Harry Forrester's Goal Yesterday (GIF)

RFCRobertson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Me. I always leave a few minutes early, makes a difference of 40 minutes if I get caught in the traffic behind the buses. I always turn up but I'll leave when I want to.

Get him telt! Your a woman and your entitled to leave when you like as the next man you go girl

1 hour ago, Copland bear said:

The guy looks by far the best summer signing to me, he looks a player and he deserves a good extended run in the team.

You must see something I don't! Hope he can get a run and let's see what he's about though

11 hours ago, gsa said:

Awful performance from him yesterday. As bad as I've seen from a Rangers centre midfielder since Black and Law were playing there. 

Too busy trying to direct traffic and argue with everyone. Rarely made a forward pass because he was so slow to collect the ball and turn that everything was closed off and he had to go backwards. 

Needs to focus on his own game. He's barely good enough to be a Rangers player, he can't afford to be distracted.

Thought Halliday made a couple of slip ups yesterday but he wasn't the only one.Tavs passing on a couple of occasions was below his best and as far as AH not passing the ball forward our whole left side Wallace and Miller hardly pass the ball forward but for some strange reason this goes unnoticed by some. As far as arguing goes well thank fuck someone has a set to say what needs to be said cause our captain sure as hell doesn't. To much calm down from Wallace and not enough leadership and aggression two qualities that any Rangers captain has to have.

4 hours ago, sammy cox said:

Thought Halliday made a couple of slip ups yesterday but he wasn't the only one.Tavs passing on a couple of occasions was below his best and as far as AH not passing the ball forward our whole left side Wallace and Miller hardly pass the ball forward but for some strange reason this goes unnoticed by some. As far as arguing goes well thank fuck someone has a set to say what needs to be said cause our captain sure as hell doesn't. To much calm down from Wallace and not enough leadership and aggression two qualities that any Rangers captain has to have.

I'm not picking on him. In the system we play the deep lying midfielder is one of, if not the, most important player in the team. Halliday is not powerful enough physically and doesn't quite have the quality to play that position. 

Decent player and good to have in the squad but he's just not good enough to be the main man at CM. 

46 minutes ago, gsa said:

I'm not picking on him. In the system we play the deep lying midfielder is one of, if not the, most important player in the team. Halliday is not powerful enough physically and doesn't quite have the quality to okay that position. 

Decent player and good to have in the squad but he's just not good enough to be the main man at CM. 

For someone who is not picking on him why even bring him up in a topic about HF and to then say that his performance was awful, as bad as you have seen from a Rangers midfielder since Law and Black, to say he was to busy directing traffic and arguing,and that he rarely made a forward pass but you claim you are not picking on him.Well whatever. Its all about opinions. If you want to criticise then do it fairly and don't just single out the usual scapegoat with some on here.

11 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

For someone who is not picking on him why even bring him up in a topic about HF and to then say that his performance was awful, as bad as you have seen from a Rangers midfielder since Law and Black, to say he was to busy directing traffic and arguing,and that he rarely made a forward pass but you claim you are not picking on him.Well whatever. Its all about opinions. If you want to criticise then do it fairly and don't just single out the usual scapegoat with some on here.

Just now, gsa said:

Oh god. Are you one of these "he's one of us" so can do no wrong? I actually like Halliday and haven't really criticised him before because frankly, I don't think he's really deserved it up until now. He's been a somewhat limited but useful player. 

On Saturday, he was utterly shocking. By far our worst player. That's not picking on him, that's being realistic. He spent too much time arguing with the ref and trying to direct his teammates. Good enough squad player and can fill a couple of positions. Nowhere near good enough to be our deep lying centre midfielder on a consistent basis. He is physically weak. 

Bit more core work and a bit less badge kissing might serve him well...

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Oh god. Are you one of these "he's one of us" so can do no wrong? I actually like Halliday and haven't really criticised him before because frankly, I don't think he's really deserved it up until now. He's been a somewhat limited but useful player. 

On Saturday, he was utterly shocking. By far our worst player. That's not picking on him, that's being realistic. He spent too much time arguing with the ref and trying to direct his teammates. Good enough squad player and can fill a couple of positions. Nowhere near good enough to be our deep lying centre midfielder on a consistent basis. He is physically weak. 

Bit more core work and a bit less badge kissing might serve him well...

No I am not one of those " hes one of us " " so can do no wrong "  but I will tell you we could do with a few more being like us as you put it, or is that such a crime on here for guys who are one of us playing for the team he supports.You commented on  him in a subject which had nothing to do with him,you pointed out five or six failings with him,you then try and say you were not picking on him so what are you " one of those" who wants to blame Halliday for everything because he supports and plays for us. He has been no better than the rest but certainly no worse but you bring him up as if he was the only player on Saturday who was awfull as you put it.As I say if you want to have a go at anyone that's up to you,this place is all about opinions but have a go at everyone who has been off form not just one guy who seems to be the scapegoat of so many, what all because " hes one of us " pathetic that a guy should have that brought up as if it was some kind of fault.

17 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Last 2 games he's been anonymous.hes contributed nothing I'd like nothing more than for him to do well but the unfortunately he's been poor.

2 games and you're calling him shite?  He was one of our best players at the start of the season for a number of weeks. 

7 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

No I am not one of those " hes one of us " " so can do no wrong "  but I will tell you we could do with a few more being like us as you put it, or is that such a crime on here for guys who are one of us playing for the team he supports.You commented on  him in a subject which had nothing to do with him,you pointed out five or six failings with him,you then try and say you were not picking on him so what are you " one of those" who wants to blame Halliday for everything because he supports and plays for us. He has been no better than the rest but certainly no worse but you bring him up as if he was the only player on Saturday who was awfull as you put it.As I say if you want to have a go at anyone that's up to you,this place is all about opinions but have a go at everyone who has been off form not just one guy who seems to be the scapegoat of so many, what all because " hes one of us " pathetic that a guy should have that brought up as if it was some kind of fault.

You're responding to arguments that I haven't made. 

I'd love 11 of "us" in the team, IF they were good enough. 

I've criticised countless other players this season. He deserves the criticism he is currently getting because he's been nowhere near good enough. Added to sub par performances was sub par behaviour on Saturday.

I don't dislike him mate. And yes, I agree. Being a Rangers man means something. It's great he's in the squad. He is just not good enough to be a mainstay of the team, unfortunately.

We can agree to disagree on his ability but don't pick me up wrong on his being a fan. It shouldn't mean he gets a harder time but by the same token, it shouldn't mean than sliding about on his knees or kissing the badge makes up for awful performances. 

As I say its all about opinions and you are entitled to yours. As far as AH not being good enough to be a mainstay of the team out of curiosity who in this current squad is.As I have said he is no better and certainly no worse so iam wondering who you think is good enough.

As I say its all about opinions and you are entitled to yours. As far as AH not being good enough to be a mainstay of the team out of curiosity who in this current squad is.As I have said he is no better and certainly no worse so iam wondering who you think is good enough.

He's not as good a midfielder as Rossiter, Forrester, niko or holt.