Zelalem To Extend Deal

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can see he is a class player, unless of course you happen to be born in Scotland where the majority of folk would have slagged of Pele for not doing enough work off the ball etc etc. Little wonder this country is sliding towards the footballing abyss when our middle age attitude still remains.

Only fanbois can't see that he has a lot to work on when it comes to off the ball side of play.

He's been terrific today. People questioning his work rate and toughness surely must accept that both were there in abundance today. Yes, he wastes passes now and again but I don't mind that so much when he's trying to play difficult, incisive passes, they aren't all going to come off. He also seemed to be a little more advanced than normal today, he seemed to be in and around the box more often than I've seen in recent matches and I'm sure goals will come for him.

Spot on.

Slows things down in the middle of the park too much for me. Whenever we bypass him and look to the wings for a quick counter we always look far more dangerous than when we go through him in the middle. This becomes more and more relevant as we see teams rushing to put 9 or 10 men behind the ball and as it becomes more important for us to take advantage of any quick counter attacking opportunities we get.

I do think he is an excellent prospect and i'd like to see him stick around as a squad player for the second half of the season but i'm not sure he suits our new style of play particularly well.

He's not 2 footed, he's actually very right sided, and we had Lewis MacLeod, a far better player.

GP, I know you like a wee moan now and then but I can tell you know enough about the game to think this way about Zalelem. Perhaps he is one step ahead of his own team mates when things break down? He has skill and I thought he was decent today as did MW or he would have been substituted.

You must be kidding!

Deadly serious. This kid is so over rated it is frightening. There is absolutely no doubt MacLeod was a better player. Regardless of level he played, this is still the lower leagues and some of the goals young Lewis scored were absolutely sensational. He also stood up and was counted against SPL sides in the cup, unlike Zelalem who shat himself against St Johnstone and Hibs.

He's pretty hopeless at the moment

Hugely disappointing

No heart no desire not interested in tracking back , gives up at the drop off a hat , as for a 50/50 challenge no chance as he shires it every time my only gripe with the manager is this guy , seems to have a blind spot for him .9

Both of you spot on.

GP, I know you like a wee moan now and then but I can tell you know enough about the game to think this way about Zalelem. Perhaps he is one step ahead of his own team mates when things break down? He has skill and I thought he was decent today as did MW or he would have been substituted.

MW has a relationship with Arsenal to keep mate. The whole world could see Zel should have come off instead of Holt.

Both of you spot on.

MW has a relationship with Arsenal to keep mate. The whole world could see Zel should have come off instead of Holt.

I agree there may be something to the Arsenal thing and Holt certainly didn't deserve to come off but neither did Zelalem. I believe he will prove the doubters wrong before he leaves.

A lot of people writing off an 18 year old (18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) player that is incredibly highly rated by one of the top clubs in Europe. Times have certainly changed.. he might not be Messi, but he does a job that is not really appreciated.. people expect someone who goes past players, scores goals and sets them up. He isnt that kind of player, in my opinion. He plays his best football when spraying passes around and finding that pass that puts a player through. He sometimes plays passes that you would never expect.. and THAT is what makes him a very good player. We are lucky to have him, as my Arsenal supporting friends were furious when he came to us, as they expected him to feature in their first team this year. He will be inconsistent, yes, but writing him off is just silly.

This. When you are a good player, like he is, you are using the brain as well as the foot, and unfortunately he is always going to be one step ahead of the others. This means he will look bad. The others need to up their game to his wavelength! Not a fanboy as has been suggested, just someone who knows a class player when he sees one.

A lot of people writing off an 18 year old (18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) player that is incredibly highly rated by one of the top clubs in Europe. Times have certainly changed.. he might not be Messi, but he does a job that is not really appreciated.. people expect someone who goes past players, scores goals and sets them up. He isnt that kind of player, in my opinion. He plays his best football when spraying passes around and finding that pass that puts a player through. He sometimes plays passes that you would never expect.. and THAT is what makes him a very good player. We are lucky to have him, as my Arsenal supporting friends were furious when he came to us, as they expected him to feature in their first team this year. He will be inconsistent, yes, but writing him off is just silly.

I fear you may be wasting your time trying to convince many on here, mate!

Anyone can see he is a class player, unless of course you happen to be born in Scotland where the majority of folk would have salgged of Pele for not doing enough work off the ball etc etc. Little wonder this country is sliding towards the footballing abyss when our middle age attitude still remains.

Stupid comment and if anyone has a middle age attitude it's you.

I completely disagree with you. Lewis isnt half the player that Zelalem is. One of the biggest prospects in a major European club for a reason. Lewis played Peterhead etc..

He might not go on to be half the player but he offered us more in his time on the pitch.

Lewis played Peterhead etc, who has Zel been playing? Alloa?

It's not about what level he is going to end up at, it's about what level he is for us.

I completely disagree with you. Lewis isnt half the player that Zelalem is. One of the biggest prospects in a major European club for a reason. Lewis played Peterhead etc..

Zels playing Livi, Alloa etc...in a supposed good team.....and found wanting.....Lewis was in among our worst ever....yet was still exceptional.