***Craig Whyte thread***

JackAlex93

Do you think ally is truly happy with his squad as things stand ?

Well, he's renewed the contracts of McGregor, Whittaker and Davis. He's also signed 7 new players, and only lost Bouggy from last season's team. Ye could count Diouf and Weiss as well if ye like, but he still has a bigger squad. And he signed the players he did.

I'm sure he'd like a striker, but since we don't have CL money coming in next season, I'd think this would be taken into consideration. Whether it was budgeted for or not.

All I'm saying is, don't be so quick tae blame Craig Whyte. He's maybe not spent £5m, but he never said he would. He said it was available.

The worry for me is not how much he has or hasn't spent, it's the thought of Healy and Beattie being our backup to Jelavic and Lafferty (a pairing that's not exactly thrilled this season so far themselves).

Lafferty did OK at the tail end of last season, but let's not forget, when he blows pish he blows really pish (would we have won the league last season without Miller's goals ?).

you said playing tonight, then pick a game from a fortnight ago :dry:

the team that lost to malmo at home are on papaer better than malmo, not whytes fault that the team and management made a cunt of it

If we were playing tonight, then that team with bocanegra in for Wallace would beat a shitty European team like Maribor.

If we can all recognise that every comment is a Rangers fanatic who cares then think before you judge me.

Rangers required more quality and still do. We all knew this fact at the onset. Whyte has never really backed our manager to resolve these deficiencies.

I question any Rangers fan who casts any accusation against our players or management. Where is the sustained investment? Where is Craig Whyte? Why did our club inform the global media of the Jela bid being insufficient? Whyte wants to recoup finance because he has no working capital just like AJ and MB stated.

We are a proud and gallant football club lets stop bickering about the reality. I love everything about Glasgow Rangers but trust nothing about Gordon Smith or Craig Whyte.

Nobody or anyone is bigger than Glasgow Rangers

Do you believe me?

If we can all recognise that every comment is a Rangers fanatic who cares then think before you judge me.

Rangers required more quality and still do. We all knew this fact at the onset. Whyte has never really backed our manager to resolve these deficiencies.

I question any Rangers fan who casts any accusation against our players or management. Where is the sustained investment? Where is Craig Whyte? Why did our club inform the global media of the Jela bid being insufficient? Whyte wants to recoup finance because he has no working capital just like AJ and MB stated.

We are a proud and gallant football club lets stop bickering about the reality. I love everything about Glasgow Rangers but trust nothing about Gordon Smith or Craig Whyte.

Do you believe me?

Yes

Do you believe me?

you dont trust whyte but trust AJ and MB :dry:

So the new 5 year deals for McGregor, Whittaker, Davis and Wylde cost us fuck all?

Last time I checked that was investing in the 1st team squad

Cost US or cost WHYTE.

Why do people keep on ignoring the fact that Whytes talk of investment or procurement was from external sources ffs.

So the new 5 year deals for McGregor, Whittaker, Davis and Wylde cost us fuck all?

Last time I checked that was investing in the 1st team squad

Correct. Keeping McGregor and Davis is like a signing itself. We could never buy any of them at this present time if they were at other clubs.

you said playing tonight, then pick a game from a fortnight ago :dry:

the team that lost to malmo at home are on papaer better than malmo, not whytes fault that the team and management made a cunt of it

Do you have a link to this bit of fucking paper? This wee gem is trotted out all the time and presented as fact. You got it as wrong as Rangers did.

Cost US or cost WHYTE.

Why do people keep on ignoring the fact that Whytes talk of investment or procurement was from external sources ffs.

When the bank was in control we couldn't even dream of offering these deals. Remember Miller was offered a shite extension thanks to Lloyds.

"by the way guys, I am buying Rangers tomorrow and I'm going to spend £40 million on the club next season"

There's actually some people on here that would argue that was fukkin good without giving it the first thought as to where the money was coming from. :anguish:

Correct. Keeping McGregor and Davis is like a signing itself. We could never buy any of them at this present time if they were at other clubs.

The hassle that Whyte is getting over this is so annoying!

McGregor, Davis and Whittaker in particular will be on BIG money now. Without Whyte these deals would never have happened and all 3 would have left in the summer.

People should cut Whyte some slack!

Do you have a link to this bit of fucking paper? This wee gem is trotted out all the time and presented as fact. You got it as wrong as Rangers did.

the paper i use is the draw for the last 16 of the europa league last season

we were there, malmo and maribor werent, losing to they teams this season was inexcusable, just like thr kaunas result was inexcusable

i know rangers fucked it up, but they shouldnt have

When the bank was in control we couldn't even dream of offering these deals. Remember Miller was offered a shite extension thanks to Lloyds.

I'm not sure what lloyds has yo do with our new owner talking shite and taking us for a ride but thanks for the update.

The wage budget is paid by the club from the clubs income. Whytes money was supposed to be invested or procured BY HIM for player purchases.

yawn he said player squad which means all money involved in building a player squad. wage budget gets paid from our clubs income??? surely we should be lowering it then since our income has went south.

McGregor, Davis and Whittaker in particular will be on BIG money now. Without Whyte these deals would never have happened and all 3 would have left in the summer.

New contracts is maintaining your squad, no club includes extending people's deals when it comes to talking about transfer budgets.

I just hope he hasn't hot his sums wrong on that front.

Whyte wants to recoup finance because he has no working capital just like AJ and MB stated.

Do you believe me?

Unless you can provide quotes from AJ & MB to that effect, no.

I recall many things AJ said - most of them well documented anyway - but I don't recall a statement about Whyte having no working capital.

Where are we standing just now financially as we stand under Whyte in your oppinion mate?

Very hard to say. I'm not sure the books will tell us the full picture either. My concern was always that he didn't have the money it was claimed he had. Nothing has changed my mind on that.

Accounts should devout in next four weeks to pour over. Expect a nice headline though as I feel our debt will be hidden away in trade creditors just like the other mobs.

the paper i use is the draw for the last 16 of the europa league last season

we were there, malmo and maribor werent, losing to they teams this season was inexcusable, just like thr kaunas result was inexcusable

i know rangers fucked it up, but they shouldnt have

Try using the CL Q4 draw and the EL group stage as it's current.