Jordan Thompson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DerKlos said:

Gets better with every game he doesn't play.

He's no ready. Hardly kicked the ball against Stenny.  Honestly why people think youth is the answer without ever having seen them is beyond me

Well, Rossiter was a youth player before he came here was he not?  I doubt many people on here had seen him play before he signed with us yet there was excitement.  Young Jordan was highly rated in the Man United youth setup.  In recent years we've had Lewis McLeod and Barrie McKay come through so there's talent there that will only be discovered if we give them a chance.

Jordan Thompson

Senior career

Years Team Apps(Gls)

2015 - Rangers 2(0)

2016 - Airdrieonians (loan) 7(1)

2016 - Raith Rovers (loan) 1(0)

National team

2013 Northern Ireland U17 2(1)

2014 Northern Ireland U19 8(1)

Jordan Rossiter

Senior career*

Years Team Apps (Gls)

2014 - 2016 Liverpool 1(0)

2016 - Rangers 3(0)

National team

2012 - 2013 England U16 3(1)

2013 - 2014 England U17 2(1)

2014 - England U18 1(0)

2015 - England U19 5(0)

Thompson is on 10 senior appearances with 10 international appearances at varying levels.

Rossiter is on 4 senior appearances with 11 international appearances at varying levels.

Rossiter has shown glimpses of what he could become as he grows physically and metally, he has something about himself and could be a real coup for us signing him this summer. I like many others have high hopes of Thompson and I'm sure the coaching staff do too but they must not think he's ready yet, otherwise I'm sure he'd be contending for a spot instead of being out on loan.

On 27 August 2016 at 10:11 PM, DerKlos said:

Gets better with every game he doesn't play.

He's no ready. Hardly kicked the ball against Stenny.  Honestly why people think youth is the answer without ever having seen them is beyond me

Think the problem is we never get to see them.We loaned Zelalem and Oduwa last season and no one had seen them.Frankly would rather have given a couple of our youngsters a chance as well.If not where is the promised path to the first team for everyone if they work hard enough.Especially when we didn't even fill our bench on occassions.

I know most of our youth players won't  make the grade but none of them will if they don't get the same opportunities afforded to last seasons loanees.

Guest Lloyd72
3 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Think the problem is we never get to see them.We loaned Zelalem and Oduwa last season and no one had seen them.Frankly would rather have given a couple of our youngsters a chance as well.If not where is the promised path to the first team for everyone if they work hard enough.Especially when we didn't even fill our bench on occassions.

I know most of our youth players won't  make the grade but none of them will if they don't get the same opportunities afforded to last seasons loanees.

I think Warburton answered this in one of the columns he does in the programme, I can't remember the exact words but the point he was trying to make was It's an honour to even sit on the bench for Rangers and they need to prove themselves to be worthy of that and he wasn't not filling a bench because he was making a statement to the board, he just didn't think there was anyone in our youth squad worthy of being on the bench for us.

5 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think Warburton answered this in one of the columns he does in the programme, I can't remember the exact words but the point he was trying to make was It's an honour to even sit on the bench for Rangers and they need to prove themselves to be worthy of that and he wasn't not filling a bench because he was making a statement to the board, he just didn't think there was anyone in our youth squad worthy of being on the bench for us.

Yes I saw that mate.Just find it hard to believe that's all.There must be a least a couple of players in our entire youth system that show potential and are grafting away.To be involved with the match day squad could not only help their development but act as a carrot for others to prove the route is open to the first team for them.