The Poundland Scottish Cup Final

Neither FIFA nor UEFA tried to stick the boot into us the way the SFA did.

Forgive and forget, why don't you. Yeah right, the big, fat penpusher is still around.

FIFA and UEFA are deeply suspect organisations that live off the back of every single football fan that supports his or her country in a country that's a member. They stick the boot into us as a matter of unseen routine, sometimes probably more than that.

Where he's got a point is that, although it's entirely your choice which organisation's competitions you watch, you are still choosing to watch competitions where the people running it are fucking you over.

It's selective support of shite organisations. Which is your choice, but if you're (and I use you in the general sense) going to get involved in the competitions of two shite organisations that screw us over (by separating the criticism of the organisation from the merits of the competition they run), then what difference a third?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIFA and UEFA are deeply suspect organisations that live off the back of every single football fan that supports his or her country in a country that's a member. They stick the boot into us as a matter of unseen routine, sometimes probably more than that.

Where he's got a point is that, although it's entirely your choice which organisation's competitions you watch, you are still choosing to watch competitions where the people running it are fucking you over.

It's selective support of shite organisations. Which is your choice, but if you're (and I use you in the general sense) going to get involved in the competitions of two shite organisations that screw us over (by separating the criticism of the organisation from the merits of the competition they run), then what difference a third?

FIFA and UEFA screw everybody - no argument there. However, they did not directly stick the boot in as the SFA did.

Of course it is selective support of shite organizations, how else can we survive at the moment. That does not mean that the Rangers support should absorb the guilt trip he is attempting to lay on them when they are no longer directly involved in a competition which is the responsibility of the SFA.

Why would anyone wish to perpetuate the ability of this leadership of the SFA to maintain their scurrilous actions against Scottish football in general, and Rangers and their fans in particular by supporting them at the gate?

That is the counter-point; never forgive, never forget.

p.s. have to go and mow the lawn right now, will pick you up later.

FIFA and UEFA screw everybody - no argument there. However, they did not directly stick the boot in as the SFA did.

Of course it is selective support of shite organizations, how else can we survive at the moment. That does not mean that the Rangers support should absorb the guilt trip he is attempting to lay on them when they are no longer directly involved in a competition which is the responsibility of the SFA.

Why would anyone wish to perpetuate the ability of this leadership of the SFA to maintain their scurrilous actions against Scottish football in general, and Rangers and their fans in particular by supporting them at the gate?

That is the counter-point; never forgive, never forget.

p.s. have to go and mow the lawn right now, will pick you up later.

I don't disagree with most of that, I just personally don't feel any need to link the competition to the organisation, same as with the other ones, so I'm going to enjoy watching the final. Unless it's shite, of course. I'm going to try to enjoy it, I suppose. I definitely don't intend to forget the way the SFA acted, though.

The only other thing I'd say is that I'm not too fussed about whether it's direct or indirect sticking in with the boot. For me, FIFA are the far more worrying and sinister organisation, although that's probably got as much to do with their scale and power in the grand scheme of things as anything else.

With FIFA as with the SFA, I don't want to give them my money, but at the end of the day my desire to watch the football wins through. However, I'll happily join any protest against the SFA, and indeed I have done.

I don't disagree with most of that, I just personally don't feel any need to link the competition to the organisation, same as with the other ones, so I'm going to enjoy watching the final. Unless it's shite, of course. I'm going to try to enjoy it, I suppose. I definitely don't intend to forget the way the SFA acted, though.

The only other thing I'd say is that I'm not too fussed about whether it's direct or indirect sticking in with the boot. For me, FIFA are the far more worrying and sinister organisation, although that's probably got as much to do with their scale and power in the grand scheme of things as anything else.

With FIFA as with the SFA, I don't want to give them my money, but at the end of the day my desire to watch the football wins through. However, I'll happily join any protest against the SFA, and indeed I have done.

I know what you mean here. However, since Regan, Liewell and Petrie etc. deign to ignore any input from us or support for us, then the only option open to us is to reduce our financial support for their organization. We know that will eventually work because we can see from the fiasco that is the SPFL just how much they need the blue pound.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the SFA and hence Scottish football as long as the present leadership cabal are in place. They have chosen to reduce Rangers' ability to increase its own blue pound, let them rely on the green pound and the many supporters of clubs who threatened to boycott them if they did not stick the boot to us.

