Talksport

blooberr

1 minute ago, Gazza1212 said:

What the fuck? How can the media turn this around on us? Honestly sometimes I don't believe what I'm reading on here.

It wasn't our club who orchestrated such a concealed cover up in order to prevent widespread damage to its reputationI, if the cap fits FFS!

I don't think that is what he is saying though. There are better and more dignified things to stick on a banner that's all... 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gazza1212 said:

What the fuck? How can the media turn this around on us? Honestly sometimes I don't believe what I'm reading on here.

It wasn't our club who orchestrated such a concealed cover up in order to prevent widespread damage to its reputationI, if the cap fits FFS!

Well we have a guy here, Adrian Durham, who has had nothing but positive things to say about us recently, yet the banner gets mentioned in his article.  Now I'm sorry, but I'm loving the positive press this guy is giving us to a UK-wide audience - I just don't to give him the opportunity to introduce some of the "Scottish -style-reporting" into his articles..

What do you think hurt the mhanky mhob more - the banner or wee BMs screamer into the top corner.  I'm sorry - but I'd rather let our football do the talking

2 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

Well we have a guy here, Adrian Durham, who has had nothing but positive things to say about us recently, yet the banner gets mentioned in his article.  Now I'm sorry, but I'm loving the positive press this guy is giving us to a UK-wide audience - I just don't to give him the opportunity to introduce some of the "Scottish -style-reporting" into his articles..

What do you think hurt the mhanky mhob more - the banner or wee BMs screamer into the top corner.  I'm sorry - but I'd rather let our football do the talking

He also mentions bigotry despite not one single bigoted song being sung. Loyalist songs yeah.

Just now, K.A.I said:

He also mentions bigotry despite not one single bigoted song being sung. Loyalist songs yeah.

I reckon that was just ignorance on his part - it was his first game.  I'm sure there will be plenty of bears currently pointing out the error of his ways :-)

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That has pissed me off as well. There has been accusations the famine song was sung! FFS it's always the same and its getting beyond a joke.

Plenty of accusations but no apologies whe they are found to be unsubstantiated! 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I don't think that is what he is saying though. There are better and more dignified things to stick on a banner that's all... 

Listen we've had to endure years of consistent mudslinging for crimes much less than something so universally reviled than pedophilia, but wait don't mention it?

It might have escaped your notice but Hollywood has brought the whole subject back into the spotlight( no pun intended) recently and our greatest enemies are guilty of the exact same thing. Let me ask this, what do you think would happen if the shoe were on the other foot?

5 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

Listen we've had to endure years of consistent mudslinging for crimes much less than something so universally reviled than pedophilia, but wait don't mention it?

It might have escaped your notice but Hollywood has brought the whole subject back into the spotlight( no pun intended) recently and our greatest enemies are guilty of the exact same thing. Let me ask this, what do you think would happen if the shoe were on the other foot?

The shoe is not on the other foot though so that is a stupid fucking question. No one is denying this happened, no one is saying the banner was not factual, no one is defending that lot for covering up abuse FFS - I and others were saying that using child abuse as a GIRFUY was a bit undignified and there is much much more to stick on a banner than that.... 

The paedo banner does not show us in a good light and neither does the Jimmy Saville song. It's a serious issue that effects many people and deserves no place from our support.

We are better than that, well I know I am.

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

The shoe is not on the other foot though so that is a stupid fucking question. No one is denying this happened, no one is saying the banner was not factual, no one is defending that lot for covering up abuse FFS - I and others were saying that using child abuse as a GIRFUY was a bit undignified and there is much much more to stick on a banner than that.... 

:541:

A couple of questions to ponder.......

1)  How many tarriers do you think could read/understand a word that long?   Probably not many....so it's really only the watching TV audience that are getting the "message", and out of 100 million viewers I suspect not many of them give a shit

2) What do you think our manager would have thought when he walked out and saw that banner?   Pride?  Probably not.........

2 hours ago, blooberr said:

I know most of you know of Durham,but I'm justlistening to talksport clips on YouTube, 1St time I've heard him,FUCKIN CLASS,could we not find work for him at rangers?Centre half,kit man,teaboy or the job that Jim traynor was supposed to do,he's fucking class.

Too POSH for us you'll find.

5 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

2) What do you think our manager would have thought when he walked out and saw that banner?   Pride?  Probably not.........

