to the bespoke socks/socks don't fit debate......socks can be purchased/supplied in various different sizes, strangely enough no-one else on Saturday or at any other game seems to have the same problem as him...ffs my son has manged to get a pair that fit him every year, why can't he?

Why is he allowed to 'adjust' the kit? No-one else feels the need to, the fact that Ally 'isn't fussed' isn't justification, but imho syptomatic of the general lax attitude prevalent within the club at present....ffs our manager takes touchline fashion tips from TLRB, a group of 1st team players spend a lot of time on twitter boasting about 'easy training sessions', mere days after embaressing defeats.....on many occasions last season we were out played & outpassed and looked no fitter than postmen/joiners etc.

And back to the bespoke socks/socks don't fit debate......socks can be purchased/supplied in various different sizes, strangely enough no-one else on Saturday or at any other game seems to have the same problem as him...ffs my son has manged to get a pair that fit him every year, why can't he?

And yet you are still obsessed with socks! Maybe he just puts the socks on, which seems much more likely than your 'theory'. You do know the socks are not symbolic of being 'up to our knees' in anything don't you?

The tweets that ended #easysesh were a response to the criticisms you are levelling and were in no way 'easy'. Maybe you should be looking at whats happening this season when there is not the slightest indication that the attitude is lax.

Part of the problem last season was the lack of a pre-season (it really does make a difference) and your casual dismissal of the opposition as 'postmen and joiners' shows your lack of awareness of modern football.

You worry about socks and I'll concern myself with the performances on the field.

Maybe call the club and ask?

I don't actually think he does it deliberately to hide the red in my opinion. If that pic by Willie Vass is anything to go by then the other sock was firmly up and showing the red. Maybe he does it for luck? Maybe he has superstitious tendancies from former games with other clubs, that when he folded a sock over he played better?

Who knows. The only way to know for sure is by getting the club to ask him and perhaps he can answer it in The Goalies 9-in-a-row quickfire round for the Virtual Rangers App on the phone :D (see what I did there ;) )

Well Ally wears a trackie to games at times so he's not going to be pissed off at him for altering the uniform! Did Black do the same thing at Hearts?

edit: Seems he did...prob just a superstition.

Hearts+v+Rangers+r7jDobGO2tFl.jpg

And yet you are still obsessed with socks! Maybe he just puts the socks on, which seems much more likely than your 'theory'. You do know the socks are not symbolic of being 'up to our knees' in anything don't you?

The tweets that ended #easysesh were a response to the criticisms you are levelling and were in no way 'easy'. Maybe you should be looking at whats happening this season when there is not the slightest indication that the attitude is lax.

Part of the problem last season was the lack of a pre-season (it really does make a difference) and your casual dismissal of the opposition as 'postmen and joiners' shows your lack of awareness of modern football.

You worry about socks and I'll concern myself with the performances on the field.

Re: "You do know the socks are not symbolic of being 'up to our knees' in anything don't you?" - No, I always believed that is exactly what they symbolised, hence their importance. What do they mean then?.......btw I'm being sarcastic, I honsetly don't care what certain people believe the black/red socks do or don't symbolise, personally I feel that by not wearing the strip in the appropirate/correct manner he is being at best lazy and at worst disrespectful.

btw black/red are colours of Govan burgh, Govan high still wear black/red.

Re: #easysesh tweets were iirc a response from 'Holidaydaz' in defence of Kyle 'Homeland' Hutton who was asking what DVD's were worth watching just after 12pm, 48hrs after home SFL3 defeat and a shocking display. Rangers fans queried why extra training sessions weren't being scheduled following a string of below par performances, Cole then thought it 'clever' to tweet that training would be finished by 11am the next day followed by #easyeash.

Re: Part of the problem last season was the lack of a pre-season (it really does make a difference) - I agree, but only to a certain extent. When they could be bothered last season we went on a run of 10+ wins in a row, thereby opening up a huge gap in the table, then for some unexplained reason, we resorted to below par dross for the remainder of the campaign. I'm not quite sure how 'lack of pre-season' explains that tbh.

Re: casual dismissal of the opposition as 'postmen and joiners' shows your lack of awareness of modern football - No casual dismissal intended but at the end of the day they are part-time players (e.g. postmen/plumbers/joiners) against the 2nd highest paid squad in the country who are full-time professionals. QOTS destroyed the opposition in the league above us, winning the league earlier at a fraction of the cost.

Re: You worry about socks and I'll concern myself with the performances on the field - imho they are not seperate, everything at a football club at whatever level is linked and I honestly believe that lack of dress code/lax discipline etc manifest themselves in many ways from the smallest thing i.e. idiotic tweets, lack of respect for tradition to where it really matters, on the field of play.

Well Ally wears a trackie to games at times so he's not going to be pissed off at him for altering the uniform! Did Black do the same thing at Hearts?

edit: Seems he did...prob just a superstition.

