Another perception on recent claims by contacts/boss

Shipyard Blues

BITC

With all due respect mate, that the meeting was attended at all by anyone saddens me. The Rangers support wanted answers from Muir/bank as clearly pointed out in the protest aims, I can only speak for myself when I say I feel betrayed here.

They got the answers. Contacts posted exactly what Muir said at the meeting, it just isn't what certain people wanted to hear.

Like i say, the protest was looking for answers but i believe those answers were already in the public domain. The AGM and the Assembly meeting ensured this. I think many fans are just unwilling to trust anything official from the club anymore after years of lies from Murray. I can understand that but to slate good Rangers men for taking Muir at face value and taking the chance to quiz him is wrong.

Secondly, the answers which Muir gave to those at the meeting are the exact same as what our Chairman and Chief Exec have been telling the support since the AGM. They are not hiding anything.

How do you know that?

Because the club have no reason to lie to the supporters over this. They have repeatedly told us the same thing since the AGM, the official line hasn't changed once.

What i do know is i'd sooner believe Martin Bain and Alistair Johnson than some faceless consortium drip-feeding information to the media and in-the-know internet posters.

The supporters wanted confirmation/dialogue/answers anything really from the one man who represents the bank and who we the Rangers support (not FF, not RM, not any other Rangers site but every person who loves our club) have been told for months now from the one man the entire support fully trust have been pulling the strings within the boardroom. Instead of giving us answers he sets up a meeting with an influential figure within one online site. You might not be talking about the protest here Token but I am...

The supporters wanted confirmation/dialogue/answers anything really from the one man who represents the bank and who we the Rangers support (not FF, not RM, not any other Rangers site but every person who loves our club) have been told for months now from the one man the entire support fully trust have been pulling the strings within the boardroom. Instead of giving us answers he sets up a meeting with an influential figure within one online site. You might not be talking about the protest here Token but I am...

Muir doesn't represent the bank though, he represents Sir David Murray. The fact you believe anything else just proves my point. I would be questioning the people that feed you lines like that before anyone else.

P.S. what was your follow follow name before Jiminez, my memory has failed me ? Just so i can call you that as it adds so much to the discussion :blush:

BITC

With all due respect mate, that the meeting was attended at all by anyone saddens me. The Rangers support wanted answers from Muir/bank as clearly pointed out in the protest aims, I can only speak for myself when I say I feel betrayed here.

They got the answers. Contacts posted exactly what Muir said at the meeting, it just isn't what certain people wanted to hear.

Like i say, the protest was looking for answers but i believe those answers were already in the public domain. The AGM and the Assembly meeting ensured this. I think many fans are just unwilling to trust anything official from the club anymore after years of lies from Murray. I can understand that but to slate good Rangers men for taking Muir at face value and taking the chance to quiz him is wrong.

So these answers were better off said to an influential figure on one site where an olive branch was being extended instead of the Rangers support as a whole ?

I'm no Einstein but I aint buttoned up the back either... the whole thing stinks to the high heavens to me.

As for what Contacts has to say about the meeting, to be quite Frank with you, I honestly will not believe a word of it. there's nothing that Muir could have said to Contacts in private that he couldn't have said in public if what was talked about is the case.

Are you aware that the meeting was also attended by a few of the most influencial and respected Rangers fans around? Do you think they would be willing to have their string pulled?

BITC

So these answers were better off said to an influential figure on one site where an olive branch was being extended instead of the Rangers support as a whole ?

I'm no Einstein but I aint buttoned up the back either... the whole thing stinks to the high heavens to me.

As for what Contacts has to say about the meeting, to be quite Frank with you, I honestly will not believe a word of it. there's nothing that Muir could have said to Contacts in private that he couldn't have said in public if what was talked about is the case.

What exactly do you not believe if you don't mind informing me?

Muir doesn't represent the bank though, he represents Sir David Murray. The fact you believe anything else just proves my point. I would be questioning the people that feed you lines like that before anyone else.

P.S. what was your follow follow name before Jiminez, my memory has failed me ? Just so i can call you that as it adds so much to the discussion :blush:

I never had a computer until about three years a go, my original name and current name is Jimenez. I know you love a bit of detective word but that's the truth and you'd be wasting your time trying to discover otherwise.

As for the points you state, that was one of the questions we were seeking an answer for in public. If its true then Muir wouldn't be acting so secrative would he ?

Secondly, the answers which Muir gave to those at the meeting are the exact same as what our Chairman and Chief Exec have been telling the support since the AGM. They are not hiding anything.

How do you know that?

