Cricket

Just reading about how Steve Smith’s new bowling action (modelled around Afridi) has proven pretty successful in its first venture. 

Got me thinking about how Smith’s probably taken this opportunity to spend a full year in the nets dealing with any part of his game he’s not satisfied with. 

It’ll take him a few to get going again, but I can see him returning to Smith of old before the end of 2019.

23 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I remember the South Africans grumbling about Jennings choosing to play for England.

Bullet dodged South Africa.

Constantly picked in front of Vince. I thought playing at Hampshire's ground would see the selectors make that change. His dismissal was shocking today...I've seen better effort at my local cricket ground on a Sunday morning with the 2nd XI...

I did grumble at the tv when I saw Root all pleased with himself at getting to bat 1st...why do that when your top order is in a slump..??..

I said during the Pakistan series that Moeen Ali was treated like shit on the back of a poor winter and that the selectors forgot he had been outstanding in the last three or Four English summers and surprise suprise the wee guy has stepped up and pulled England out of the shit again with bat and ball.

6 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I'd love to see a ball smash right into Kohli's face.

He is a bit of an arrogant arse at times.

I'm just wondering if Curran wins man of the series...Will he be the 1st man to win it and to have been dropped in the same series..??.

The boy looks very comfortable and professional.

33 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Cook retiring after the next test. So instead of one new opener England are now looking for two!

Cook has only had about 2 or 3 decent innings since he gave up the captaincy , even the latter stages of his captaincy he struggled with the bat....in saying that he had a spell for a few years when he was unbelievable, the right decision for him to step down.

Beautiful 4 clipped away by Cook for another 50 in his final Test. Guaranteed to finish with a career average of 45 now. Truly magnificent.:bow:,

I've been one of his biggest fans over the years..and have given him stick the last couple of years but I will definitely miss The Chef!..