Golf

kplfishtank

33 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

don't know if I mentioned it on hear but i was playing a tie last year and I'm sure while we were looking for my opponent's ball he dropped another one while my back was turned.

we had been looking for his ball for a while and i had heard this guy was a chancer so I was basically watching him looking for his ball. Anyway, time was up and i turned my back briefly - and I am sure I heard the dull thud of a ball striking the ground. This was quickly followed by an "oh look there it is right next to my trolley after all"

I couldn't prove anything and i beat him on the first extra hole, but im sure the cunt was at it

You should have called him on it cushy. Even with no proof it lets him know you’re onto him. 

Happened in our club championship years ago and a young 18 year old stopped play on the course and demanded a council member come back out. He called out the then club champion and was proven to be right. 

Hate cheats.

When I played at Beith, we had a guy suspected of cheating, so when we played with him we followed him everywhere looking for his ball. We looked for five minutes as he looked with his hand in his pocket all the time. He gave up and said, forget it, it is lost and he lifted his bag and the ball was underneath it, it was brilliant karma as he had declared it lost, superb. He walked back down the hill to play his 4th.

We got in from the course and we had marked him for a 6 as he told us, turned out he had duffed one on the fairway and should have said 7. Cheating cunt got everything he deserved. 

15 hours ago, cushynumber said:

don't know if I mentioned it on hear but i was playing a tie last year and I'm sure while we were looking for my opponent's ball he dropped another one while my back was turned.

we had been looking for his ball for a while and i had heard this guy was a chancer so I was basically watching him looking for his ball. Anyway, time was up and i turned my back briefly - and I am sure I heard the dull thud of a ball striking the ground. This was quickly followed by an "oh look there it is right next to my trolley after all"

I couldn't prove anything and i beat him on the first extra hole, but im sure the cunt was at it

Never trust anyone that has another ball in their pocket playing a medal. 

25 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

club and class championship qualifier 1 of 3 on saturday and singles matchplay tie on sunday. I cant say the wife is all that impressed with me at the moment.

Tell her to get a hobby and to pipe down as the negative energy isn’t good for your performance 

19 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Tell her to get a hobby and to pipe down as the negative energy isn’t good for your performance 

thats funny, because i have started to say - "dont complain, cause then i just think about you complaining and i have a bad round. You dont want that sweetheart, do you"?

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

thats funny, because i have started to say - "dont complain, cause then i just think about you complaining and i have a bad round. You dont want that sweetheart, do you"?

Love the reverse psychology used and makes perfect sense. ??

I hit a stinking hook out of bounds darling because I was over thinking if I was coming home to a fight. 

8 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I’ve got the medal on Saturday at Lanark then a Texas Scramble on Sunday at Hamilton. Looking forward to it.

I put my name on the reserve list for Saturday but I was 3rd on the list and it has to be before 9 as am going to the game so unlikely I will get a game. 

First time since the back surgery I’ve played Saturday and Sunday. Played well both days but by fuck am I tender today. 

Feel like BABN has been at mine for a month. 

Pain if for poofs though. Another step in the right direction. FTP.

Anyone ready for a rant ? I had started 4-4-4 which at my course you would take every day as it’s a tricky start.

Playing the medal the day at the 4th hole the 3rd hole runs along side it opposite direction but the 4th is par 3 so I hit it right onto the 3rd fairway (blocked it) there is no trees so the folk walking up the 3rd can see us on the tee and we can see them the guy walking up picked my ball up put it in his bag then walked about 3-4 steps and got it back out his bag and threw it on the floor and was stuck behind a tree leaving me no shot. Just pissed me off the full round wouldn’t expect a kid to do that. 

Got back from Spain on Saturday, what a laugh and some unreal golf courses. I didn't play particularly well but I had a good drink every night and was tender each morning, never bodes well for me when going to play golf. Won the longest drive so nice bottle of malt always a bonus.

Was going to play tonight but weather pish here, going to go down driving range at Hamilton and hit a few.

Play through at Leven......if you like a classic links you'll love it!

Wasn't loving it tonight tho, hit a screamer up 16, took a 30 yard bounce sideways straight into gorse and took a double after being level par thru 15 ?

A potential under par round turned into 2 over with one bad break ??