Warburton is a fraud and the signs have been there since the first Hibs game

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

OP completely lost the plot.

Sure we're all angry with the way things have gone this season, but Warburton is limited with the players he has available through king's short arms deep pockets nae money style.

Give it time, we may have to write this season off but he's been better than Ally was.

The players he's got = second best in the league (on paper)

Kings shite investment = by far and a way the second biggest budget in the league and second most money spent 

Bottom line we shouldn't be 7th

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

The players he's got = second best in the league (on paper)

Kings shite investment = by far and a way the second biggest budget in the league and second most money spent 

Bottom line we shouldn't be 7th

Games aren't won on paper.

seven shillings and six pence ha'penny isn't much of an investment.

The way the team has performed 7th is currently what they deserve.

8 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

I don't think he's a fraud but the op does. Clearly he means he came in with the intent of promise and improvement and hasn't delivered and has been exposed. An example, if I lied about being a medium and got one thing correct then proceed to never get anything correct ever again I would be a fraud.

As I said, when did he lie? MW has his faults but he is an honest hard working man.  Calling him a fraud is innacurate and attention seeking.

I'm sure the OP will explain. He's had over a year to think out this car crash of a topic title. 

Bit of perspective needed here, clearly the premiership is a jump up in quality from the championship and we shouldn't be expecting to win in our first season.  2nd would be lovely but top 4 is what we should be realistically aiming for, top 2 next year and winning the following season. 

22 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Fraud: wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

How is MW a fraud by that definition OP? Has he came to Rangers to do a Craig Whyte?  

By the way do you post such alarmist attention seenng topic titles on FF? Surprised they haven't banned you if you do. 

Why can't you make your points, none of which are original without slandering an innocent man?

Oh, and we beat Hibs 6-2 away from home, what alarm bells did that ring Stubbsy? 

Err, calm down dear, taking things too literally is a sign of autism.

He's someone who is trying to talk the talk of being an insightful and intelligent football manager, claiming we "won the possession", trying to obscure the fact that we are continually dropping points due to his shite tactics and shite signings. I guess in that respect, if you want to be so literal, he is fraudulently masquerading as a top drawer manager when in actual fact he's clueless and shouldn't be managing our club as the job is clearly too big. 

We all thought last season that Eustace would be the answer, then he fell through and we gave Warburton the benefit of the doubt for the remainder of the season "we just need a decent defensive midfielder and everything will be ok" we thought. Now we have Rossiter and Barton, we're still shite and shipping school park goals. I actually thought we'd turned a corner yesterday, as without Kiernan, we looked infinitely better. Then we went and lost that absolute joke first goal again through diddy defending. Basic, basic stuff, and it happens every single match with no improvement. 

Alarms bells ran against Hibs as it was end to end stuff. We could have lost more goals than we did, and the goals we did lose were due to disastrous defending. Same as almost every single fucking match we play. If Warburton hasn't fixed it in a year and a half, then I genuinely don't know how people think he's suddenly going to start doing differently to fix it.

Lets give the guy some time. 

He might create something special. 

Remember Alex Ferguson was one game away form the sack and look how that turned out... 

He needs a strong January transfer window as he's underestimated the league, many other managers have also done so in the past. 

let's see how the team plays with rossiter and Windass in midfield as they may be the driving force we need. 

3 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Games aren't won on paper.

seven shillings and six pence ha'penny isn't much of an investment.

The way the team has performed 7th is currently what they deserve.

1 - I'm aware but in terms of players they're better than everyone else except for Celtic 

2 - It's literally more than double anyone else except for Celtic 

3 - Exactly and it falls at the feet of Warburton 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

As I said, when did he lie? MW has his faults but he is an honest hard working man.  Calling him a fraud is innacurate and attention seeking.

I'm sure the OP will explain. He's had over a year to think out this car crash of a topic title. 

This is very embarrassing hahaha. Is he your dad or something? MW has spoken about playing fast attractive football etc, when you look at what we're doing now it's a lie.

12 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Had anyone said Walter to steady the ship yet.

I'd take your arm off for Walter to come in again. Say what you want about him, but he's a winner who will have us defending resolutely and challenging for the league. Even when he had lost a league, has it ever been before the last day (PLG season aside obviously)? I don't think so. I'd happily take five years of doing nothing in Europe under him to be winning the title every season.

5 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

1 - I'm aware but in terms of players they're better than everyone else except for Celtic 

2 - It's literally more than double anyone else except for Celtic 

3 - Exactly and it falls at the feet of Warburton 

Point 1 Apparently they're not, or else we would be in a better position.

Point 2 Has king actually been shown to have put in a single penny of his own "fortune"?

Point 3 I'd say it's 50/50 between him and the players. They are not performing.

3 minutes ago, Amoruso1 said:

Bit of perspective needed here, clearly the premiership is a jump up in quality from the championship and we shouldn't be expecting to win in our first season.  2nd would be lovely but top 4 is what we should be realistically aiming for, top 2 next year and winning the following season. 

No way will anybody settle for that scenario in the support or the club.this season we should have been pushing them all the way or at least as far as possible not the league being done before September is even out and hoping for second or just too finish in the top half.

Just now, big blue Fin said:

Point 1 Apparently they're not, or else we would be in a better position.

Point 2 Has king actually been shown to have put in a single penny of his own "fortune"?

Point 3 I'd say it's 50/50 between him and the players. They are not performing.

1 - Doesn't help when they play in the most predictable system in football

2 - It doesn't matter that King hasn't spent 30 million or whatever it was he's given Warburton more than enough to finish at least second, we've shown no signs of that

3 - Point 1 

43 minutes ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

Err, calm down dear, taking things too literally is a sign of autism.

