A Year From Now

MisterC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going out and spending 15 million doesn't 'assure' us of anything.

Aberdeen and Hearts may well beat us if we were to play them tomorrow,just as a Falkirk or hibs may well beat us if we were to play them tomorrow...over the course of a season though I'm pretty certain we'll come out on top.

We need 3 or 4 clever signings for next year.

And relying on unearthing a whole team of gems from the lower leagues in England or spending 2.5 million gives us even less assurances of getting us where we need

Everything is a gamble and you need that wee bit of luck too - some things are less of a gamble

And relying on unearthing a whole team of gems from the lower leagues in England or spending 2.5 million gives us even less assurances of getting us where we need

Everything is a gamble and you need that wee bit of luck too - some things are less of a gamble

Everything is a gamble and for years we spent millions on players and wages on the gamble of getting it back in Europe and this is one of the reasons we ended up in the shit in the first place.Spending millions is no guarantee of anything as this has been proved in the past by Malmos, Maribors etc. Surely we don't need to spend millions to beat teams in the Scottish game who have been put together for what, a few hundred thousand and id love to know where these millions are going to come from.

Everything is a gamble and for years we spent millions on players and wages on the gamble of getting it back in Europe and this is one of the reasons we ended up in the shit in the first place.Spending millions is no guarantee of anything as this has been proved in the past by Malmos, Maribors etc. Surely we don't need to spend millions to beat teams in the Scottish game who have been put together for what, a few hundred thousand and id love to know where these millions are going to come from.

Again I know all this and I'm not against spending less or as little as possible to get where we need to be but people need to be realistic

If you could win you leagues and get to the champions league by only unearthing rare finds in the English lower leagues and it were that easy everyone would be doing it including Hearts and Aberdeen

People are putting all their eggs in one basket with this method

Again I know all this and I'm not against spending less or as little as possible to get where we need to be but people need to be realistic

If you could win you leagues and get to the champions league by only unearthing rare finds in the English lower leagues and it were that easy everyone would be doing it including Hearts and Aberdeen

People are putting all their eggs in one basket with this method

I agree people need to be realistic and that also includes being realistic in what we can/have to spend because I for one and im sure plenty more certainly don't want us going back down the road of spending millions on players and wages to beat the likes of Hearts,Motherwell,Kilmarnocks etc and ending up back in the shit once again.

I agree people need to be realistic and that also includes being realistic in what we can/have to spend because I for one and im sure plenty more certainly don't want us going back down the road of spending millions on players and wages to beat the likes of Hearts,Motherwell,Kilmarnocks etc and ending up back in the shit once again.

No one wants us to spend 6 million on a Michael Ball who plays 30 games in 4 years or 12 million on a Flo

No-one

I'm not talking about anything like that sort of spending

There a balancing act to be had. I think we will be prudent I just don't want us to be tight and relying on an overly optimistic utopian policy that's from the realms of fantasy either

Bang on. Fuck all this settling for 3rd nonsense. Cunts who say that install a loser mentality into the club. We should strive to win and expect nothing else.

You can just stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la" if you want but this squad is not good enough to finish top of the prem next season. Our best central defender is a loanee and will most likely be gone, the other two have struggled against the dross in this league never mind the top 6 in the prem. Offensively we struggled to break down teams who sat back with ten men behind the ball until Law came back from injury. You think the prem teams aren't going to sit back against us? They're going to do the exact same thing but better.

We need 3 or 4 quality signings in the summer if we are to realistically challenge for top spot and every indication so far is that we don't have the money to bring them in.

This time next year I expect us to be top of the league. We will spend money to buy in players and we will attract a higher standard of player with the old firm games returning and the possibility of return to Europe. And with MW in charge I see no reason to think any differently. Fear no foe.

