Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

Tesco have PS4's up on their direct site... but it says they MAY cancel orders that don't have a pre-order coupon attached. Tempted to chance it!

PS4 + FIFA 14 + Battlefield 4 + Playstation Plus = £405 (£50 discount, £10 off voucher and I have £25 worth of clubcard points to use.)

Tesco have PS4's up on their direct site... but it says they MAY cancel orders that don't have a pre-order coupon attached. Tempted to chance it!

PS4 + FIFA 14 + Battlefield 4 + Playstation Plus = £405 (£50 discount, £10 off voucher and I have £25 worth of clubcard points to use.)

edit.

I can get the PS4 console, cod ghosts and the ps plus for £395 or so using my dads staff discount in tesco.

How long do you think it would take tesco or indeed any other shop to clear through there pre order backlog so they can start selling the consoles as normal?

I can get the PS4 console, cod ghosts and the ps plus for £395 or so using my dads staff discount in tesco.

How long do you think it would take tesco or indeed any other shop to clear through there pre order backlog so they can start selling the consoles as normal?

Lucky to get it for Chrimbo, Sony reckon 2 or 3 months after release shelves will be full to walk in and buy.

Lucky to get it for Chrimbo, Sony reckon 2 or 3 months after release shelves will be full to walk in and buy.

If you want to chance it on the day.. your best bet is john lewis. They don't do pre-orders so it will be first come first serve. You'll also get a 2 year guarantee with them!

Tesco stores and the likes have plenty of stock that isn't reserved(think it's just killzone bundles though).. but as Tesco will be one of the first places that people go to on the day, they could sell out fast!

Online.. shopto, simplygames and afew others still have release day bundles available.

If you want to chance it on the day.. your best is john lewis. They don't do pre-orders so it will be first come first serve. You'll also get a 2 year guarantee with them!

Tesco stores and the likes have plenty of stock that isn't reserved(think it's just killzone bundles though).. but as Tesco will one of the first places that people go to on the day, they could sell out fast!

Online.. shopto, simplygames and afew others still have release day bundles available.

I was on the phone to Shopto last week as i've got 1 console each ordered from there, Said my mate wanted to pre order a PS4 from them what was the chances of getting one...No chance for launch of either console and doubtful for Christmas was his answer.

I was on the phone to Shopto last week as i've got 1 console each ordered from there, Said my mate wanted to pre order a PS4 from them what was the chances of getting one...No chance for launch of either console and doubtful for Christmas was his answer.

Pretty sure the bundles your talking about are for the folk that preordered as they have the chance to swap about until launch.

Their website wallpaper guarantees Xbox One's for Christmas.

They still have one PS4 bundle on their site with this disclaimer.

"We are so confident that you will receive PS4 Console + Killzone Shadow Fall + PS Plus 365 Day Subscription for Friday 29th of November 2013 that if for ANY reason you do not we will compensate you with £5.00 to your account. " (Only if pre-ordered by 12pm on Wednesday 27th of November 2013)

Solus editions have been sold out for ages.. but bundles can still be found online quite easily.

Just telling you what they told me on the phone ;)

Unless they have had major cancellations for the PS4... i cant see how they could of went from no chance of having it at launch to easily being available.

Simplygames still have a bundle too.

http://www.simplygam...rging-Cable-PS4

19 Days Until Release

Out 29th November 2013

Item will arrive by the day of release!!

Also Sony UK's chief doesn't seem to think people will have to wait a long time either.

Contrary to recent reports of months upon months of PS4 shortages, Sony UK’s Fergal Gara has suggested that the second wave of PlayStation 4 stock will likely be arriving in days, rather than weeks or months, after launch.

Speaking with Eurogamer at EGX, Gara said Sony are continuing to work with retailers regarding final allocations.

“Everybody who has pre-ordered to date will definitely get a console prior to Christmas. The cut-off date for that was 5th August” confirmed Gara. “The overall volume point about the UK in those first few weeks of launch is substantial. We will fully catch up demand, probably not before Christmas but relatively quickly thereafter. That’s my current expectation.”

“So, a bit tight for the first few weeks before evening out quite quickly.”

Gara explained that some retailers have already stopped taking pre-orders whilst others are working on a first-come, first-served basis. He also said that unless Sony UK were “pleasantly surprised by a bigger launch day volume than expected” it is unlikely there will be PS4 units on retailers’ shelves.

“But a second batch of stock will be within the week probably, so we’re not talking about droughts for months and months,” he added.