One For Older Bears...

I googled evening times pink edition and boom, an RM page was in the search results.

Imagine my astonishment when the old codger who started that thread was the same one who started this!! Don't worry though, sometimes I forget stuff and repeat myself too :)

Don't worry though, sometimes I forget stuff and repeat myself too :)

Don't worry though, sometimes I forget stuff and repeat myself too :)

I suppose its good in a way that both posts are very much the same. My memory aint the greatest and I might even repeat this post in 3-4 yrs :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only in Glasgow did you get the Green and the Pink. I can remember Belfast in the early '60;s. About 80 O'clock I would leave my mates in

the pub and go round to Castle Junction in central Belfast and get them straight off the plane. Same as Glasgow, we only got the early editions

but at 8 o'clock.

Id love nothing more to go back in time to a game in the 60s or 70s. I was born in 89 but even i think things at the football have got far too toned down and PC compared to even the 90s so cant imagine what its like for older Bears.

Id love to take a cargo to the game, be able to stand, and not have to worry about getting lifted for singing while wearing a builders helmet, munching macaroon bars and pissing all over folk. And seeing the mighty Glesga Rangers (as they were officially called at the time) and the legends i grew up hearing about but never got to see.

Id love nothing more to go back in time to a game in the 60s or 70s. I was born in 89 but even i think things at the football have got far too toned down and PC compared to even the 90s so cant imagine what its like for older Bears.

Id love to take a cargo to the game, be able to stand, and not have to worry about getting lifted for singing while wearing a builders helmet, munching macaroon bars and pissing all over folk. And seeing the mighty Glesga Rangers (as they were officially called at the time) and the legends i grew up hearing about but never got to see.

On the Football specials (trains) you would get the same guys selling macaroon bars and spam rolls.

Or the guys with an egg box (the big cardboard box the trays of eggs were transported in, not an individual six pack box) tied with string round his neck selling rolls on cheese or ham.

Not wrapped in anything .

Elf an safety would have a field day nowadays.

I remember seeing folks getting passed down the front when they got hurt in the crowd and the Sally Army medics, all fat and limping themselves, hobbling across the blaze to get to the injured person. They got treated behind the goals as the game was still going on.... now all that could hurt you would be a slight chaffing from a plastic seat.....

I know you're old Johnny (you've said it in the title) but you started the exact same topic in 2012 ya forgetful old bastard...http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=230963

And you took time to troll the archives to find that. Hmmmmmm

Lots of posters on RM now not around for the previous discussion and better that 14 pages about what we are called, SEVcO or Glasgow SEVCO :P

And you took time to troll the archives to find that. Hmmmmmm

Lots of posters on RM now not around for the previous discussion and better that 14 peers about what we are called, SEVcO or Glasgow SEVCO :P

put the drink back in the cupboard, you haven't even had your dinner yet....

Never forget the reaction to the half time score board showing septic 0 partick 4

1971 was the year league cup final at hampden, Ibrox erupted in scenes of joy

It was breaking news in those days you never knew what was going on elsewhere

Happy days.

Not only in Glasgow did you get the Green and the Pink. I can remember Belfast in the early '60;s. About 80 O'clock I would leave my mates in

the pub and go round to Castle Junction in central Belfast and get them straight off the plane. Same as Glasgow, we only got the early editions

but at 8 o'clock.

80 o'clock?? Is that like 20 past Wednesday?

Never forget the reaction to the half time score board showing septic 0 partick 4

Happy days.

those boards - 1970's twtter :lol:

Happy days.

I was at that game. Beat Motherwell 4-0 right?, my memory aint great as has been proved on here :D

I'm 50

I remember the pink times lying about the house never getting read! I used to copy the Bay City Rollers with my Rangers scarf.

Do you remember pissing in a can of tennents?

I liked putting my boaby in Penny :lol:

loading_lg_w.gif$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

or the half time scores at Ibrox going up on wee boards that you had to cross reference with your programme?

great days

:uk:

Used to stand on two of these tins against a barrier to let me see the match. Always got sent flying when Rangers scored and would spend the next couple of minutes emptying the piss out of another two cans to see again.

put the drink back in the cupboard, you haven't even had your dinner yet....

i'll tell you when I want to hear from you.

Dinner? Screw that, hate eating on an empty stomach.

BTW - Sally Ann usually only collected donations, medics were St. Johns Ambulance service volunteers.

I remember seeing folks getting passed down the front when they got hurt in the crowd and the Sally Army medics, all fat and limping themselves, hobbling across the blaze to get to the injured person. They got treated behind the goals as the game was still going on.... now all that could hurt you would be a slight chaffing from a plastic seat.....

And white hankies being waved to let the medics know where they were needed.

Used to stand on two of these tins against a barrier to let me see the match. Always got sent flying when Rangers scored and would spend the next couple of minutes emptying the piss out of another two cans to see again.

Ditto mate, there was no ring pulls in they days either, they were opened by piercing the can with a wee lever thing with a sharp end (can still picture it in ma Heid), I remember there was a competition in the evening times and I won a pair of John Greig shin guards , they were a bit different in they days as well, two bits of plastic shoved down the front of your socks :) , I also remember a picture in the paper where some cunt through a dart in the Rangers end and it stuck in some poor cunts head.

Ditto mate, there was no ring pulls in they days either, they were opened by piercing the can with a wee lever thing with a sharp end (can still picture it in ma Heid), I remember there was a competition in the evening times and I won a pair of John Greig shin guards , they were a bit different in they days as well, two bits of plastic shoved down the front of your socks :) , I also remember a picture in the paper where some cunt through a dart in the Rangers end and it stuck in some poor cunts head.

I know I shouldn't have, but I laughed at that! Im sure it wasnt pleasant!

Remember opening the cans up for a pee --- trying to pish and avoid the jagged edges of the can was a nightmare especially as you were usually getting jostled at the time. Result was usually wet hands and pee all over the person in front of you.

Many years later I was at an NFL game and tried the same thing, got tossed out. Americans have no sense of perspective : :mad:

Talking about politically correct! Anything went in those days. 25,000 in the Rangers end at Hampden singing 'The Popes a dirty Old B**** d!"

"Dolly's Brae' as well.... !

Seem to recall late 60's , 70's we sang a lot more Orange songs.

Was brilliant standing up on the crush barriers with your pals holding you up... bawling and shouting at the Celtic end...as if they could hear you..LOL!

Comin out of Hampden with your jeans soaking up to the knees with you know what, and looking like a coalman, due to all the dust.

The cans could sometimes be dangerous with some pretty sharp metal when you were relieveing yourself ! Used to open them up with a 2 bob bit!

Took to looking around for plastic bags!

used to have an evening paper roon, delivering the times and citizen.

Fridays were torture trying to get the money out of so customers (usually sitting with the lights oot.

Saturdays were a doddle, papers were so thin you hard knew you were carrying them.

Thursday papers were murder cause of all the adverts leading up for the weekend.

ah those were the days, only stress was waiting for the train from Glasgow with the papers when it was late. as soon as the guard threw them out the door, we were away like a whippet.

Happy days.

You had to read them as soon as they were put in as the kids at the front would lean over and swap round the tims score. Not that day however.