Boxing and MMA

I saw some guy called Ola Afolabi boxing the other week on the telly, he won and he was terrific, anyone know much about him? Think he's British, had UJ shorts on but he sounds like a yank.

Every punch hit and hurt his opponent, he wasn't even punching often just fucking belters when he did (tu)

Seen that fight as well. Was an impressive performance from him.

Regular sparring partner for the Klitschko's apparently.

Apparently Gamboas head has been turned by a Broner fight, hence one of the reasons he has reneged on the Rios fight.

Has that fight been officially called off yet?

There was picture of Gamboa at Mayweather's gym on the day he was meant to be at the presser in New York.

Seen that fight as well. Was an impressive performance from him.

Regular sparring partner for the Klitschko's apparently.

It was very impressive, didn't seem to throw shit ineffective punches just bided his time for the right shots and it worked a treat (tu)

Has that fight been officially called off yet?

There was picture of Gamboa at Mayweather's gym on the day he was meant to be at the presser in New York.

I don't think it's official but it's as good as.

This was the one I was looking forward to the most as well.

I saw some guy called Ola Afolabi boxing the other week on the telly, he won and he was terrific, anyone know much about him? Think he's British, had UJ shorts on but he sounds like a yank.

Every punch hit and hurt his opponent, he wasn't even punching often just fucking belters when he did (tu)

He was on the haye v klitsko bill last year , Looked impressive last week and he is now the number 1 contender to fight huck for the cruiserweight title

He was on the haye v klitsko bill last year , Looked impressive last week and he is now the number 1 contender to fight huck for the cruiserweight title

Huck has moved back down to cruiserweight so that fight will happen. Should be good.

I don't think it's official but it's as good as.

This was the one I was looking forward to the most as well.

Me too.

Gamboa is apparently signing with Mayweather Promotions, so that likelihood of that fight ever happening has decreased.

Not exactly a thriller was it?

I would like to see Mitchell vs Burns next. I would say Burns would win but I think Mitchell has the ability to make it more interesting than what we have seen tonight. Unfortunately, we will probably see Crolla or Rees. :anguish:

The Appleby fight wasn't bad (bit of a hometown decision mind) but the most entertaining moment on the undercard was a fat man getting blown out in half a round.

Did anyone see Lopez v Salido 2? It's a must see.

I watched it, good fight.

Jaunma could fight Salido 10000 times and he'd lose 9999. Salido is simply far better technically, his punches are shorter and tighter. His base position is far more compact and he throws combos with intent.

Jaunma has power and a tonne of heart but he gets very sloppy and open. Shame.

I watched it, good fight.

Jaunma could fight Salido 10000 times and he'd lose 9999. Salido is simply far better technically, his punches are shorter and tighter. His base position is far more compact and he throws combos with intent.

Jaunma has power and a tonne of heart but he gets very sloppy and open. Shame.

Lopez should move up in weight. His chin was good last night but he can only take so much, and the punches that ended the fight were devastating. Incredibly two of the judges had Juanma ahead and the other had it a draw I think.

Looks like Saldio will fight Mikey Garcia next after he beat Concepcion last night. I favour Garcia in that one. Very good boxer.

Lopez should move up in weight. His chin was good last night but he can only take so much, and the punches that ended the fight were devastating. Incredibly two of the judges had Juanma ahead and the other had it a draw I think.

Looks like Saldio will fight Mikey Garcia next after he beat Concepcion last night. I favour Garcia in that one. Very good boxer.

Aye, I seen the judges cards, good job Salido brought his own judges.

I'd favour Garcia also, only slightly though. He looks like he has a few more gears to go up to. Love his jab.

On another note, I was planning on going to Burns/Moses, so glad I didn't and the notion will never cross my mind again after hearing the crowd sing just can't get enough and other songs sung by the tims.