Ally to go by Thursday?

Boab

We're not the most demanding supports

That's my whole point

The majority clearly feel we haven't reached the point where change is imminently required. Ally still has room to change opinion, whether it be to his benefit or downfall, with his job being brought into question you can bet that the support are watching closely and tbh I believe this season is either sink or swim for Ally.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority clearly feel we haven't reached the point where change is imminently required. Ally still has room to change opinion, whether it be to his benefit or downfall, with his job being brought into question you can bet that the support are watching closely and tbh I believe this season is either sink or swim for Ally.

I appreciate that type of post and its fair enough

However I believe prevention is better than cure and the Super Ally brigade make things worse, sorry (tu)

Yeah but followings and support change all the time how can you compare the support of 30 years ago to now?

Easy - they are all Rangers supporters. Why would you think it's so much different and what is it you think is different?

Back then, when we weren't winning league titles and the football was rank, tens of thousands of them walked until we showed we would improve.

The idea the support isn't demanding doesn't hold water.

Easy - they are all Rangers supporters. Why would you think it's so much different and what is it you think is different?

Back then, when we weren't winning league titles and the football was rank, tens of thousands of them walked until we showed we would improve.

The idea the support isn't demanding doesn't hold water.

There's always demands at a team like us but the support would happily sacrifice our winning mentality and being the worlds most successful club for giving McCoist a free reign - straight swap

Not for me sorry

I take winning more seriously than others

I appreciate that type of post and its fair enough

However I believe prevention is better than cure and the Super Ally brigade make things worse, sorry (tu)

People supporting McCoist - for whatever their reason - make things worse? I think McCoist deserves a chance at a normal season and I know that can't happen until next season. By normal I mean no transfer ban of any sort to contend with, some stability about the club and his chance to buy and sell players as so many others have been able to do.

I have no idea why you think that makes things worse - who is it making it worse for and how is it doing so?

I've explained why it makes things worse it encourages a trend which in turn makes directors a d CEOs think he's untouchable

He'd have been binned ages ago if it was anyone else without this level of support

Is it only me that sees this?

There's always demands at a team like us but the support would happily sacrifice our winning mentality and being the worlds most successful club for giving McCoist a free reign - straight swap

Not for me sorry

I take winning more seriously than others

You just said we aren't a demanding support!

And, JG, the idea that you take winning more seriously than others has no basis in fact. I've just highlighted what can happen when we weren't winning titles.

Ibrox emptied - were the tens of thousands who wouldn't accept it taking winning seriously? Were those of us who still followed not taking it seriously?

People supporting McCoist - for whatever their reason - make things worse? I think McCoist deserves a chance at a normal season and I know that can't happen until next season. By normal I mean no transfer ban of any sort to contend with, some stability about the club and his chance to buy and sell players as so many others have been able to do.

I have no idea why you think that makes things worse - who is it making it worse for and how is it doing so?

Transfer ban issues are a red herring when we're playing at this level.

Moses mate lets cut the back and forth rhetoric

Simple question

Do you think we should be deserving and aiming higher? In regards to performances and results since McCoist took over

Lets leave excuses and what might happen in your opinion in the future to the side

What you've seen with your own two eyes, be honest....

I've explained why it makes things worse it encourages a trend which in turn makes directors a d CEOs think he's untouchable

He'd have been binned ages ago if it was anyone else without this level of support

Is it only me that sees this?

Rangers directors have gotten rid of (one way or another) people every bit as popular with the support as McCoist.

Jock Wallace felt the need to leave on the back of winning a treble! Can you even begin to imagine how popular he was with the support at that time?

Rangers directors have gotten rid of (one way or another) people every bit as popular with the support as McCoist.

Jock Wallace felt the need to leave on the back of winning a treble! Can you even begin to imagine how popular he was with the support at that time?

Different directors getting rid of different people in different decades mate

It's not the same ages - you've said so yourself bud

I predict with an air of certainty, backed with information from reliable sources within Ibrox, that Ally will be gone sometime in the future.

I'll even wager on the fact.

Anything else is mere speculation and innuendo.

Whet sort if timeframe roughly? Out of curiosity?

Transfer ban issues are a red herring when we're playing at this level.

The transfer ban was a red herring when we had next to no players last summer and, what was it, a week to sort it out?

That's an incredible claim to make. Utterly ridiculous in fact - as proved by the quality of player McCoist has went for this summer when he's had both the time and Mather willing to back him.

And it's a red herring this summer when McCoist has no choice but to chop and change the team wildly from one week to the next?

:000000082:

No wonder Jesus wept.

The transfer ban was a red herring when we had next to no players last summer and, what was it, a week to sort it out?

That's an incredible claim to make. Utterly ridiculous in fact - as proved by the quality of player McCoist has went for this summer when he's had both the time and Mather willing to back him.

