Northern Ireland V Greece

bluedylan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The European Championships is a bigger tournament than the Uefa Cup

I don't doubt it is, but is qualifying for the euros bigger than a UEFA final? I'm not so sure.

Either way, great achievement for Northern Ireland so good luck to them, hope they do well.

Gutted Scotland didn't make it, but the point I was making was if I had to choose between my club or country success then it would be Rangers everytime.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Hungover Northern Ireland fans trying to work out when it will all go wrong

football2.jpg

After years of pessimism, Northern Ireland football fans are said to be “reeling” this morning after their team accidentally qualified for Euro 2016 against all the odds.
After a stunning 3-1 victory against Greece last night, Northern Ireland sit top of their group and are guaranteed qualification. However even before the first Panini sticker of Gareth McAuley has been printed, fans are beginning to worry that their team, or the IFA, will still find some way of screwing things up.
“It doesn’t make sense,” said Ken Gillespie, a Portadown native who we found wandering in a daze around Shaftesbury Square this morning. “We never qualify. Something always goes wrong at the last minute. The chances are that the IFA will accidentally book the team into a hotel in Mexico, or the French air traffic controllers will go on strike and the team will be stuck at Aldergrove for the duration of the tournament.”
Antrim fan Willy Bingham was similarly confused. “I spent this morning researching Kyle Lafferty’s family tree. I’m pretty certain it’s going to emerge that he’s Brazilian and not eligible to play for us. Then UEFA will strike all his goals from the record, we’ll be dumped out of the Euros and big Kyle will be picked for the Brazil team in place of Neymar.”
Steven Davison from Ballymena was also cautious. “What if David Cameron pulls the UK out of Europe?” he asked. “Then we might get expelled from UEFA and end up having to play in the African Cup of Nations or something. Either that or thon volcano in Iceland will kick off again and we’ll be stranded.”
Steven’s girlfriend Norma Whiteside had even bigger worries. “I reckon UEFA will send the documentation to Martin O’Neill instead of Michael.”
“That’d be a f**kin’ shitemare altogether.”

:lol::lol: :lol:

Hungover Northern Ireland fans trying to work out when it will all go wrong

football2.jpg

After years of pessimism, Northern Ireland football fans are said to be “reeling” this morning after their team accidentally qualified for Euro 2016 against all the odds.

After a stunning 3-1 victory against Greece last night, Northern Ireland sit top of their group and are guaranteed qualification. However even before the first Panini sticker of Gareth McAuley has been printed, fans are beginning to worry that their team, or the IFA, will still find some way of screwing things up.

“It doesn’t make sense,” said Ken Gillespie, a Portadown native who we found wandering in a daze around Shaftesbury Square this morning. “We never qualify. Something always goes wrong at the last minute. The chances are that the IFA will accidentally book the team into a hotel in Mexico, or the French air traffic controllers will go on strike and the team will be stuck at Aldergrove for the duration of the tournament.”

Antrim fan Willy Bingham was similarly confused. “I spent this morning researching Kyle Lafferty’s family tree. I’m pretty certain it’s going to emerge that he’s Brazilian and not eligible to play for us. Then UEFA will strike all his goals from the record, we’ll be dumped out of the Euros and big Kyle will be picked for the Brazil team in place of Neymar.”

Steven Davison from Ballymena was also cautious. “What if David Cameron pulls the UK out of Europe?” he asked. “Then we might get expelled from UEFA and end up having to play in the African Cup of Nations or something. Either that or thon volcano in Iceland will kick off again and we’ll be stranded.”

Steven’s girlfriend Norma Whiteside had even bigger worries. “I reckon UEFA will send the documentation to Martin O’Neill instead of Michael.”

“That’d be a f**kin’ shitemare altogether.”

Fucking Shitemare.!.....Belfast speak at its beautiful poetic best

Was watching BBCNI there, they were saying counting qualification, sponsorship deals and TV money, it's worth north of £20 Million to the IFA.

Fucking brilliant, that's a lot of money for a small country like us to use to kick on from here, develop and support young players and local teams.

I just can't get the smile of my face all day, stuck this on my Facebook this morning -

'Woke up and had to pinch myself, just to make sure. I can only imagine what the party was like in Norn Iron last night, makes you homesick! Well, I don't need to imagine, I was at Windsor for the England, Sweden and Spain games when we chinned them not so long ago, and I'm old enough to remember us qualifying for 2 World Cups! Absolutely proud and delighted. Gonna go to France, no question. Can't get this big smile of my face all day!'

I'm still emotional, some of video's of Belfast last night were brilliant!ulster%20emoticon.gif

Brilliant result last night,

So happy for Northern Ireland :ulster:

On Sunday I'm supporting Poland and I hope the republic get Holland in the play-off and get absolutely destroyed. Knowing it's hurting those terrorist scum bags in the south of Ireland that the "pub team" are through is extra sweet.

COME ON POLAND!