Millions to be earned with Miller.

Was thinking about the sheer scale of possible new income if Bill Miller markets Rangers well in America . I was in New York recently and speaking to a few locals who were quite knowledgable about "soccer" in general and declared they thought the USA would be a world force within 10 years the way the sport is developing over there.

What they didn't seem to be readily aware of that the current USA captain plays for the famous Glasgow Rangers or does Edu. Now I'm thinking Jesus once Mr Miller starts advertising ( have you seem his present truck commercials) the world brand of RFC there must be millions and millions of untapped revenue . It's absolutely mind boggling if you think about the size of that nation !!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raising our profile over in America I'm sure will be something Miller has thought very hard about...

Having American Internationals and an American Owner will indeed raise our profile even further over there, if he can get it right then commercially it could be of great success.

Optimistic Loyal of course :uk:

Caption of three guys working on a truck with their back to us, the owner(Miller) walks into the garage shouting "Where are your work uniforms?" They(Bedoya, Captain America and Maurice Edu) turn around showing the cameras these famous blue jerseys with a magnificent large RFC crest upon it, Boca shouts back - "We though we would wear our Rangers kits today" Bedoya adds "Yeah, its for the Rangers family" with Edu adding "Because they are worth it", the Rangers arrive in the US.

:D

Wonder how much tv income would be alone if he set up a tv channel plugging the club with the USA players. His big trucks with the stars and stripes and RFC on the sides !!! It goes on and on !!

Maybe that's what he sees buying Rangers is all about making millions for him and the club ???

I doubt very much there is much if anything to be made in the US for Rangers. 99% plus of yanks have no idea who the US soccer players are and still won't have when most of us are pushing up the bluebells. Ask yourself this, how many punters have you seen walking about glasgow with a Portland timbers top on despite 99% of football fans in Scotland knowing about a Scottish player playing there?

I doubt very much there is much if anything to be made in the US for Rangers. 99% plus of yanks have no idea who the US soccer players are and still won't have when most of us are pushing up the bluebells. Ask yourself this, how many punters have you seen walking about glasgow with a Portland timbers top on despite 99% of football fans in Scotland knowing about a Scottish player playing there?

Thats the spirit, fuck even trying. :clap::anguish:

Don't get too carried away. The Mackems are owned by a Yank, hasn't done them much good. Arsenal is owned by a Yank, same story. Liverpool was owned by a couple of Yanks, how'd that go down? Rangers will have to rely on the same people it always has.

Caption of three guys working on a truck with their back to us, the owner(Miller) walks into the garage shouting "Where are your work uniforms?" They(Bedoya, Captain America and Maurice Edu) turn around showing the cameras these famous blue jerseys with a magnificent large RFC crest upon it, Boca shouts back - "We though we would wear our Rangers kits today" Bedoya adds "Yeah, its for the Rangers family" with Edu adding "Because they are worth it", the Rangers arrive in the US.

:D

1310483412100.jpg

Was thinking about the sheer scale of possible new income if Bill Miller markets Rangers well in America . I was in New York recently and speaking to a few locals who were quite knowledgable about "soccer" in general and declared they thought the USA would be a world force within 10 years the way the sport is developing over there.

What they didn't seem to be readily aware of that the current USA captain plays for the famous Glasgow Rangers or does Edu. Now I'm thinking Jesus once Mr Miller starts advertising ( have you seem his present truck commercials) the world brand of RFC there must be millions and millions of untapped revenue . It's absolutely mind boggling if you think about the size of that nation !!

After the 94 world cup everyone including Pele was creaming themselves over USA saying the would dominate world football before the turn of the century. 18 years on and they are still shite. Football/soccer will never be huge over there. It will always be behind American football, Basketball and baseball. i would much prefer to try and crack Asia. Look at Man U and Arsenal (tu)