Because the club have no reason to lie to the supporters over this. They have repeatedly told us the same thing since the AGM, the official line hasn't changed once.

What i do know is i'd sooner believe Martin Bain and Alistair Johnson than some faceless consortium drip-feeding information to the media and in-the-know internet posters.

Of course they do have reasons to lie to the support. They want to paint as positive a picture as possible.

They told us we didn't have to sell someone. We did. We are now being told by Muir that there is no money to buy anyone. Bit of an inconsistency there. Where is the money from Mendes gone?

Walter's comments also do not tie into the rosy picture being painted. Who would you rather believe? Bain or Walter?

Are you aware that the meeting was also attended by a few of the most influencial and respected Rangers fans around? Do you think they would be willing to have their string pulled?

Then shame on them just as much so.

Who are they to go behind supporters backs who seek clarity ?

BITC

sorry for labouring the point here but are you also questioning why the people who bad mouth Muir do that in private instead of coming out with there accusations to the support at large ?

What do they have to hide from us ?

Well well.

I'm pretty astonished at that tbh. No offense to either Boss or Contacts here but as far as I'm concerned your view points are tainted. I read your articles on Muir with interest and it gave me something to mull over but to think hundreds/thousands were screaming almost pleading for answers from within the hierarchy only for two high profile posters to meet in private with him and to go on and release pro Muir articles...

You might not be ashamed of yourselves, but you bloody well should be.

Jim, what a fucking load of pish.

As already mentioned above, Boss wasn't at any meeting and wants nothing to do with it. Contacts was invited along with a few others (not members of RM) to have lunch with Muir and they had the opportunity to ask him a few questions. They should certainly not be ashamed of themselves for attending lunch and trying to get some answers and truth for the Rangers support.

BITC

Any public announcement or statement from Rangers comes through the Chief Exec or the Chairman, not individual Directors. And the same things which Muir said in this meeting has been said repeatedly by the aforementioned people. Therefore he has made this information public.

Well well.

I'm pretty astonished at that tbh. No offense to either Boss or Contacts here but as far as I'm concerned your view points are tainted. I read your articles on Muir with interest and it gave me something to mull over but to think hundreds/thousands were screaming almost pleading for answers from within the hierarchy only for two high profile posters to meet in private with him and to go on and release pro Muir articles...

You might not be ashamed of yourselves, but you bloody well should be.

Jim, what a fucking load of pish.

As already mentioned above, Boss wasn't at any meeting and wants nothing to do with it. Contacts was invited along with a few others (not members of RM) to have lunch with Muir and they had the opportunity to ask him a few questions. They should certainly not be ashamed of themselves for attending lunch and trying to get some answers and truth for the Rangers support.

I think they should be when Rangers supporters not interested in being wined and dined are going to great lengths to get a little bit of transparency from Muir.

How did they go behind the supporters' back? The support have been told what was said.

I never had a computer until about three years a go, my original name and current name is Jimenez. I know you love a bit of detective word but that's the truth and you'd be wasting your time trying to discover otherwise.

As for the points you state, that was one of the questions we were seeking an answer for in public. If its true then Muir wouldn't be acting so secrative would he ?

My point being drop the childish token shit. My name on follow follow was GCL for a lot longer than token, i certainly think you are better than that.... (tu)

BITC

Any public announcement or statement from Rangers comes through the Chief Exec or the Chairman, not individual Directors. And the same things which Muir said in this meeting has been said repeatedly by the aforementioned people. Therefore he has made this information public.

Begs the question why a meeting was needed in the 1st place ?

My point being drop the childish token shit. My name on follow follow was GCL for a lot longer than token, i certainly think you are better than that.... (tu)

I'm calling you Token 'cos that's what I've known you as for the majority of time on Rangers sites.

You are reading a hell of a lot into nothing.

How did they go behind the supporters' back? The support have been told what was said.

By whom ? Those that attended a clear the air meeting that no one else knew about ?

Unbelievable.

I think they should be when Rangers supporters not interested in being wined and dined are going to great lengths to get a little bit of transparency from Muir.

So you think he should have declined and missed out on the chance on getting answers for Bears due to it being in a restaurant?

So you think he should have declined and missed out on the chance on getting answers for Bears due to it being in a restaurant?

No, I think they should have declined and told Muir that anything he has to say in private to them is good enough for us all.

No, I think they should have declined and told Muir that anything he has to say in private to them is good enough for us all.

Again.....why are the people bad mouthing muir and misleading the support over his role not doing there stuff in public. Are you giving those guys as hard a time.....

So decline Muirs offer of a meet and we get to hear feck all, or they accept his invitation then post what was said. I know which I would choose