Gareth Bale won PFA POTY?!

Boab

6 - Gareth Bale has six goal assists in his Premier League career & just one this season - Optajoe

Its been said from some journalists down south on twitter that that is the noises right now.

He really been that good?

If true this is a joke, he never starred in the EPL he wasnt even spurs best player!!

Nani tevez adam parker VDV ashley cole, evra, nasri... so many players that have been far better than him this season!!! unbelievable

My jaw dropped when I read this, it surely cannot be true? :lol:

He has one thing on his side - pace.

Indeed, and what happens when his pace goes? He can't beat a man with footwork, he just knocks it past and runs. He's not particularly good at crossing either. He has one weapon that makes him a dangerous winger at this point in time but this point in time will not last forever.

If this is true its a joke, they are doing it on because of his CL Form, which has nothing to do with the EPL. Hes not done much this season, the volley ( at stoke IIRC ? ) was about the best thing hes done.

Indeed, and what happens when his pace goes? He can't beat a man with footwork, he just knocks it past and runs. He's not particularly good at crossing either. He has one weapon that makes him a dangerous winger at this point in time but this point in time will not last forever.

Exactly, and he luck can only last for so long, once one manager 'tames' him and his pace, then the other managers will soon catch on and his pace will be useless, making him useless.

If this is true its a joke, they are doing it on because of his CL Form, which has nothing to do with the EPL. Hes not done much this season, the volley ( at stoke IIRC ? ) was about the best thing hes done.

It's the PFA's Player of the Year Award, so it's not just limited to Premier League performances.

That said, I personally don't think Bale was the best player this season - I would have given the award to Luis Nani.

But Bale has probably generated more column inches than any other player this season and for the neutral, he's arguably the most exciting player to watch.

It's the PFA's Player of the Year Award, so it's not just limited to Premier League performances.

That said, I personally don't think Bale was the best player this season - I would have given the award to Luis Nani.

But Bale has probably generated more column inches than any other player this season and for the neutral, he's arguably the most exciting player to watch.

IMO Yaya Toure has been outstanding this season, so underated for his performances and has scored a good number of goals from his midfield role, and also created an ammount of goals, one that has been overlooked to me.

IMO Yaya Toure has been outstanding this season, so underated for his performances and has scored a good number of goals from his midfield role, and also created an ammount of goals, one that has been overlooked to me.

Yaya Toure is immense.

He has everything.

Fukin bullshit. A few good games and you get called POTY. FS.

Should have gone to Samir Nasri (tu)

No it shouldn't have, had a wee spell of impressiveness but didn't have any assists...James Beattie has had 3.

Ridiculous, good player definitely, but overhyped and inconsistent. Very ordinary in the league this season.

Premier League Team of the Year: Van der Sar (Man Utd), Sagna (Arsenal), Cole (Chelsea), Vidic (Man Utd), Kompany (Man City), Nani (Man Utd), Nasri (Arsenal), Wilshere (Arsenal), Bale (Tottenham), Tevez (Man City), Berbatov (Man Utd)

Adam and Parker were nominated for players of the year, but aren't named in the team of the year. Nani is deservedly in the team, but wasn't nominated for player of the year. Joke awards.