No one wants us to spend 6 million on a Michael Ball who plays 30 games in 4 years or 12 million on a Flo

No-one

I'm not talking about anything like that sort of spending

There a balancing act to be had. I think we will be prudent I just don't want us to be tight and relying on an overly optimistic utopian policy that's from the realms of fantasy either

You have quoted spending between 10 and 12.5 million on players yourself.There is a balancing act and that balancing act is investing wisely to win in Scotland or throwing millions away chasing an unwinnable fantasy in Europe.First and foremost we need to get back to the top in Scotland and sustain that position and that shouldn't take a good manager 10 or 15 million to do against clubs put together for a few hundred thousand. I want us back like so many but not at the cost of the club finding itself back in the shit.Its going to take patience and hard hard work but we will get there.We cannot afford to go back to the lazy days of spend spend spend and end up back in the mess we found ourselves in thanks to our policy of signings that you quoted.

You have quoted spending between 10 and 12.5 million on players yourself.There is a balancing act and that balancing act is investing wisely to win in Scotland or throwing millions away chasing an unwinnable fantasy in Europe.First and foremost we need to get back to the top in Scotland and sustain that position and that shouldn't take a good manager 10 or 15 million to do against clubs put together for a few hundred thousand. I want us back like so many but not at the cost of the club finding itself back in the shit.Its going to take patience and hard hard work but we will get there.We cannot afford to go back to the lazy days of spend spend spend and end up back in the mess we found ourselves in thanks to our policy of signings that you quoted.

Yes that's what I did quote but did you miss the part where I said on 4/5 good players? For 4 or 5 good players similar to the value and the money spent for the likes of Bougerra, Cuellar, Mendes, Davis, Cousin etc

If you or anyone else thinks they modest sums are beyond us then fine but I despair a bit - the answer to this question from the op is easy IMO sitting in second and doing well to reach Europa group stages

Some people under estimate what's needed

I expect us to be top of the premiership at this point next season. It should be everyone's expectation.

See all this 3rd or 4th pish. Fuck off you support Rangers no Hearts.

THIS 100%..Top of the League 6 points clear wih the mhankies and the rest of scottish fitbaw greetin and moaning and imploding with debts and trying to rush thru urgent League reconstruction and made up rules that takes 6 points off The Rangers for being too bloody good..Aim high BEARS..FOR WATP..

I never said we should buy a whole team from the English lower leagues.

Yes that's what I did quote but did you miss the part where I said on 4/5 good players? For 4 or 5 good players similar to the value and the money spent for the likes of Bougerra, Cuellar, Mendes, Davis, Cousin etc

If you or anyone else thinks they modest sums are beyond us then fine but I despair a bit - the answer to this question from the op is easy IMO sitting in second and doing well to reach Europa group stages

Some people under estimate what's needed

No I didn't miss the part about 4/5 good players but because you pay 2.5 million does not mean you have a better player than someone you have paid 200,000 for.You quoted yourself the amount paid for Flo but ask yourself what the club paid for Boyd and who gave the better return for money=goals.All im trying to say is we will get back to the top but it will take patience and a lot of hard work but im sure the management team understand that but not so sure about some fans.Some think that if we spend millions we shall be guaranteed to be back up there but we all know that's not quite the case and im not being picky but where are these millions going to come from no one seems to know.

No I didn't miss the part about 4/5 good players but because you pay 2.5 million does not mean you have a better player than someone you have paid 200,000 for.You quoted yourself the amount paid for Flo but ask yourself what the club paid for Boyd and who gave the better return for money=goals.All im trying to say is we will get back to the top but it will take patience and a lot of hard work but im sure the management team understand that but not so sure about some fans.Some think that if we spend millions we shall be guaranteed to be back up there but we all know that's not quite the case and im not being picky but where are these millions going to come from no one seems to know.

Going on your logic then let's not spend any money on anyone decent as there's no guarantees anyway?

It's about being realistic - all I and you want is the best chance of being back where we belong

You can't do it on a shoestring but you have to be responsible too

Going on your logic then let's not spend any money on anyone decent as there's no guarantees anyway?

It's about being realistic - all I and you want is the best chance of being back where we belong

You can't do it on a shoestring but you have to be responsible too

My logic is not based on not spending money its based on you dont and shouldn't have to spend millions on players to beat teams put together for a few hundred thousand that's my logic. Nothing has changed for almost every club in Scotland for 140 years. All but two have never had millions to spend and never will but we seem to think that if we spend millions we are guaranteed to win and that as we all know is not the case at any football level.

