Arnold Peralta

The Beast

Would be happy to donate what I can to a fund, we should try and set this up via RM instead of going thru RFFF, we could raise the funds, notify the family and the Club and have the money ready for whatever game they can make, even the SC Final may be too short notice for such a long journey

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Woooooahhhh - hold the horses - has anyone actually asked the family if they would like to come? Possibly far too painful a memory for them?

I dont see how seeing their Sons former Club and its fans paying tribute to him could be anything but a good thing for them.

14 hours ago, The Beast said:

As we all know Arnold was murdered in his native Honduras five months ago. Many of us saw Arnold's widow tweet her congratulations after we secured promotion.

As first suggested by another RM member (I can't remember who sorry), it would be a magnificent gesture if Arnold's family were brought over to Scotland for a Rangers game and given a VIP trip in memory of one of our own.

I'd like to propose that a small portion of the RFFF is used for this.

I know this is not what the fund was set up for but the gesture that the trip was paid for by ordinary fans would surely mean so much to his family. Of course if the club contributed then that would be most welcome.

I don't know what the process is to request something from the RFFF (or even if such a process exists) but maybe someone on here does and will advise how this can be achieved.

Edit: this was bombaybadboy08's idea so all credit goes to him.

Good idea, although, I thought the RFFF was earmarked to pay for the new stand & dressing rooms at Auchenhowie.  Anyone know if all the money is going to that?  I think the club should organize something.  

7 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Woooooahhhh - hold the horses - has anyone actually asked the family if they would like to come? Possibly far too painful a memory for them?

It would be prudent to have the finances in place before contacting the family.  How embarassing to contact them, they agree to come only for us not to have the budget.