The logic of Ally Mccoist the football manager!

scarkev

We needed cover for left back and we could have signed a promising 19 year old on low wages who proved against us last year that he was capable if stepping up a level! He is now wanted by Everton and Swansea whilst we got Stevie smith! If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We needed cover for left back and we could have signed a promising 19 year old on low wages who proved against us last year that he was capable if stepping up a level! He is now wanted by Everton and Swansea whilst we got Stevie smith! If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny!

Exactly. Said it after we played Queen's Park last season he was a stand-out .... get him snapped up, yet we don't bother and end up signing Smith for about 5 times the wages this boy would have cost.

Tin hat on - we could have even cashed in on Wallace this season for a couple of million and had this guy as the ready made replacement. Worst case scenario.

McCoist has been getting a bashing on here recently so don't want to be seen to be first in to stick the boot in again ... however, this particular example with this particular player is a sore one for me and underlines one of the glaringly obvious faults of our management.

Exactly. Said it after we played Queen's Park last season he was a stand-out .... get him snapped up, yet we don't bother and end up signing Smith for about 5 times the wages this boy would have cost.

Tin hat on - we could have even cashed in on Wallace this season for a couple of million and had this guy as the ready made replacement. Worst case scenario.

McCoist has been getting a bashing on here recently so don't want to be seen to be first in to stick the boot in again ... however, this particular example with this particular player is a sore one for me and underlines one of the glaringly obvious faults of our management.

It just exemplifies everything that's wrong with our approach! Even last year we could have signed the top youngsters in the lower leagues on short term contracts with no financial risk, unlike cribari, Sandaza etc...and then if any of them showed promise we could get them signed up long term! We have done things back to front IMO....

if the guy was under contract we couldnt sign him because of the transfer embargo

Wrong we had a window remember that's how we got Templeton.....plus QP are a part time team so there are no professional contracts just compensation for training!

Wrong we had a window remember that's how we got Templeton.....plus QP are a part time team so there are no professional contracts just compensation for training!

we had never played queens park when we signed tempelton

Has the " This is Fun" vanished now?

i also wished we had went for good youngsters instead of watching the likes of Smith, Daly, Cribari etc just go through the motions, have we missed the boat?

Think there is one or two windows left before we well and truly have missed the boat.

Mr Hindsight is the best scout going, get him Mr Wallace! Who needs John Park

Hindsight? Us mere mortals could see as clear as day the boy had potential last year and we all knew what smith would/wouldn't offer on vastly more money! It just sums up our transfer policy and illustrates why we are in the financial mess we are!

No but unfortunatly people such as yourself jump in two footed trying to belittle someone's post and are unwilling to hold your hands up when your wrong!

Ok precious, you win: I will admit to both my mistakes.

1. I, Getstiffed, do hereby admit to jumping in with both feet and belittling an op (with a smiley and 2 words).

2. I, Getstiffed, do hereby admit to forgetting not to forget that the internet is a serious business....especially at kevs time of the month.

Do forgive me my good man.

Tragic? Melodramatic loyal

Ally is a guy who is part of the old pals brigade. Stevie Smith should never have been signed. He is injury prone, and not very good even at the division we are playing at. it's the same with Richard Foster. He is absolutely rubbish, bit because these 2 guys have played for us in the top flight, Ally signed them and never had a look at anyone else, hoping he signed the same player that was with us 3/4 years ago