History beckons you No. 12

D'Artagnan

No. 12 Shirt

She had been battered, raped and pillaged for several months. Every fresh blow seemed to bring her closer to that final crushing blow. Like a wounded animal she tried to stand on her feet, to regain her dignity and honour, but the attacks were relentless and to the shame of all, none would come to her aid.

And finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the end was near. The Haters, Vultures and Ghouls made their way towards Ibrox for the telling knockout blow. In the interests of “sporting integrity” a boxing referee was enlisted to deliver the final count.

At the doors of Ibrox they were met by two sentinels who barred their way. Alistair McCoist and Lee McCulloch. It was pointless asking them to move. Neither would walk away.

“Start the count” demanded one of the haters. And so it began.

But not as as they had expected.

“Wait, wait your counting wrong” screamed the haters.

The two sentinels were no longer alone. For on either side of them filing quietly into line were unknown faces wearing Rangers shirts with No. 12 on the back. They didn't need names on the back, it was the badge on the front which was important to them. There were young and old, sprightly and infirm, the capable carried the less capable lest they stumbled.

As the count continued the numbers, grew, and grew, and grew, until thousands joined the two sentinels barring the way to Ibrox.

The silence was broken momentarily when a whisper filled the air, some say to this day it came from within the walls of Ibrox itself....... “We’ve got the battle fever on”

“Who are these people?” asked one of the haters.

Ally McCoist stepped forward....... “Allow me to introduce you to my No. 12's......they don't do walking away either”

And so it began.

In years to come Rangers historians will recite stories of Baxter, Woodburn, Cooper, Laudrup, McCoist, Gough and of course of No. 12.

In the coming months news outlets will feature stories about the No. 12's – the fans who would not let their club die.

Their loyalty, faith and passion in a football club will capture the imagination of nations.

They will become the benchmark which other supporters aspire to.

Whatever is thrown at them or their club No.12's will come back for more, time and time again until eventually our detractors can thrown no more.

Wherever their club goes the No. 12's will be there. And every other Saturday Ibrox will be filled with No. 12's.

Our children's children will proudly tell their friends at school that their grandfather was a No. 12.

No. 12's will be the topic of conversation every Monday morning, in factories, offices, wherever people assemble.

Newspaper columns will mention the No.12's in the same breath as resilience and a never say die spirit.

Who am I and how do I know all this ?

Im a No. 12 and Im about to take my place in history.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the bit about us always surviving but not keen on the 12 or anything else new. It will always be 1872 for me. Might be better with that on the back of tops

Never has been anything but 1872, the 12th man has always been the man, rich or poor, standin cheering on the Rangers home or away. We always will be.

No disrespect meant if I have picked your post up wrong (tu)

Cheers lads I'm with it now. Thought it was an idea you were thinking about. My apologies m8, lol. Just don't want anything like this. All Rangers fans of any period would back the club. Prefer to keep with all that is old right now. Prefer nothing that marks this period myself. Feel more annoyed with myself that us fans never asked more of Murray years ago when we first found out about our huge debts. Don't know if the generations of bears that went before us would have been any wiser or not. Nah this 12top's not for me

Meant to say it's because it goes with this year. It is a nice touch by the club but don't want to see it all over fans backs

I know what your saying mate (tu)

I've already got this years top with just the 12 on the back purely because I've never felt the club, at a boardroom level at least, has ever fully recognised the loyalty and faith the fans put in that team on the park.

Shoulder to shoulder we'll stand.

I should add that I was born shortly after Mr Murray bought our clubs company over so I have only ever grown up with him owning us, along with tha equal cunt whyte.

Me too m8, it's not that I think either that we fans have let the club down as we know who is responsible. Just wish more had been asked of Murray. When I was a kid during the early Murray period we seemed to have lots of rich supporters from the business world or celebrities taking up the best seats. Were are they? Most clubs can muster a few rich fans at a time like this. Rangers were going for peanuts and ours couldn't even muster a decisive bid. M'coll worth £850 million. Us ordinary fans have always done our bit. Maybe we should have a special top made for all these rich fans who in my opinion did nearly nothing to save a club they say they love when they easily could have.

Me too m8, it's not that I think either that we fans have let the club down as we know who is responsible. Just wish more had been asked of Murray. When I was a kid during the early Murray period we seemed to have lots of rich supporters from the business world or celebrities taking up the best seats. Were are they? Most clubs can muster a few rich fans at a time like this. Rangers were going for peanuts and ours couldn't even muster a decisive bid. M'coll worth £850 million. Us ordinary fans have always done our bit. Maybe we should have a special top made for all these rich fans who in my opinion did nearly nothing to save a club they say they love when they easily could have.

There are some Bear78 who suggest that a further bid will be forthcoming - though I have no idea on what they are basing this.

One thing is for sure - if these "Rangers men" dont come forward and save our club then I think its safe to say their love of Rangers comes a poor second best to their love of their own personal wealth.

Absolutely mate (tu) as D'art said in the above post, a lot of them only have a true love for their own wealth and not the club which has always been a rock for me. Even this year when my Grandfather passed away in January, it felt healthy, if that's the right term, for me at Ibrox knowing that the people I love live on in the life of the Rangers.

Apologies if that's a bot soft :lol: had a few and it's now all resting on my mind (tu)

We will now find out who the true Rangers men really are, and I can say for sure that I am one.

I even have a number...

Absolutely mate (tu) as D'art said in the above post, a lot of them only have a true love for their own wealth and not the club which has always been a rock for me. Even this year when my Grandfather passed away in January, it felt healthy, if that's the right term, for me at Ibrox knowing that the people I love live on in the life of the Rangers.

Apologies if that's a bot soft :lol: had a few and it's now all resting on my mind (tu)

We will now find out who the true Rangers men really are, and I can say for sure that I am one.

I even have a number...

I think those are excellent sentiments Phil....and Im sure your grandfather would be proud of them. (tu)

There is one upside to the newco plc, Murray no longer holds ANY shares of the plc the shares he retained when he sold to Shyte, died with the oldco. However the club, the FOOTBALL club lives on. We will follow on, up the stairs doon the stairs we will follow on.

WATP never forget that.

There is one upside to the newco plc, Murray no longer holds ANY shares of the plc the shares he retained when he sold to Shyte, died with the oldco. However the club, the FOOTBALL club lives on. We will follow on, up the stairs doon the stairs we will follow on.

WATP never forget that.

Here before him, here despite him and here after him.

WATP

Your best post yet D

Send it to the people who are demanding answers to their questions

If there's no Rangers the questions will never be answered

Give Green at least a year, surely he deserves that?

I like the idea of a mass march to buy season tickets

That will show the haters who the people are