Yes I and no doubt yourself and thousands of others want nothing more than to have the gers back at the top but iam being realistic in the fact that its going to take patience and a lot of very hard work.We cannot and should not go back to the days of spend spend spend and end up back in a mess financially.

Wages increased and not big transfer fees are what I expect next season. A few million spread over 4 or 5 first team quality players. A 'difference maker' in midfield and up front.

Warburton and his team have excellent contacts. If we can pay decent wages 10 - 15k then we can look at Championship level players and im sure the manager can work his magic and pick up bargains as he has done repeatedly.

By way of comparison, our £7m wage bill is about a quarter of the one team we need to beat next season.

My logic is not based on not spending money its based on you dont and shouldn't have to spend millions on players to beat teams put together for a few hundred thousand that's my logic. Nothing has changed for almost every club in Scotland for 140 years. All but two have never had millions to spend and never will but we seem to think that if we spend millions we are guaranteed to win and that as we all know is not the case at any football level.

Yes I and no doubt yourself and thousands of others want nothing more than to have the gers back at the top but iam being realistic in the fact that its going to take patience and a lot of very hard work.We cannot and should not go back to the days of spend spend spend and end up back in a mess financially.

Well best of luck with that logic mate - if it can be done smashing but I think it's unrealistic

I don't often agree with King but he's right when he says we need 5 or 6 top players to enhance our XI next season to get where we need to be - who those players are are up for debate I suppose

Well best of luck with that logic mate - if it can be done smashing but I think it's unrealistic

I don't often agree with King but he's right when he says we need 5 or 6 top players to enhance our XI next season to get where we need to be - who those players are are up for debate I suppose

Well we obviously have different opinions on what needs to be spent but I think im being realistic as well in the fact that we dont have millions to spend as we all know we are living on loans from DK and others at the moment and ive yet to find out where these millions are going to come from to buy 5 or 6 top players and pay them and id rather leave MW to sort out the football side of things than DK. Im just being realistic as to how much money we can afford to spend and should spend that's all.

Aye look where gambling millions got us.

£6m and we would comfortably challenge at the top of the league and I think we will be a lot closer than people make out. The major hurdle will be the first half of the season when we play each team home and away who will try 110% to do all they can to beat us, wind us up, injure us etc because their rabid sporting integrity fans expect that. After that we will push on and comfortably finish 2nd guaranteed, however I do believe we can win it at the first time of asking.

I remember when Souness arrived and some folk were talking about how we should give him a year to bed in the new players and build a team. Winners don't aim for second best and Mark Warburton comes across as a winner.

It might not happen the first year of course. But them in grey/green were heading down then into a period of discontent and lack of direction (to be polite!) which can be seen to be happening again.

We have something to prove but them others are so full of themselves that we should have plenty of hope due to our team's hunger for success and we need to push our players on by getting behind them even in those times it didn't go to plan.

Aye look where gambling millions got us.

£6m and we would comfortably challenge at the top of the league and I think we will be a lot closer than people make out. The major hurdle will be the first half of the season when we play each team home and away who will try 110% to do all they can to beat us, wind us up, injure us etc because their rabid sporting integrity fans expect that. After that we will push on and comfortably finish 2nd guaranteed, however I do believe we can win it at the first time of asking.

Do me a favour and read my posts before missing the point - thanks

Id rather we spend wisely on players and on the youth and development to ensure we can sustain dominance when we get back to winning the league in 2 or 3 years, than for us to fling 10 million at winning the SPL first time back and then the tims end up winning it the next 2 or 3 years.

We fucked ourselves by throwing money at the squad trying to win the CL. We shouldnt do the same on a smaller level to win the SPL.

As a Rangers fan I thouroughly expect us to win the league every year, but id rather the Club was healthy and preparing for the future. All of us are dying for our SPL title fix, but im sure we can wait if its for the Clubs benefit.

That said the CL money we would get would probably outweigh any cash we spent between now and the end of next season so im probably talking shite.