Hearts+v+Rangers+r7jDobGO2tFl.jpg

Sometimes he rolls/turns his socks down, sometimes he doesn't i.e. loads of pics from last season with white clearly visible and not turned/rolled down on red/white socks.

Others 'reasons' suggested have been 'socks don't fit'...'he has short legs'....'socks aren't bespoke'...no-one else seems to have any problem, just him.

Re: "You do know the socks are not symbolic of being 'up to our knees' in anything don't you?" - No, I always believed that is exactly what they symbolised, hence their importance. What do they mean then?.......btw I'm being sarcastic, I honsetly don't care what certain people believe the black/red socks do or don't symbolise, personally I feel that by not wearing the strip in the appropirate/correct manner he is being at best lazy and at worst disrespectful.

btw black/red are colours of Govan burgh, Govan high still wear black/red.

Re: #easysesh tweets were iirc a response from 'Holidaydaz' in defence of Kyle 'Homeland' Hutton who was asking what DVD's were worth watching just after 12pm, 48hrs after home SFL3 defeat and a shocking display. Rangers fans queried why extra training sessions weren't being scheduled following a string of below par performances, Cole then thought it 'clever' to tweet that training would be finished by 11am the next day followed by #easyeash.

Re: Part of the problem last season was the lack of a pre-season (it really does make a difference) - I agree, but only to a certain extent. When they could be bothered last season we went on a run of 10+ wins in a row, thereby opening up a huge gap in the table, then for some unexplained reason, we resorted to below par dross for the remainder of the campaign. I'm not quite sure how 'lack of pre-season' explains that tbh.

Re: casual dismissal of the opposition as 'postmen and joiners' shows your lack of awareness of modern football - No casual dismissal intended but at the end of the day they are part-time players (e.g. postmen/plumbers/joiners) against the 2nd highest paid squad in the country who are full-time professionals. QOTS destroyed the opposition in the league above us, winning the league earlier at a fraction of the cost.

Re: You worry about socks and I'll concern myself with the performances on the field - imho they are not seperate, everything at a football club at whatever level is linked and I honestly believe that lack of dress code/lax discipline etc manifest themselves in many ways from the smallest thing i.e. idiotic tweets, lack of respect for tradition to where it really matters, on the field of play.

So if there is a marked improvement in performance, both as a team an IB in particular and he 'still' doesn't address your issue re: socks, what are you going to conclude?

I recall that a certain Neville Southall was just about the scruffiest footballer known to man. Did that make him a dreadful goalkeeper? Of course it didn't.

So if there is a marked improvement in performance, both as a team an IB in particular and he 'still' doesn't address your issue re: socks, what are you going to conclude?

I recall that a certain Neville Southall was just about the scruffiest footballer known to man. Did that make him a dreadful goalkeeper? Of course it didn't.

If there is a marked improvement in performance this season, which there should be as we have had a full pre-season as opposed to last year, and also in Ian Black then obviously my linkage of poor on-field displays with lax attitudes off it will have been disproved. My conclusion would then be, as stated above that "not wearing the strip in the appropirate/correct manner he is being at best lazy and at worst disrespectful"...but it doesn't affect his performance, we shall see.

Re: Neville Southall - Andy Goram was much the same, goalies in general are a rule unto themselves, but as another poster mentioned earlier about Baxter never tucking his jersey in, exceptions can be made/earned when extended exceptional performances justify, and all three players I have mentioed without a doubt fall into that category, Ian black certainly doesn't.

:lol:

The sad thing about this thread is I am sure we have already done this 10 page dance last year too.

Before my time mate, someone did post the link earlier.

I'm just asking why he (and no-one else) does it and questioning whether it is syptomatic of 'lax' discipline running throughout club and contributing to poor on-field performances last season.

btw...apparently I'm a cunt, tim etc for doing so.

Before my time mate, someone did post the link earlier.

I'm just asking why he (and no-one else) does it and questioning whether it is syptomatic of 'lax' discipline running throughout club and contributing to poor on-field performances last season.

btw...apparently I'm a cunt, tim etc for doing so.

'Re: You worry about socks and I'll concern myself with the performances on the field - imho they are not seperate, everything at a football club at whatever level is linked and I honestly believe that lack of dress code/lax discipline etc manifest themselves in many ways from the smallest thing i.e. idiotic tweets, lack of respect for tradition to where it really matters, on the field of play.'

You aren't questioning, you're giving an opinion. If you had said 'I wonder if' then thats a question. Many other posters disagree with your opinion and have explained why. Maybe you should understand that we get your opinion but disagree with it. You have managed to have a go at Ally, the younger players and the coaching staff as well as Ian Black during the course of this thread. Is there anyone else you wish to drag in to this while you are at it?