And it's a red herring this summer when McCoist has no choice but to chop and change the team wildly from one week to the next?

:000000082:

No wonder Jesus wept.

We had about a month to sort it last summer and 9 players came in, more than enough for the third division. McCoist's activity this summer shows his short term, spend spend attitude to sort the problems. That's not to say I won't enjoy watching these signings or that they won't make a difference but it's still far more than we need for a part time division. The signings being missing is no excuse whatsoever for losing to Forfar either.

I'd rather that once we are spending transfer fees again we give it to a better manager to spend.

Different directors getting rid of different people in different decades mate

It's not the same ages - you've said so yourself bud

You plucked an opinion from somewhere - and you can't back it with any evidence because there is none. The ages differ - the demand for success from the Rangers support hasn't changed.

Moses mate lets cut the back and forth rhetoric

Simple question

Do you think we should be deserving and aiming higher? In regards to performances and results since McCoist took over

Lets leave excuses and what might happen in your opinion in the future to the side

What you've seen with your own two eyes, be honest....

I can't accept that McCoist could have done anything much more about the administration nightmare season under that cunt Whyte.

First season in charge thereafter - transfer ban and all the other storms raging around the club he helped a team of youngsters and a few decent pros to win the league he had to compete in.

He'll do so again this year - I'm not for sacking McCoist until he has his chance at a normal season. Or he fails to win one of the lower league titles. I'd also expect McCoist to know better than anyone when his time is up.

He was dedicated enough to show us the respect I felt we deserved from those at the club when Whyte tried all he could to destroy us - he has earned the right to have that respect shown to him.

Poor, inconsistent performances and some dodgy results are inevitable from a hugely imbalanced team such as McCoist had to work with last season. I'd expect much, much less of it this season - after things settle down in September when McCoist can regularly field his preferred line-up.

We had about a month to sort it last summer and 9 players came in, more than enough for the third division. McCoist's activity this summer shows his short term, spend spend attitude to sort the problems. That's not to say I won't enjoy watching these signings or that they won't make a difference but it's still far more than we need for a part time division. The signings being missing is no excuse whatsoever for losing to Forfar either.

I'd rather that once we are spending transfer fees again we give it to a better manager to spend.

McCoist cannot spend a single penny on transfers and, furthermore, cannot spend a single penny without the agreement of the board. Are you seriously trying to criticise him for making efforts to deliver the best team he can for us?

I've not offered an excuse for Forfar - it was fucking ridiculous. But, I'm not reacting hysterically either and demanding we sack the manager.

I've not offered an excuse for Forfar - it was fucking ridiculous. But, I'm not reacting hysterically either and demanding we sack the manager.

I'm not okay with the Forfar result, but I keep remembering that Ally had to play the team he essentially was trying to replace. That, and every team loses matches they shouldn't. This wasn't our first terrible result and it won't be the last, no matter who the manager is.

If McCoist was to be sacked it would make a bit of a mess of Greens comments on SSN yesterday. How can the bar be set at the league plus a cup if you fire the manager before the league season starts? As for his comments on Green, why sack the manager for comments about comments by a consultant. Again it would make a mess of what Green was saying on SSN, "Mather is doing a great job, let him get on with it".

As for Guidi, it's a great way of taking folks eyes of the mounting problems at c****c with their fans. With two parts of their ground closed I wonder just how many season books they have actually sold? Likewise they're not exactly dead certs to progress in the CL play off tonight.

Keep telling yourself this, you might even make yourself believe it. Do you honestly believe that Green wants to spend cash on transfer fees? If the club is in such financial peril as some would have us believe, where would this transfer cash come from? Maybe by selling our best players perhaps, but where would that leave the the league plus a cup demand?

You plucked an opinion from somewhere - and you can't back it with any evidence because there is none. The ages differ - the demand for success from the Rangers support hasn't changed.

I can't accept that McCoist could have done anything much more about the administration nightmare season under that cunt Whyte.

First season in charge thereafter - transfer ban and all the other storms raging around the club he helped a team of youngsters and a few decent pros to win the league he had to compete in.

He'll do so again this year - I'm not for sacking McCoist until he has his chance at a normal season. Or he fails to win one of the lower league titles. I'd also expect McCoist to know better than anyone when his time is up.

He was dedicated enough to show us the respect I felt we deserved from those at the club when Whyte tried all he could to destroy us - he has earned the right to have that respect shown to him.

Poor, inconsistent performances and some dodgy results are inevitable from a hugely imbalanced team such as McCoist had to work with last season. I'd expect much, much less of it this season - after things settle down in September when McCoist can regularly field his preferred line-up.

...Spot on mate..

Green and Stockbridge both said today his job was secure.

I don't think they have the balls to do it right now. This EGM call will play out first, the manager isn't really that important right now. If Green's team survive a vote then it might well be the first thing they do.