What a learning experience Ally has had.

What sort of figure do you have in mind?

Not an absolutely huge amount (i sense being ridiculed if i say something like £2m is not a huge amount-obviously it is, but not in footballing terms.)

If we can pick up a few free agents on low-ish wages (look at what we found in Aluko) and maybe try and get a few of the better SPL players (Maybe Templeton, Mckay-Steven or the like) then i think we would be in good shape for next year.

A striker or two is a must however. Maybe we should even look at the loan market to bring a few players in.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday when St Mirren were down to 10 men every time they had a corner we had every man inside our box defending.When you do that there is no getout and you are under pressure as soon as the ball is cleared,at home against 10 men that is a joke.Also the last half hour yesterday was as boring as i've ever seen as the tactic seemed to be job done do no more.I don't like McCoist's tactics and i don't think he should be Rangers manager.As a man and a Rangers legend they don't come much bigger but as a manager i'm sorry but not for me.

Sadly i agree with these words. as much as it pains me, the facts are that on the park we have been found wanting. I am prepared to give him another season given the circumstances of this season, but we shouldnt simply gloss over the footballing evidence of this season.

My views Ally has been a complete incompetent when it comes to team selection and tactics, e.g. Malmo, NK Maribor, Falkirk, playing two left backs, Bartley as a striker, McCulloch & Edu in midfield, Davis on the right, Aluko & Wylde on the wrong wings etc. etc.

But since we went into admin he has behaved the way a Rangers manager should, a class act. Compare him with the ned from the east end. Will he learn form his mistakes ? I hope so.

He should get another season imo.

For everyone saying he is tactically shit, he has recently tried a new formation (3 at the back). Afaik he is one of the only managers in scotland with the balls to play this way. And it is working fwiw.

Another thing, he has had the measure of celtic all season which IMO is a huge thing and shows he is not as inept as some believe.

For everyone saying he is tactically shit, he has recently tried a new formation (3 at the back). Afaik he is one of the only managers in scotland with the balls to play this way. And it is working fwiw.

Another thing, he has had the measure of celtic all season which IMO is a huge thing and shows he is not as inept as some believe.

Very good point mate.

Started off with 3 at the back yesterday and it was a shambles which he soon had to change.

Started off with 3 at the back yesterday and it was a shambles which he soon had to change.

I missed the first 30 mins of the game, it has worked most weeks IMO. I did not notice the change to 4 at the back tbh. And the fact that he seen it was not working and changed it.... And we won, surley gives him even more credit?

Whenever he have played 3-5-2 we have been terrible, I wish mccoist would stop trying that shite formation. We know what works for us at rangers, stick with it

Have we not won pretty much every time we have played that formation?

3 at the back?, squeezing papac in as an extra CD or moving him into CM,

I'm too binned the now to look up stats with our starting line up and end line up but whenever we've set out like the 'old celtic formation' of 3-5-2 we've normally played like shit and had to change the formation pretty quickly (see the last old firm). I think if you asked most people on here they would say our best formation is they would say its 4-2-3-1 or some variation thereof.

He's made mistakes like every manager does.

Most recently, his tactics that are so often brought into question enabled half a Rangers team to outplay "the champions" of this league.

Over time he seems to be relaxing into the role as manager. Using a 3-5-2 formation against celtic was bold, a move I never thought I would see and when turned sour he had the balls to change it.

I believe he is good enough to be our manager, for next season at least.

I missed the first 30 mins of the game, it has worked most weeks IMO. I did not notice the change to 4 at the back tbh. And the fact that he seen it was not working and changed it.... And we won, surley gives him even more credit?

That 3 at the back formation has never worked under Ally. Sadly, there are just too many tactical mistakes. Managing Rangers is not the place to experiment or cut your management teeth.

i have changed my view on ally especially aftrer watching man city today all that money

I honestly believe we could beat them with what we have they have no heart or fight

and their non existent fans unbelievable non sound at the emirates in a game going for a league title .

We are in the worst period and lucky that we have a club legend as our manager

The legends game on its own showed the respect our manager has in football

and no surprise he was on the pitch for miniutes and scored the winner.

We were excellent first half of the season naismith was our scorer and best player

you cannot dismiss how much a loss it proved and then the off going issues - club survival

in truth if you win a league title from that even the late bill struth would be happy.

I,m glad we have ALLY as a fan and a player and our manager

He deserves all the luck and everything that he deserves coming to him

Even with Celtic obtaining an Spl title played at Ibrox lost twice

and at their effort of a ground lee wallace scored yet they won due to the establishment being on holiday ?

During what has been a truly horrendous time, Ally has been immense. Dignified in the face of a hostile and unsympathic press and cheerful in the face of adversity.

Yes, there are doubts about his tactical awareness and his general managerial ability, but I suspect that many faced with the same trials would be in the same position.

He undoubtedly deserves another year.

That 3 at the back formation has never worked under Ally. Sadly, there are just too many tactical mistakes. Managing Rangers is not the place to experiment or cut your management teeth.

Yes it did, try the last old firm mate!

"Hi Ally, thanks for staying with us throughout all of this, you truly are what Rangers is about. However, even though you were here during one of the hardest seasons ever as a Ranger, you didn't win the league and made some mistakes. Yes, you gave had the measure of Celtic so far but it doesnt matter. Yes there were some glimpses of how you can get this team to play but no, sorry, we are too impatient to see how you have improved for next season. Sorry Ally but can you clean out your desk please."

Absolutely ludicrous imo that anyone wants Ally gone. He WILL have learnt a hell of a lot from this season, and he WILL win us the league the next one.

Afford the man some patience. If he was that dire a manager we would not be sitting second.

If people think that second is still not good enough after everything this season, then maybe they need to stop and think again. Walter Smith managing to achieve 3IAR is nothing short of miraculous.

And also, where did Walter cut his management teeth? Look how well that worked out for us.

He was never going to come in and be an amazing success in his first season IMO. Yes, had we not had the financial problems that we have, I would of expected him to win the league - but that's not realistic in our position.

He's has dealt with this turmoil with the utmost dignity and class and with a natural goal scorer I think he has the potential to win our trophy back next season.

So yes, I believe he deserves at least next season to prove himself as a Rangers manager.

Almost stuffed it up against 9 tainted champions, 2 wonder saves by Greegs preserve the 2 goal margin against 10 man St Midden, despite winning 3 penalties.

Glad we're back to winning ways, frankly it's pretty shambolic stuff.