king statement

bawsburst

There was always going to be a new share offering

Why stir the shit and cause disruption?

He could easily have waited til after the 120 days and the interim results

I suspect he's not got the cash

You suggested you'd heard he didn't have the cash. I've no idea, although not having the cash and still trying to get involved is in itself worrying.

Why bother? Why not live in his luxury home in SA without the hassle?

Hope you're right CC but I believe this will turn into a game if brinkmanship. There are some ruthless people with a sizeable interest in Rangers. People like them don't run away readily.

I predict a widespread campaign by the RST and alike to hold ST money in a trust rather than renewing.

It's been a game of brinkmanship for months. The get-rich-quick mob have been trying desperately to force DK to attempt a takeover bid. So far he has resisted. The question now is how the likes of Laxey, BPH and Margarita will react to a season ticket boycott. They could, as BB has suggested, threaten to close the club down and sell the assets, but I suspect that they wouldn't get enough support. That having been said, 65% voted for Stockbridge, so you never know!

Good summary of the thread.

A sad footnote is that it has descended into Bear v Bear again (with the odd agent provocateur mixing it to vile effect).

Knock of the hefty abuse guys... I like a laugh and have the occasional bit of needle with some guys on here (you know who you are) but one thing I could never argue with them about is their absolute passion and love for Rangers. So let's hope there are no casualties of war tonight as we aspire to tear each other to cyber-shreds, post by post.

I do not like the emotive language that Dave King has chosen in the statement; not one bit. But I do not trust and have no great love for some of the current board either. To coin a phrase, often used by us about players, the Brothers Easdale are not 'Rangers Class.'

Like any Rangers fan, because of the past couple of years, I wield a shield of scepticism... and it is a heavy shield. Sometimes it can be a weary burden. We all want the same thing... so if we can have these differences of opinion and still remain brothers with the same ultimate aim, then perhaps we can move forward, even a little, as a fanbase.

This trend I see on here of wishing (almost willing) someone to be wrong about these huge issues just to point-score is starting to become pathetic. The very fabric of our great club hangs by these issues. So, let's keep the raging, flaming pseudo-telekinesis by keyboard at a minimum.

To wish bad karma on a fellow fan is to wish heartache upon yourself.

Stop it. It's stupid.

Well said, ''without people you're nothing'

Not if you want your money to go to your company. We may have to differ in opinion.

So the best way is to potentially disrupt the Club's chances of stability?

Really disheartening seeing bickering between supporters and having the focus taken away from Football again, I think I need a stiff drink to get my heid around all of this.

Dave King won't take us into Administration directly, but if he keeps up this talk of withholding season ticket money and enough fuds listen to him, then there is a very real chance of Admin 2.

I think dave king would be good for the club.just my opinion.but he wont be putting me off renewing my season ticket.i make my own decisions.

Please refrain from telling me what to do.

He does not want control and he does not want Rangers to be owned or controlled by one body.

His aim (from what I can make out) is to purchase shares from a new issue and have those pooled with other large shareholdings from wealthy fans. This brings funds to the club and a voice in the boardroom.

So he does not want control but he just wants to control others is that it?

A man with no shares whatsoever, today told us that we should not purchase our season tickets directly from our club (not his).

He is sure acting like a control freak.

A man with no shares whatsoever, today told us that we should not purchase our season tickets directly from our club (not his).

He want's the likes of Laxey, Margarita and Blue pitch out and a Dave King backed fans movement in, the only way he sees this as achievable is through a ring fencing of ST money, which would starve them out.

He did not tell us, nor did he order us - he suggested that we move with caution. He urged us to consider his proposal - you CHOOSE to listen or follow.

He does suggest that he would lead a fans group and as a previous director at the club, I suggest there may not be many better to take on that role.

I don't believe it was DK grand plan to take us into admin. It's clear to me he wants any money he invests to benefit the club.

Given the financial situation at the club I suspect he finds it difficult to understand why the current board do not favour an underwritten share issue to generate much needed funds.

DAVE King has dismissed as a pipedream the idea Rangers could ever be owned and operated by its fans.

The Ibrox director says his club's supporters already invest more in their team than any other followers in the world and it's unrealistic to expect more.

He says the concept of fan ownership, backed by bodies such as the Rangers Trust, won bank and Murray Group support during the club's darkest days last season.

But he emphatically stated it was always a non-starter in his eyes and there is no great groundswell of support for fan ownership among the majority of the Light Blues legions.

I don't believe it was DK grand plan to take us into admin. It's clear to me he wants any money he invests to benefit the club.

Given the financial situation at the club I suspect he finds it difficult to understand why the current board do not favour an underwritten share issue to generate much needed funds.

What are your thoughts on it? Why would a board not consider this an option, and instead take a heavy weighted loan from an existing shareholder? Why would that existing shareholder make that loan so heavily weighted in their favour?

It just does not sit right with me.

DAVE King has dismissed as a pipedream the idea Rangers could ever be owned and operated by its fans.

The Ibrox director says his club's supporters already invest more in their team than any other followers in the world and it's unrealistic to expect more.

He says the concept of fan ownership, backed by bodies such as the Rangers Trust, won bank and Murray Group support during the club's darkest days last season.

But he emphatically stated it was always a non-starter in his eyes and there is no great groundswell of support for fan ownership among the majority of the Light Blues legions.

There is now (tu) even he cant ignore it.

What are your thoughts on it? Why would a board not consider this an option, and instead take a heavy weighted loan from an existing shareholder? Why would that existing shareholder make that loan so heavily weighted in their favour?

It just does not sit right with me.

Timing is everything, the loan is hardly a huge one. Seems King wants a new share issue yesterday, the board probably aren't ready.

There is now (tu) even he cant ignore it.

There wasn't before this morning when he had his u turn

He is up to something but people can't, or don't want to see it

This is not about £1.5 million in loans

That was just the trigger for them to make their move as they didn't dare wait for the interims and the 120 day review in case it was favourable news