Golf

kplfishtank

11 hours ago, hammer93 said:

What time was you out m8....that's where I play,  i was out at 8am on Saturday 

Tee’d off at 12:30. We had about 4 four balls.

are you a member ? Iv put my name down but it’s a bit of a waiting list I hear, about a year or 2 ?

1 hour ago, jackunion said:

Tee’d off at 12:30. We had about 4 four balls.

are you a member ? Iv put my name down but it’s a bit of a waiting list I hear, about a year or 2 ?

Yeah, I got a 7 day membership when they 1st came out....I think this is my 7th year now, i saw a big crowd in the bar we were having our lunch about 12pm, the 7day membership seems to be a bit of a closed door at the moment, the 5 day was always available but I'm not sure if that has changed this year, the 5day isn't the worst if you don't golf on a Saturday as you can still play on a Sunday after midday 

35 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Yeah, I got a 7 day membership when they 1st came out....I think this is my 7th year now, i saw a big crowd in the bar we were having our lunch about 12pm, the 7day membership seems to be a bit of a closed door at the moment, the 5 day was always available but I'm not sure if that has changed this year, the 5day isn't the worst if you don't golf on a Saturday as you can still play on a Sunday after midday 

Yeah that would have been us, all staunch bears.

It’s the 5 day membership I’m looking at. how long is the wait for it any idea ? 

3 hours ago, jackunion said:

Yeah that would have been us, all staunch bears.

It’s the 5 day membership I’m looking at. how long is the wait for it any idea ? 

There was a time the 5 day membership was easily dealt with, if you want send me a pm of your personal details ie relating to your form, I can ask for you, I have the director of golf  number so I could ask him about your application and see if I can move it on for you.

8 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

There was a time the 5 day membership was easily dealt with, if you want send me a pm of your personal details ie relating to your form, I can ask for you, I have the director of golf  number so I could ask him about your application and see if I can move it on for you.

Ideal mate, I applied online but haven’t heard anything.

im hoping to get a round in again at the end of the week so I’ll mention my application then and I’ll get in touch. 

My old boy had asked me to play the Texas scramble on Saturday 2 Sunday’s ago I said a could play but the fixtures hadn’t came out yet and then the fixtures came out and said I can’t make it thinking the game was Saturday he got someone else then a found out the game was on Sunday. Saturday has to be a cracking day as well maybe try get a time with randomers to make up a 4 ball. 

56 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

played the back 9 tonight and was playing nicely and then got to the par 3 17th and shanked two balls off the tee. 

Absolutely out of nowhere, two shanks. 

This game plays with your mind.

I wouldn't worry too much over the two shanks mate. I like to bet on both the European tour and PGA tour every week and some of the shots you see these so called professionals hit sometimes would astonish people. Last week one of my picks was Brian Harmon and he four putted from 5 feet to take an 8 at a relatively easy par 5 when he was up there with the leaders. Needless to say he fell back and out of the running with some random going on to win the tournament. Its a mental game sometimes and not just for the honest amateur.

On 18/04/2018 at 23:37, RFC RYAN said:

My old boy had asked me to play the Texas scramble on Saturday 2 Sunday’s ago I said a could play but the fixtures hadn’t came out yet and then the fixtures came out and said I can’t make it thinking the game was Saturday he got someone else then a found out the game was on Sunday. Saturday has to be a cracking day as well maybe try get a time with randomers to make up a 4 ball. 

Fucking idiot looking at that forecast tomorrow, hope my old man gets held up at work. 

64 scratch in our 8 birdies 1 bogeys we drained a few long ones and didn’t birdie the 2 of the 3 easy par 4s. Best I have played in a while sunk 3 birdie putts in a row at 3,4 and 5 we all chipped in with our putts our handicap was 6.8.