2 arrests at sheep game

Two people have been charged for alleged offences in connection with the football match between Aberdeen and Rangers on Sunday.

Police Scotland said a 25-year-old man from Aberdeen had been charged over possession of a pyrotechnic.

And a 22-year-old man from Glasgow was charged over offensive behaviour in the stadium.

The vandalism of the Rangers team bus, outside an Aberdeen hotel, is still being investigated.

Graffiti referencing the Ibrox disaster and former player Ian Durrant was scratched into the paintwork of the coach in the early hours of Sunday.

'Inexcusable behaviour'

Ch Supt Campbell Thomson said: "As anticipated, the vast majority of fans who attended Pittodrie on Sunday acted in a safe and responsible manner which assisted officers in ensuring the safety of those in attendance and the wider public.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their support.

"In saying this, and despite repeated warnings from Police Scotland in the lead-up to match, I am extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans chose to conduct themselves in an anti-social and completely unacceptable way.

"I understand that feelings run high at these events, however such behaviour is inexcusable."

He added: "For those who have committed offences and were not detected at the time, I can assure you that you will face the consequences of your actions.

"Retrospective inquiries are being carried out and we have a dedicated team working in partnership with both clubs to identify those people in the stadium and outwith who let not only themselves down but their clubs too."

In the game itself at Pittodrie, Aberdeen won 2-1 thanks to a late free-kick scored by James Maddison.

Mmmm , 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

The corrupt media came up with a gem to try and blacken the Rangers support taken by a sheep phone. The travelling Rangers fans need to wisen up, the media are going out of their way on this.

Seat looked like it came from directly behind the guy that got hit. Ie from the rear of the sheep stand.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

:lol: Cracker.

Funny how it's Rangers fans whenever we do anything,yet when a 10 year old is bottled it's men wearing green.

55 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Andy Walker was going about "disgraceful scenes in the stands below us" - however camera never panned in the incident in the first half. What was going on?

3 main incidents I noticed where the 12th minute clapping carry on , stuff started getting tossed between both supports and a group of Aberdeen fans more or less charged their side of the fence resulting in a section of the Rangers end doing so aswell  . Their first goal , had masses of them more or less trying to climb the fence whereas the police and stewards all seemed to rush into the rangers end and push rangers fans back . Again this happened at the free kick , again police moved towards the rangers end and some bears near me who were taking nothing to do with it all near enough ended up on their arse as the police pushed bears back from the stairs . At that points seats started getting flung back and forth with coins and coffee/juice being chucked about from both ends . At half time aswell there was a huge part of our end in the open concourse cordened off whereas the sheepshaggers were gathered around their fence like a baying bunch of rabid dogs , lobbing coins coffee and whatever else

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

3 main incidents I noticed where the 12th minute clapping carry on , stuff started getting tossed between both supports and Aberdeen fans more or less charged their side of the fence resulting in a section of the Rangers end doing so aswell  . Their first goal , had masses of them more or less trying to climb the fence whereas the police and stewards all seemed to rush into the rangers end and push rangers fans back . Again this happened at the free kick , again police moved towards the rangers end and some bears near me who were taking nothing to do with it all near enough ended up on their arse as the police pushed bears back from the stairs . At that points seats started getting flung back and forth with coins and coffee/juice being chucked about from both ends . At half time aswell there was a huge part of our end in the open concourse cordened off whereas the sheepshaggers were gathered around their fence like a baying bunch of rabid dogs , lobbing coins coffee and whatever else

Aye but what about your naughty songs. You sang naughty songs. It's all about the soooooonnnnnggggssssss.