He's someone who is trying to talk the talk of being an insightful and intelligent football manager, claiming we "won the possession", trying to obscure the fact that we are continually dropping points due to his shite tactics and shite signings. I guess in that respect, if you want to be so literal, he is fraudulently masquerading as a top drawer manager when in actual fact he's clueless and shouldn't be managing our club as the job is clearly too big. 

We all thought last season that Eustace would be the answer, then he fell through and we gave Warburton the benefit of the doubt for the remainder of the season "we just need a decent defensive midfielder and everything will be ok" we thought. Now we have Rossiter and Barton, we're still shite and shipping school park goals. I actually thought we'd turned a corner yesterday, as without Kiernan, we looked infinitely better. Then we went and lost that absolute joke first goal again through diddy defending. Basic, basic stuff, and it happens every single match with no improvement. 

Alarms bells ran against Hibs as it was end to end stuff. We could have lost more goals than we did, and the goals we did lose were due to disastrous defending. Same as almost every single fucking match we play. If Warburton hasn't fixed it in a year and a half, then I genuinely don't know how people think he's suddenly going to start doing differently to fix it.

Autistic? Think before you post unfounded alarmist topic titles you attention seeker.

Aye, MW he is a fraud. Doesn't have coaching badges. Told us we'd win title number 55 on the first attempt. Doesn't even know the shape of a football!

BTW since when have we counted a 6-2 home win as a defeat? Ducking fruit loop!

Edit the "fraud" part and I might take you seriously. You obviously didn't rate the guy from the start. Couldn't wait to put the boot in. Well done you. 

If you are so sure that MW is a fraud why not start a poll on it? I'd be interested to see how many people on here agree with your opinion. Or couldn't you handle the slating you'd get? 

5 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

1 - Doesn't help when they play in the most predictable system in football

2 - It doesn't matter that King hasn't spent 30 million or whatever it was he's given Warburton more than enough to finish at least second, we've shown no signs of that

3 - Point 1 

We're not likely to agree on this.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

No way will anybody settle for that scenario in the support or the club.this season we should have been pushing them all the way or at least as far as possible not the league being done before September is even out and hoping for second or just too finish in the top half.

celtic are just a bit ahead of us in terms of quality and finances at the minute, but we are in the top league now and need to keep improving.  they will inevitably end up selling their best players and Rodgers will probably get an EPL gig meaning they'll not maintain their advantage forever.  At some point, we will need an injection of finances but Warburton still deserves time to show us how he can get out of this hole this season. 

7 minutes ago, jim beam said:

I agree

9 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

This is very embarrassing hahaha. Is he your dad or something? MW has spoken about playing fast attractive football etc, when you look at what we're doing now it's a lie.

So if you intend to do something and it doesn't work out you are a liar/fraud?

Wow!

He's not a fraud but some of our fans are fantasists. 

My wee brother for instance keeps saying "you'll eat ur words when we pump the tims and win the league"

Firstly I'd be overjoyed if I were proven wrong.

Secondly, while I understand and in a way respect his optimism, his optimism is based on nothing, just a fantasy that he and other fans would love to see played out but in reality we have seen nothing to suggest that that is likely to happen. 

Just look at the facts, we've won the Scottish championship, and the Ramsdens cup, and beat the tims - in a penalty shoot out.

We've also lost the cup to hibs and taken one of the worst beatings from the tims in living memory, and shown no signs of improving since then. So what are yous basing this on? Yes I too get this warm fuzzy feeling sometimes and think "were Rangers of course we'll fucking do it!" But that's because I'm a Rangers fan who is used to see us winning. We've won something like 5 out of the last 16 games or something like that, stop burying your heads in the sand hoping it will be ok because it will give me no joy when I can say "told you so" come July.

12 minutes ago, Amoruso1 said:

celtic are just a bit ahead of us in terms of quality and finances at the minute, but we are in the top league now and need to keep improving.  they will inevitably end up selling their best players and Rodgers will probably get an EPL gig meaning they'll not maintain their advantage forever.  At some point, we will need an injection of finances but Warburton still deserves time to show us how he can get out of this hole this season. 

So we're stuck hoping the tims slip up? We have a board that's capable of putting in just as much cash as the tims they just choose not to

13 hours ago, Gary Wilmot's Wedding Brek said:

The warning signs have all been there: Warburton not spending more than 5 minutes on the opposition, everyone at the club saying it's all about us, no plan B, do plan A better even though it's clear we'll get hammered by decent opposition that can defend and finish, Weir saying Warburton is more attacking than he'd like to be, the Brentford defender saying he was always left exposed. Kiernan being shite yet still playing. Celtic could have had 5 off us in the semifinal, but that was airbrushed from history after our win, they had like 22 shots or something! 

I posted the above in July (although posted similar a year ago on FF) and was roundly hounded as a Celtic fan. Here we are in September and his inability to get our team to defend, and his stubbornness not to mix up tactics, means he's an absolute fraud. It was fine gubbing part timers in the championship, but now we're playing professional opposition, Warburton hasn't got the answers, and I genuinely don't see how he's going to change. We've won 3 league games since the end of March. V Dumbarton, Dundee & Motherwell. All by a single goal.

Rossiter and Windass aside, the signings this summer have been abysmal. No-one can say it's because the board haven't backed him, he's spent more than anyone in the league outside Celtic yet we're seventh. 

Time for him to go, and I'd offer Aberdeen a blank cheque for McInnes.

Shite.gif