One For Older Bears...

Do you remember the Pink Times and the Citizen

Citizen you could purchase at Ibrox on the day of the game and it would have a colour poster of one of the Gers players from the time. My favourite was Colin Stein.

The times you could get that Saturday night after the game, and it would have most of the match report. It was printed before games had actually finished meaning you never got full report.

Does any one remember a time in the 70s when team would come out and kick balls in to the crowd? It may have been a one off as part of centenary celebrations, but I defo remember it happening as a kid.

The 70s were a fashion disaster. Scarf round the kneck, one on each wrist, platform shoes and flair trousers :lol:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 50

I remember the pink times lying about the house never getting read! I used to copy the Bay City Rollers with my Rangers scarf.

Do you remember pissing in a can of tennents?

I liked putting my boaby in Penny :lol:

loading_lg_w.gif$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

or the half time scores at Ibrox going up on wee boards that you had to cross reference with your programme?

great days

:uk:

And don't forget the Rangers tammy :D

Yep I remember the posters at the game , my walls were full of them. Surprised they haven't found a way back.

Also remember the Pink. You would usually get a report and till just after HT , then nothing . Sometimes the FT results would be printed down the side of the back page though that may depend which edition you got.

I'm 50

I remember the pink times lying about the house never getting read! I used to copy the Bay City Rollers with my Rangers scarf.

or the half time scores at Ibrox going up on wee boards that you had to cross reference with your programme?

great days

Wee guy with the wheelbarrow going to the two ends to put the letters and scores in !

I'm 50

great days

Do you remember fights breaking out among bears, "Toonheed Derry Ya Bass" " Possil Ya Bass!

I remember the fighting but just thought it was folks arguing about the football - anyway "Young Del Ya Bass" (Ayrshire)

Went to a game when I was 18 with a few guys and one of them was absolutely steaming, could barely stand, and we were trying to get him in through the turnstile when copper at side said "you need a hand, lads" and helped us get him through. Changed days eh!

Walking up to the front of queue for the turnstiles with the big cairyoot and waiting for your mates who joined the queue to get through. Then passing the bevvy over to them. No toilets on supporters buses but the Windows opened to empty the cans that had been recycled as makeshift toilets. The downside for the wee invalid cars was they had to leave about 10 minutes before fulltime.

Do you remember the Pink Times and the Citizen

Citizen you could purchase at Ibrox on the day of the game and it would have a colour poster of one of the Gers players from the time. My favourite was Colin Stein.

The times you could get that Saturday night after the game, and it would have most of the match report. It was printed before games had actually finished meaning you never got full report.

Does any one remember a time in the 70s when team would come out and kick balls in to the crowd? It may have been a one off as part of centenary celebrations, but I defo remember it happening as a kid.

The 70s were a fashion disaster. Scarf round the kneck, one on each wrist, and flair trousers :lol:

I know you're old Johnny (you've said it in the title) but you started the exact same topic in 2012 ya forgetful old bastard...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=230963

Anybody old enough to remember these papers? They used to sell the citizen outside Ibrox before the games, used to love it as a kid because there would

be a cracking wall poster of one of the gers players inside. The pink times

you could get straight after the match as you were leaving the stadium and it would have the half time scores of the other games etc. These were days when

we didn't feel any hatred towards the papers, well not that I can remember any way, I was only a kid.

Spent years trying to win a pair of John Greig shinguards in the citizen, nae luck http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/angry.gif

I would always get a "lift over" from my Dad or Uncle - and remember all the wee gadgie's asking anyone "geez a lift over mister" - half them were like 16/17yrs old :p20:

:D

Remember my old man arguing like fuck with turnstile bloke because he wouldn't let my da lift me over. Old man was was ragin'

Yeah remember them both and use to deliver them on my paper round on Saturday night, was the best way at one time to get all the football results and reports. However it was a hard Saturday when I had to go and collect the papers after we had been beaten by Berwick Rangers in the cup. All the Celtic supporting paperboys were down early to make sure they caught us and gave all the Rangers supporting ones pelters. Tough

I know you're old Johnny (you've said it in the title) but you started the exact same topic in 2012 ya forgetful old bastard...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=230963

fux sake mate are you out the matrix or sumfin...that's some stalking your doing memory you have there

Sitting on a bus at Cambuslang in1967 ,big queue at the paperboy selling thePink times.turned to my mate and said " don't tell me rangers have lost at Berwick" to which he replied "no fuckin chance".walked in the house and saw my old man's face.went to my fuckin bed.

Aye true

Lot of posts repeat themselves, yet he picked on me :mad::D

I googled evening times pink edition and boom, an RM page was in the search results.

Imagine my astonishment when the old codger who started that thread was the same one who started this!! Don't worry though, sometimes I forget stuff and repeat myself too :)

Don't worry though, sometimes I forget stuff and repeat myself too :)

Don't worry though, sometimes I forget stuff and repeat myself too :)