Boxing and MMA

I also see Mayweather will face Cotto at 154 next. I give credit to Mayweather for his choice of opponent this time, Cotto is still a dangerous opponent and a quality boxer. Still, it is about 5 years too late. :rolleyes:

I like Mayweather v Cotto. Much more appealing than some of the other opponents mentioned eg Canelo & Guerrero.

Looks like Pac v Bradley, Money v Cotto. Again not bad fights at all. I think both will have trouble.

Credit to Mayweather for not demanding a daft catchweight as well.

Edit: looks like I spoke too soon, will probably be at 150.

Looks like Pac v Bradley, Money v Cotto. Again not bad fights at all. I think both will have trouble.

Credit to Mayweather for not demanding a daft catchweight as well.

Edit: looks like I spoke too soon, will probably be at 150.

Thought it was at 154?

Alvarez couldn't destroy Matthew Hatton, and you think he is going to do Cotto?

Did you watch the fight ?

He won every round

I might be wrong but I dont think hatton has been stopped before , he might be a limited boxer but he's tough and durable

Cotto is finished , margarito was slower than my gran

Get Alvarez in with the pretty boy

He won every round

I might be wrong but I dont think hatton has been stopped before , he might be a limited boxer but he's tough and durable

Alvarez is getting hand picked fights at catch weights, I'll reserve judgement until he steps in the ring with someone with real quality. Alvarez isn't anywhere near Cottos class (yet).

Alvarez is getting hand picked fights at catch weights, I'll reserve judgement until he steps in the ring with someone with real quality. Alvarez isn't anywhere near Cottos class (yet).

They are both different styles of fighter

Cotto always runs out of gas

His cardio is shite

Alvarez is young and would hurt him into the later rounds

Speed kills

They are both different styles of fighter

Cotto always runs out of gas

His cardio is shite

Alvarez is young and would hurt him into the later rounds

Speed kills

True, but it didn't work for Khan. As I said Alvarez hasn't been in the ring with anyone with Cotto's quality and he couldn't even knock M.Hatton out at a catch weight.

He won every round

If Floyd should be fighting anyone at 154, it is Martinez.

Both fighters would be making a fair compromise on optimal weight and Martinez has said he would be willing.

Both fighters would be making a fair compromise on optimal weight and Martinez has said he would be willing.

Martinez has said he would rather fight Chavez than Mayweather.

http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/1869-Sergio-Martinez-Shocker-Mayweather-Will-Have-to-Wait

"If I finally get the chance to fight Chavez Jr and get my belt back, I have to take it. Mayweather is going to have to wait."

Except Martinez has a loyal following of about 45 people which will always give Floyd the excuse of Risk v Reward, and when the mans nickname is money, well he's a greedy bassa.

Sergio would have to fight for free.

Quite enjoyed the Donaire fight. Has to work on a few things but he was impressive in my opinion. Good first opponent to face at 122lbs.

No idea how one judge had it 115-112 to Vasquez but I suppose everybody sees a fight differently and likes different things with regards to how fighters fight in the ring.

Quite enjoyed the Donaire fight. Has to work on a few things but he was impressive in my opinion. Good first opponent to face at 122lbs.

No idea how one judge had it 115-112 to Vasquez but I suppose everybody sees a fight differently and likes different things with regards to how fighters fight in the ring.

I think he may have been a tad over hyped but it's going to take someone really good to beat him.

I think he may have been a tad over hyped but it's going to take someone really good to beat him.

Some good fights to be made at junior featherweight. Donaire-Rigondeaux and Mares-Moreno are two that I want to see.