Cricket

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The review system is ridiculous tbh. 

VAR would work better in cricket than football as there's plenty of time to have a check in between deliveries. 

Tbh mate 

This was only down to Aussie incompetance. They used up their last review on a previous call. That was never going to be out 

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Tbh mate 

This was only down to Aussie incompetance. They used up their last review on a previous call. That was never going to be out 

Aye I get that, but surely for the integrity of the game you would want the ability for the rules to be correctly applied consistently. 

Knowing there is a quick review on every decision would cut out the need to have stupid reviews (I haven't seen the one they wasted yet).

49 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Tbh mate 

Exactly....I said it at the time that I would be crucial....their last call was out of desperation and came back to bite them on the arse

32 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The joy of seeing that Aussie bravado and swagger slipping away was a delight. 

Warner especially had been back to his cocksure arrogant worst. And Lyon missing that stumping was lovely.

When Stokes went 4;6;6 you could sense it was going to be a good day.

Rangers won

Man City win

and the Ashes is all to play for.  What a good day.

at that moment .England went from 4/1 to odds on .Wish I had put at least a fiver on at start of the day .Ridiculous outsiders 

I actually sensed it was going to happen .No idea why ,as it looked over 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

at that moment .England went from 4/1 to odds on .Wish I had put at least a fiver on at start of the day .Ridiculous outsiders 

I was chatting with a few friends who had a few quid on an England win at pretty good odds. I no longer bet. 

It was more hope I had and it was very nice that my hope was rewarded.

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

I was chatting with a few friends who had a few quid on an England win at pretty good odds. I no longer bet. 

It was more hope I had and it was very nice that my hope was rewarded.

Got to be honest .I was very happy too 

So many media pundits slagging them all off .What a gifuy to those critics 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

My big mate told me that they were 12/1 at the last wicket....I laughed.....10mins later it was 11/2....the rest is history 

The aussie captain was seriously at fault, continually allowing England to get a single with second last ball pretty much over to all stokes on strike at the start of each over. Pretty poor. 

England carried huge luck with the lbw missed call, but mainly aussie poor captaincy the main reason with some Stokes brilliance.

What s weekend and even getting stuck on the motorway for 2 hours coming home last night couldn’t get the smile off my face. 

Woke up yesterday morning and mate text to say a player had left hospitality tickets for us so off we went hoping rather than thinking we could do it. 

Jack Larch played well in his Monty Panesar role 😂😂. But as for Sir Ben , what can we say.  He was outstanding 🏏🏏🏏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 23/08/2019 at 21:22, kplfishtank said:

Heading down first thing. Hopefully it’s all over tomorrow and I get refund for Sunday ticket and get to see bears game before heading home. 

Threw away the chance to win ashes to win a 50 over cup 😡😡

4 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

What s weekend and even getting stuck on the motorway for 2 hours coming home last night couldn’t get the smile off my face. 

Woke up yesterday morning and mate text to say a player had left hospitality tickets for us so off we went hoping rather than thinking we could do it. 

Jack Larch played well in his Monty Panesar role 😂😂. But as for Sir Ben , what can we say.  He was outstanding 🏏🏏🏏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Hope you're not too upset you didn't get your refund! :pipe: 

England bowling in what can be described as "blustery" conditions at Old Trafford this morning. 

Get a few early wickets and see if the convicts crumble. 

Broad gets Warner again. 

Broad strokes again. 29/2. 

Need to break up this partnership asap. These two have shown quality and resilience and could be the difference.