Rangers Transfers: 10 Players They Must Sign This Summer

I'd love us to sign Tony Andreu this Summer.

Neil took him to Norwich with him but has done absolutely nothing with him. He hasn't even started a game and with them being in The Premiership now you have to wonder if Neil will ahift his attention to other players which will see Andreu fall even more out of favour.

I'm not daft though, having gone from Scottish Championship to Premier League within a couple of years he will probably want to stick about there for now and even if he's free to leave he'll probably get another club in England, but I think he would be a great pick up for us.

Him, Allan and somebody else playing as a front three with the freedom to go and influence the game behind a striker would be brilliant to watch.

Ali Crawford? He's been at Hamilton for a while, surprised no one has went for him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan, May, and Cummings should be our top targets in my opinion. Cummings comes across abit of a wank, but he'l only be 20 by the time new season starts. He's only a boy, but he's already topped the goal charts this year. He knows whats Scottish football is all about, more so than a more experienced foreign player who may have to learn the language and culture etc...If Allan follows, they can help each other out with the pressure. May is a great young talent, and is a must in my opinion if we can get him. I remember the last time a young successful St Johnstone player went down south and failed only to sign for Rangers...

Haha we can only hope!

I'd love us to sign Tony Andreu this Summer.

Neil took him to Norwich with him but has done absolutely nothing with him. He hasn't even started a game and with them being in The Premiership now you have to wonder if Neil will shift his attention to other players which will see Andreu fall even more out of favour.

I'm not daft though, having gone from Scottish Championship to Premier League within a couple of years he will probably want to stick about there for now and even if he's free to leave he'll probably get another club in England, but I think he would be a great pick up for us.

Him, Allan and somebody else playing as a front three with the freedom to go and influence the game behind a striker would be brilliant to watch.

Could be tough unless it was a loan deal, correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure Norwich paid 1-2million for him and will probably want a similar fee if they sell. He could do a job for most Championship sides, good player.

I would be more interested in Stuart's list.

King has said that player investment has to be made to get us back into Europe and the revenues that brings in order for us to reach the point where we can balance the books.

Looks like being a very busy summer.

If I was picking 10 players id like to see us try and get id pick

Bain - Dundee goalie, recently in the Scotland squad.

Saunders - released by ross co, still think there is a player there

Hutchinson - went down to Fulham no idea how he's done.

Meekings- decent cb

Jack - Aberdeen, really good player

Allan - obvious

Vuckic - no brainer

Carmichael - qots winger, think he has potential.

Higginbotham - sure I read he was leaving partick

May - on loan

Also really like paterson and walker at hearts and wishful thinking but Ryan Fraser is used sparingly at Bournemouth...

My worry would be that they are pretty much all from the spl/championship and that formula didn't work too well for mccoist.

Least its more realistic than that guys list.

The truth is I think we should steal an idea from Clyde a few years ago and have an open invite training for anyone interested in moving, sign the best of them on low wages with the promise of trying to get them a move to England. Genuinely think we attract some very good players.

You think we need or should have a 20mil a year wage budget to beat Celtic

And to live within our means

Are you David Murray?

no I feel fresh,not minty fresh

people have been duped into thinking we can't afford to go for decent players,upon promotion our turnover will hit 30m plus ,at a 60pc wage bill turnover ratio that gives us around 20m to play with,

there's no point pissing about with a 8 to 10m wage bill that would strangle us against the savilles,people would lose interest and the downward spiral would continue,only a cash injection and investing in a decent playing staff will get us on top again,

a lot of folk thinkinh investing in youth is the way forward but forget we as well as the glitters are in a unique situation in world football where 2nd is massive failure,even in Spain real and barca fans stick by the team to an extent if they struggle for a year or 2,this has sine the souness era held back us and the peeds in developing our own played,only a few on both sides have made the grade,

in the Glasgow goldfish bowl the youth set ups have only served a purpose of providing the odd player and hopefully producing a few that can be sold on to help fund the finding of the next Barry Ferguson or allan McGregor who if we are being serious are the only players to have come through our system post souness to have cut the mustard,thats not really our youth development system at fault,its the inherrant win culture thats at our club,look at the players we have produced over the years who have flourished out with the Scottish set up who we would take in a minute,and went on and proved they were good players but couldnt progress due to the boo boys from the stands,I'm not blaming the boo boys for a minute but the unique culture in Glasgow football gives youth a difficult start in their career

we need a decent level of investment in the playing squad,not a frugal attempt at building a team

we have been through the ringer in the last 3/4 years and should probably have had a decent level of money behind us to invest ,but due to spiv investors and the SFA hamstringing us we have been held back from creating a different football culture,

no I feel fresh,not minty fresh

people have been duped into thinking we can't afford to go for decent players,upon promotion our turnover will hit 30m plus ,at a 60pc wage bill turnover ratio that gives us around 20m to play with,

there's no point pissing about with a 8 to 10m wage bill that would strangle us against the savilles,people would lose interest and the downward spiral would continue,only a cash injection and investing in a decent playing staff will get us on top again,

a lot of folk thinkinh investing in youth is the way forward but forget we as well as the glitters are in a unique situation in world football where 2nd is massive failure,even in Spain real and barca fans stick by the team to an extent if they struggle for a year or 2,this has sine the souness era held back us and the peeds in developing our own played,only a few on both sides have made the grade,

in the Glasgow goldfish bowl the youth set ups have only served a purpose of providing the odd player and hopefully producing a few that can be sold on to help fund the finding of the next Barry Ferguson or allan McGregor who if we are being serious are the only players to have come through our system post souness to have cut the mustard,thats not really our youth development system at fault,its the inherrant win culture thats at our club,look at the players we have produced over the years who have flourished out with the Scottish set up who we would take in a minute,and went on and proved they were good players but couldnt progress due to the boo boys from the stands,I'm not blaming the boo boys for a minute but the unique culture in Glasgow football gives youth a difficult start in their career

we need a decent level of investment in the playing squad,not a frugal attempt at building a team

we have been through the ringer in the last 3/4 years and should probably have had a decent level of money behind us to invest ,but due to spiv investors and the SFA hamstringing us we have been held back from creating a different football culture,

There's a happy medium to be found. We keep our better players from this current squad, we sign a handful of players for key areas then supplement with younger and cheaper players to complete the squad.

Suggesting that we go right back to spending 20m on wages is madness. That's 400k a week roughly meaning that if we had a squad of 25 players we'd be paying on average 16k a week.

I agree that if we sign bosman signings and youngsters then we will most likely not challenge Celtic next year, hence Paul murrays statement. As a club and a well run businness we can't go back to that sort of wage structure and certainly not without European football playing a part in our turnover. This is why we need a manager capable of getting the best out of a squad with limited resources.....I say limited but we will still have the second largest wage bill in Scotland.

The truth is I think we should steal an idea from Clyde a few years ago and have an open invite training for anyone interested in moving, sign the best of them on low wages with the promise of trying to get them a move to England. Genuinely think we attract some very good players.

:anguish:

I know things have changed, and due to Sky handing out money like sweeties to shite down there we are finding it harder than ever to compete, however, the bold is taking things a bit too far. Is that all we want to become - for every player?

Agree with the majority of your post, however, the slightest rumblings of one of the Spanish two starting to dominate and there is panic here. Give them a few years of actual domination with the other not having a sniff, and you'd think it was doomsday.