Play for free before your sacked

KingKirk

RANGERS players face the axe this morning after being asked to play for FREE on Saturday.

SunSport can reveal administrator Paul Clark wants Ibrox stars to give up wages they are entitled to for facing Hearts.

But it's understood up to SEVEN top-team stars — including top earner Allan McGregor — have already refused to take cuts.

It's also believed as many as five first-team players have told boss Ally McCoist they are ready to walk away if it helps save cash. Administrators Duff and Phelps will arrive at Murray Park today to give players a last chance to sort things themselves.

With that highly unlikely, they will then reveal plans to sack around ten players in a bid to minimise costs.

Gers need to save £1million a month. And bean-counter Clark hopes the desperate plight will see first-team stars agree to forego their March money.

McCoist delivered the news right after Gers' 2-1 defeat to Jambos.

Tensions spilled over in the dressing room as skipper Steve Davis demanded answers before issuing a rallying call to the players.

McCoist will train his squad one last time before axeman Clark reveals how many players must go.

It's sure to be an horrific day behind the scenes, with players and staff set to find out if they have a future at the club.

There is already anger that the news has been delayed, with everyone expecting to be told their fate last week. They hoped they could strike a deal which would see them have 75 per cent of their wages deferred, but Clark rejected that proposal.

PFA Scotland chief Fraser Wishart plans to meet with players today to advise them on their options, but firings are now inevitable.

Clark insists huge cuts must be made in a bid to save the 140-year-old club. There has also been a March 16 deadline set for potential buyers to come forward and lodge their bids to buy control.

With the verdict of the big tax case still to be heard, it seems almost impossible that deadline will be met. But Clark says there ARE people who can save the club.

He said: "We're content there are parties who could proceed to be the new owners of Rangers.

"It's time to end the uncertainty. We have to do something.

"If Ally and the players are able to come up with an appropriate solution we'll go with that.

"If not we will have to make redundancies."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4172677/Play-for-FREE-before-you-get-sacked.html#ixzz1oCRi119f

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would honestly be very surprised if McGregor refused to take some sort of wage cut, but if 7 first-team "stars" have refused a cut then we are in big trouble

BUT

It is in the Sun and I never thought I would say it but if it was in the Record I would believe it <cr>:anguish: , the Sun have been trailing way behind through this whole fiasco.

"If Ally and the players are able to come up with an appropriate solution we'll go with that.

"If not we will have to make redundancies."

Not wanting to be funny or anything, but isn't Mr Clark picking up £300 per hour to come up with solutions? "We'll go with that," seems a very cavalier attitude.

He didn't say, "yeah, why not give it a bash?"

He said, "We'll go with that".

Yes and I think they carry the same weight. The fact remains that Mr Clark is being paid to come up with solutions.

I don't get it, if we are financially fucked and the admins are trying to save as much money as possible why are they taking a big wage of us? how can we pay them and whats the point in their job if they are taking a shitload of cash from us? Confussed.com

I don't get it, if we are financially fucked and the admins are trying to save as much money as possible why are they taking a big wage of us? how can we pay them and whats the point in their job if they are taking a shitload of cash from us? Confussed.com

I guess it's either administration or liquidation.

When you are in administration, they are the first guys to get paid. It's a fact of life.

Yes. You have it in abundance.

No, you do. And your default fall back is to label someone you disagree with a "Tim" knowing that if you cry it long enough and loud enough some will believe you. Now, what evidence supports your innuendo that I'm a "Tim"? I once posted something favourable about a former Celtic player and manager? Oh well, current hero Ally McCoist is on record saying that former player was one the greatest people he knew. Christ on a bike, McCoist is a Taig! He attended the funeral.