***the Official N F L 11/12 Season Thread***

chris_glasgow

Delparlane,

:clap: :clap: Finally, your Rams got a big win today with a 30-13 victory over the Washington Redskins.

I know DB and chris_glasgow are thrilled with the Colts win over Prod's Denver Broncos.

Thanks man - it's been a long time coming, but I had a feeling we could do OK once we stopped beating ourselves. Granted it's just one, but both of our losses this season could have been wins were it not for a couple of stupid game-killing mistakes. Nice that we even made our few standard bonehead gaffes today and still overcame them, too. And I REALLY like this Bradford guy; I admit I was pulling to get Suh in the draft, but hands up, I was dead wrong there. It pleases me to say that our new #8 is the real deal.

The day will come when your Boys' D will harass Vick all day long.

Hope they draw and quarter him. I don't care what anyone says - Vick may have a lot of athletic talent, but in my eyes that guy is the scum of the earth. Made me sick to see him last week talking about all the "adversity'" that he had to overcome. Gutless prick who tortured animals for fun, and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? Pull the other one.

Hey TG,

Did you see this ref actually was tongue-tied when explaining three penalties at the Cowboys-Texans game yesterday? I also saw it briefly on CNN this morning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Referee-Carl-Cheffers-has-a-Spinal-Tap-?urn=nfl-272620

I don't envy that ref.

Despite the loss against the Colts, there were a few positives for Broncos. Orton's looking good, and the O-line's giving him plenty of time in the pocket, and he's very good when he's got time. There's 4 receivers, at least, capable of making plays.

It's a shame we can't run the ball at all. Still, don't mind getting beat off one of the better teams in the league, especially when we were in with a chance, and were missing a starting CB which one of the greatest of all time took advantage of a few times.

What a great weekend of action. The hawks beat the xhargers with special teams and a couple big defensive stops. 9ers lost again so our division is wide open. Weak division but exciting!

Jets v Phins was good. Brandon Marshall was outstanding.

What a great weekend of action. The hawks beat the xhargers with special teams and a couple big defensive stops. 9ers lost again so our division is wide open. Weak division but exciting!

Jets v Phins was good. Brandon Marshall was outstanding.

SF canned their offensive coordinator today, never a good sign 3 games into the season...

I used to think Singletary was a good coach who had his head screwed on straight but the more I see the 49ers I get the feeling he's in over his head

Honestly, I would never thought Chicago Bears would start out to a 3-0 record. At times, unpredictability is quite fun especially in the NFL. The season is just early now, but in time, we will see how the teams will shake out in the middle of the season.

Sunday, Oct. 3

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints

Louisiana Superdome - New Orleans, LA

12:00 PM

Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers

Lambeau Field - Green Bay, WI

Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Rams

Edward Jones Dome at America's Center - Saint Louis, MO

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Heinz Field - Pittsburgh, PA

1:00 PM

Cincinnati Bengals @ Cleveland Browns

Cleveland Browns Stadium - Cleveland, OH

Denver Broncos @ Tennessee Titans

LP Field - Nashville, TN

New York Jets @ Buffalo Bills

Ralph Wilson Stadium - Orchard Park, NY

San Francisco 49ers @ Atlanta Falcons

Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA

Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders

Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum - Oakland, CA

4:05 PM

Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Everbank Field - Jacksonville, FL

Arizona Cardinals @ San Diego Chargers

Qualcomm Stadium - San Diego, CA

4:15 PM

Washington Redskins @ Philadelphia Eagles

Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, PA

4:15 PM

Chicago Bears @ New York Giants

New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ

8:20 PM

Monday, Oct. 4

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins

Sun Life Stadium - Opa Locka, FL

8:30 PM

I actually think our game agaisnt the Rams is 50/50.

We have not won on the road forever practically and I think Bradford will get plenty yards due to our secondary. We need Hasselbeck to put in a huge game for us as we were very poor on offense last week, special teams won the game for us.

Key will be pressuring young Sam and hopefully roughing him up as well and that could mean mistakes and hopefully ending with us 3-1 which no1 would have predicted at the start of the season.

Go Hawks!

What a boring week :anguish:

That is because your Dallas Cowboys are off this weekend, but they need this rest to fix the little things for their next game.

On the other hand, a lot of Texas and Oklahoma fans will be converging on Dallas tonight as they will book into their hotels or stay with their friends and then tomorrow, they will head out to the game early for tailgating parties. I know some of them will have RVs to stay overnight near the stadium. Both teams have so much at stake with BCS implications.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Rivalry explains about the biggest rivalry in America between Texas and Oklahoma. This game usually happens during the Texas State Fair which goes from September 24 through October 17 this year. The game will be played at the Cotton Bowl. I'll be rooting for the Sooners.

Thank god I'm not in Dallas this weekend. I can't stand Texas-OU weekend with all of their annoying fans, I wish there was a way both schools could lose

In terms of the game, I think both teams are a class below Nebraska in the Big 12 and both have serious issues, I'm more interested in Stanford-Oregon and Florida-Alabama tomorrow

Thank god I'm not in Dallas this weekend. I can't stand Texas-OU weekend with all of their annoying fans, I wish there was a way both schools could lose

In terms of the game, I think both teams are a class below Nebraska in the Big 12 and both have serious issues, I'm more interested in Stanford-Oregon and Florida-Alabama tomorrow

I will be happy to go home south on I-35 because by the time I leave work around 5 pm, I will see all of those cars moving slowly north on I-35, and I know there will be DPS troopers plus local cops out in full force on that highway. I agree with you TG that UT and OU have been struggling offensively with several close calls. It will be interesting to see how much Gilbert can stand up to OU's defense.