There is an inevitability about poverty, and we surely must not reward mediocrity.

I know what you mean here. However, since Regan, Liewell and Petrie etc. deign to ignore any input from us or support for us, then the only option open to us is to reduce our financial support for their organization. We know that will eventually work because we can see from the fiasco that is the SPFL just how much they need the blue pound.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the SFA and hence Scottish football as long as the present leadership cabal are in place. They have chosen to reduce Rangers' ability to increase its own blue pound, let them rely on the green pound and the many supporters of clubs who threatened to boycott them if they did not stick the boot to us.

There is an inevitability about poverty, and we surely must not reward mediocrity.

That's a different issue. It doesn't really have anything to do with the sneering attitude some people are showing towards the cup final.

My point really is, if you like football why not just enjoy the football? Do we need to make every single issue an us v them fight?

That's a different issue. It doesn't really have anything to do with the sneering attitude some people are showing towards the cup final.

My point really is, if you like football why not just enjoy the football? Do we need to make every single issue an us v them fight?

You are either trolling or you really just do not get it.

Who says we don't enjoy football?

Doesn't sound like many people on this thread enjoy football.

We've got a cup final between two teams who never win anything. Football people love stuff like that. Yet many on here want to sneer at it and at efforts to get people along to the stadium. I just don't understand the mindset.

What have the SFA suits got to do with enjoying a great occasion? It's really sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Stadium needs to be full or as near as. The English Cup Final would be full for Scunthorpe United against Gillingham. Both ICT and Falkirk should be able to sell 15-20000 tickets easily.

They probably would......

If they were playing us!!

Not each other tho...

Its all about The Rangers

Doesn't sound like many people on this thread enjoy football.

We've got a cup final between two teams who never win anything. Football people love stuff like that. Yet many on here want to sneer at it and at efforts to get people along to the stadium. I just don't understand the mindset.

What have the SFA suits got to do with enjoying a great occasion? It's really sad.

If really want to go watch them you better hurry up and get your ticket.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/576558/Falkirk-in-ticket-frenzy-for-Scottish-Cup-Final

Falkirk in ticket frenzy for Scottish Cup Final FALKIRK supporters snapped up 10,000 Scottish Cup Final tickets in just a few hours yesterday.
PUBLISHED: PUBLISHED: 22:30, Mon, May 11, 2015

Falkirk-576558.jpg

GETTY

Falkirk supporters snapped up 10,000 Scottish Cup Final tickets in just a few hours

A further 2,000 will be on sale today after the Bairns sold out their initial allocation for the May 30 showdown against Inverness at Hampden.

Manager Peter Houston, left, has been blown away by the response and vowed not to let the fans down in.

He said: “It’s absolutely fantastic. It’s magnificent we’ve already sold 10,000 tickets.

“If we sell the additional 2,000 then there is the opportunity to get even more tickets.

“There were queues outside the Falkirk Stadium when I arrived at 8am.

“It’s been a great response from the fans and the town.

“That puts an expectation level on myself and the players, but we’ll try not to let this big support down. It’s great for the team to have that backing.

“Some people within the club think we can sell 20,000 but I’m not sure – 15,000 would exceed my expectations.

“Falkirk took around 20,000 to the final in 1997, so there’s no reason why we can’t aim for that again.”

And any other Saturday 80% of that 10,000 would do anything other than watch Falkirk. Got to laugh at all these small town glory hunters.

Did you laugh at us when 150,000 or 200,000 went to Manchester? Possibly 80% of whom wouldn't be watching us on a Saturday. Or are big town glory hunters ok? It's their first final in ages - let them have their day.

Did you laugh at us when 150,000 or 200,000 went to Manchester? Possibly 80% of whom wouldn't be watching us on a Saturday. Or are big town glory hunters ok? It's their first final in ages - let them have their day.

The difference was that we could have filled that stadium with genuine supporters, but I know a lot of hangers-on were in Manchester purely because it was so accessible.

When these wee clubs get to a final they demand a number of tickets many times their average gate, and if they happen to be playing us( or them) our allocation is so low to accomadate their demands that thousands of our season ticket holders who pour money into the game every week have to go without, so Paw, Maw and the weans who normally spend Saturday afternoon in Tesco can go,to Hampden with stupid hats and face paint.

Fortunately this Final can take ten times the combined average gate of both clubs.