MW leads from the front, we should stick our chests out straighten our backs and be proud of what he has achieved on and off the park, we are bringing dignity back to this club. Fuck making this anything about that shower. (excuse MY pun)... ANYTHING

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

MW leads from the front, we should stick our chests out straighten our backs and be proud of what he has achieved on and off the park, we are bringing dignity back to this club. Fuck making this anything about that shower. (excuse MY pun)... ANYTHING

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Don't be disappointing guys he's a journalist who realised there was a lot of mileage in winding up the tims and now he's trying to do the same thing with us ... he never was and never will be one of us :541:

Fair one!  But we always want to know the "neutrals" point of view - an unbiased opinion.  I'm liking what he's saying at the moment (and the fact that he is causing multiple timplosions is just a wee bonus!!)

6 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

Fair one!  But we always want to know the "neutrals" point of view - an unbiased opinion.  I'm liking what he's saying at the moment (and the fact that he is causing multiple timplosions is just a wee bonus!!)

Bottom line for me is you can't expect someone to come in from the outside and view the old firm rivalry the way we do ... I'm sure if we went to a Boca River Plate game for example there would be things that we would find beyond the pale but it's their game and if we visit we should remember that

34 minutes ago, Camshy said:

The paedo banner does not show us in a good light and neither does the Jimmy Saville song. It's a serious issue that effects many people and deserves no place from our support.

Hmmmmm!

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Bottom line for me is you can't expect someone to come in from the outside and view the old firm rivalry the way we do ... I'm sure if we went to a Boca River Plate game for example there would be things that we would find beyond the pale but it's their game and if we visit we should remember that

I agree 100%  But if we are going to reach out to a wider audience then would it not be much better if we became renowned for our silky attractive football rather than our rivalry/hatred of the other mob (as it currently is)?  Just a thought.....

8 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

I agree 100%  But if we are going to reach out to a wider audience then would it not be much better if we became renowned for our silky attractive football rather than our rivalry/hatred of the other mob (as it currently is)?  Just a thought.....

Perhaps if we didn't have sectarian schools that may make a difference? People observing from elsewhere have to see the big picture it's not just about football silky or otherwise 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

There's lots more to put on banners agreed but the fact is that particular message is one that makes them cringe for the simple fact it's the undeniable truth.  

We didn't start the shity propaganda war but if you're going to fight back you don't leave one hand tied behind you're back. As for the dignity bullshit don't make me fucking laugh. The other mob has adopted a gloves off approach which has left our reputation in tatters so where s the fucking dignity in staying silent? 

The loudest voices you'll hear being critical of that banner will enevitably come from the other mob. Whether you agree with it or not people are entitled to their opinions on how this Club's been treated  and there remains a natural bitterness hence the message to them on Sunday.

6 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

There's lots more to put on banners agreed but the fact is that particular message is one that makes them cringe for the simple fact it's the undeniable truth.  

We didn't start the shity propaganda war but if you're going to fight back you don't leave one hand tied behind you're back. As for the dignity bullshit don't make me fucking laugh. The other mob has adopted a gloves off approach which has left our reputation in tatters so where s the fucking dignity in staying silent? 

The loudest voices you'll hear being critical of that banner will enevitably come from the other mob. Whether you agree with it or not people are entitled to their opinions on how this Club's been treated  and there remains a natural bitterness hence the message to them on Sunday.

I largely agree with you, I'm just not comfortable playing this tit-for-tat game with the mhutants in front of a global TV audience.  By all means rip them a new one on every forum where you know they are lurking - but when the cameras are on us, I want us to look like the good guys - like we all know we undoubtedly are :-)

4 hours ago, Camshy said:

No banner and no loyalist songs wouldn't make one iota of a difference, we are hated by every cunt in this fucked up country and I for one couldn't give a shit. All this we should be better than this pish gives me the boak. I am not ashamed of my clubs past but they fuckers should be

Adrian Durhams outlook on Scottish football and Rangers in particular recently has been refreshing but I had to have a laugh at his recent article.

Claims the atmosphere was amazing, watched in front of a global audience of 100m yet brings up a William of Orange scarf and certain songs and banners and goes so far as to say more needs done to stamp this out. This doesn't make any sense. It's like having your cake and eating it.

The reason a global audience of 100m watches the game in the first place is due to the history and nature of the game. The old firm game has never been one for scintillating, entertaining football (until the weekend at least). It's a game which is blood and thunder, passion and hatred, 50/50s and fighting for every ball. Take out the religious and national identity aspect of it and you've lost the atmosphere and passion from the stands and then it's any old run of the mill game that no one is interested in. 

At the end of the day, this match is what it is and it's special for it. Let us sing what we want, let them have banners saying what they want. Funny it's always those with no connection with it who are offended.

Who is Adrian Durham to tell us something needs done about it?