*** RM Sponsors' Fund - NEW SEASON - JOIN NOW! ***

govanblue

Aye, the n

Aye, the nights are fair drawin' in, eh?

I'll start an official discussion thread sometime soon - that should be more interesting.

Us bumpy's are struggling - a wee discussion thread will living it up (tu) !!

The Rangers Sponsorship team (almost all our dealings in this area are with one Senior Sales Executive, but because this is a public forum, I don't like to name anyone, so I continue to refer to "The Rangers Sponsorship / Hospitality Team") sent a quick note saying they'll be in touch early next week.

As I recall, Barrie McKay was sponsored before he went on loan, so his sponsor may want to renew.

The biggest problem with us changing players is that:

We have a very good relationship with the Rangers Sponsorship team, but so do many other Sponsors.

In fact, many other sponsors are limited companies, and so they also buy lots of corporate hospitality and Special-Event/Gala-Dinner tickets off the club too, which we don't, cos we don't have that kind of money.

Another difference between us and many other sponsors is that they have a boss and can make a decision instantly, but we have to discuss it with the members over many days, make shortlists, deal with comedy-diversions, do twitter searches for the past 5 years, have polls, it's a draw, have another poll, too late, the player has retired! etc. etc.

This means that we are always unlikely to be first in the queue for anything particularly tasty.

Last season it took a huge amount of work and time (and me messing Rangers Sponsorship team around) to make the switch from Darren Cole to Nicky Law - I feel we won a watch with that one, considering the other options, and Rangers Spons/Hosp Team had to muck about a few other sponsors who were also wanting to know who was available, while we decided whether or not we wanted Law.

And I am very reluctant to go through that again, when all things considered

a: We have had a decent return from Nicky Law & Seb Faure. Two players who haven't let us down on the field or off it.

b: It's not about who we sponsor, it's about helping the club - and in my opinion the best way we can help the club is by saying "2 automatic renewals please" - thus allowing them to get on with the job of selling the remaining slots.

In the interests of transparency, here's an excerpt from my last email to them...

"There were a couple of murmurs amongst our members, regarding possibly changing our players. I really don’t want to, but if the members demand it, I’ll have to pursue it.

So while I try to talk them out of it, could you just have a think about who would be available if we did want to swap."

And they replied that they'll be in touch early next week with an update.

So we'll see what our options are then hopefully. (tu)

The Rangers Sponsorship team (almost all our dealings in this area are with one Senior Sales Executive, but because this is a public forum, I don't like to name anyone, so I continue to refer to "The Rangers Sponsorship / Hospitality Team") sent a quick note saying they'll be in touch early next week.

As I recall, Barrie McKay was sponsored before he went on loan, so his sponsor may want to renew.

The biggest problem with us changing players is that:

We have a very good relationship with the Rangers Sponsorship team, but so do many other Sponsors.

In fact, many other sponsors are limited companies, and so they also buy lots of corporate hospitality and Special-Event/Gala-Dinner tickets off the club too, which we don't, cos we don't have that kind of money.

Another difference between us and many other sponsors is that they have a boss and can make a decision instantly, but we have to discuss it with the members over many days, make shortlists, deal with comedy-diversions, do twitter searches for the past 5 years, have polls, it's a draw, have another poll, too late, the player has retired! etc. etc.

This means that we are always unlikely to be first in the queue for anything particularly tasty.

Last season it took a huge amount of work and time (and me messing Rangers Sponsorship team around) to make the switch from Darren Cole to Nicky Law - I feel we won a watch with that one, considering the other options, and Rangers Spons/Hosp Team had to muck about a few other sponsors who were also wanting to know who was available, while we decided whether or not we wanted Law.

And I am very reluctant to go through that again, when all things considered

a: We have had a decent return from Nicky Law & Seb Faure. Two players who haven't let us down on the field or off it.

b: It's not about who we sponsor, it's about helping the club - and in my opinion the best way we can help the club is by saying "2 automatic renewals please" - thus allowing them to get on with the job of selling the remaining slots.

In the interests of transparency, here's an excerpt from my last email to them...

"There were a couple of murmurs amongst our members, regarding possibly changing our players. I really don’t want to, but if the members demand it, I’ll have to pursue it.

So while I try to talk them out of it, could you just have a think about who would be available if we did want to swap."

And they replied that they'll be in touch early next week with an update.

So we'll see what our options are then hopefully. (tu)

2 automatic renewals please ( yes I do agree with everything GB says - he is just like Ally in that respect xx)

Govanblue.

Fair comments. I want to agree with you.

However BP9 agrees which clearly renders your suggestion is as nonsensical.

I will go for ANY other option. :thumbup:

GB does a great job, as does Ally, .... Just agree it's the right thing to do.

He's implying you're pocketing the cash to go on yer holidays :lol:

Aha!

That's not so bad, I thought it was implying that I was unscrupulous in launching it at a time when folk needed their money for their holidays. :lol: