It starts with a shambolic board

thehost

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're not doing big picture are you?

We are not getting the required level of investment needed to secure the quality of player to compete in this league and to put the ball in the back of the net consistently enough.

Quality does actually count and if you believe we have the quality in this team to challenge for anything this season, you are deluded.

We've dominated every game bar one and despite having dropped points in four games, in each of those games we have been of a higher quality of our opponents and should have won. I believe that, prior to the Celtic game at least, statistically we had created the most chances and given up the least opportunities in the league. We have the pieces we just aren't putting the picture together properly.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You will not win this league with a transfer budget of around 2mill and a wage budget paying over the hill players too much money. 

Also before the usual muppets start screaming the last board this and that, they funded the gardener with more than enough money to win those leagues and he fucked up the last one. 

Our wage budget is apparently somewhere around £10m. That should be enough to see of any one of Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Ross County.

48 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I quite like garner and think he will do well but he really wasn't a priority.

The manager had over 1.5 million to spend and he went with another attacking player. 

This all day long.  We've brought in some decent players but the mix hasn't been right. Not strengthening the centre back area to the same extent of the other areas was criminal.

I also think the Barton and NK signings look like a bad misjudgement.  Barton appears to have upset the team spirit we had from (most of) last season and Niko just doesn't look up for the fight. 

Every manager makes some mistakes with their signings. Let's just hope he is around to correct these errors.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Our wage budget is apparently somewhere around £10m. That should be enough to see of any one of Kilmarnock, Hamilton or Ross County.

So what are you saying that the manager is at fault, if so then the buck stops with the board they appointed him. 

30 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Really?

The fan boys were quick to demand that King be given credit for hiring him. Can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

And what about you, were you happy with Warburtons appointment?

I thought it was the correct appointment, but now, i think he'll be lucky to see Halloween.

I'm sure you  and your ilk will use it as a stick to beat the guys running the club because that's what your mo is (tu)

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Also where does it say that what you pay someone means they are so much better than a player on less wages. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

So what are you saying that the manager is at fault, if so then the buck stops with the board they appointed him. 

In a way it does. I would expect any board to remove a failing manager, not fall on their sword because they appointed the wrong guy. There'd be a fucking shitload of boardroom changes if boards went all the times instead of managers. To suggest he hasn't been backed financially to beat the likes of Ross County at Ibrox is batshit crazy.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

In a way it does. I would expect any board to remove a failing manager, not fall on their sword because they appointed the wrong guy. There'd be a fucking shitload of boardroom changes if boards went all the times instead of managers. To suggest he hasn't been backed financially to beat the likes of Ross County at Ibrox is batshit crazy.

Why, he has been given just under 2 mill. Listen I think Warburton is his own worst enemy but you can't just say it's all his fault. It's a combination of a board who won't provide the proper funding and a manager who will not change his tactics. 

Gives you the perfect storm for a mid table finish. 

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Wish the board never gave him money so I wouldn't have to sit through watching overpriced dross in Hill, Krancjar and Barton!

Hill I've never understood, Barton and Krancjar I can see an inexperienced manager getting dazzled by the big names and thinking it's the answer. 

1 hour ago, thehost said:

it filters down to an under-invested squad. Irrespective of what the board's fan-stooges produce the proof is on the field.

Under investment, lack of proactive engagement, inability to protect the brand, a disturbing ability to ignore, on the field, self-assessment leads to the dross we see this season.

The manager's position needs reviewed, the board need chased.

Only a WG 1872ite, would be anything other than scunnered.

:lol::lol: 

Why, he has been given just under 2 mill. Listen I think Warburton is his own worst enemy but you can't just say it's all his fault. It's a combination of a board who won't provide the proper funding and a manager who will not change his tactics. 

Gives you the perfect storm for a mid table finish. 

and 10 million a year in wages up from around half that figure last season.

1.5 for Garner

250k Rossiter

250k Dodoo

undisclosed fee for Hodson (60-100k)

60k each for Windass & Crooks (and a wee bit extra to get them released early)

500k for O'Halloran in January.

Then there's wages for Hill, Kranjcar, Gilks & Barton who will all likely be on decent wages (in addition to all the new players we signed (Rossiter is reported to be on 10k p/w)

There was also new deals (and payrises) for several players, including one for Waghorn still being on the table, and the management team.

Other than that though...

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

and 10 million a year in wages up from around half that figure last season.

1.5 for Garner

250k Rossiter

250k Dodoo

undisclosed fee for Hodson (60-100k)

60k each for Windass & Crooks (and a wee bit extra to get them released early)

500k for O'Halloran in January.

Then there's wages for Hill, Kranjcar, Gilks & Barton who will all likely be on decent wages (in addition to all the new players we signed (Rossiter is reported to be on 10k p/w)

There was also new deals (and payrises) for several players, including one for Waghorn still being on the table, and the management team.

Other than that though...

You have this 10mill wages for first team squad from where? You've also made the same point twice on that one (tu) 

Garner is spread over next season so he has only really cost us 750k of actually spend so far. (tu) 

The wage rises I will give you, maybe the board should've waited to see how this squad performed in a higher league, by all means give them a bonus for winning the championship but it should've stopped there. 

You have this 10mill wages for first team squad from where? You've also made the same point twice on that one (tu) 

Garner is spread over next season so he has only really cost us 750k of actually spend so far. (tu) 

The wage rises I will give you, maybe the board should've waited to see how this squad performed in a higher league, by all means give them a bonus for winning the championship but it should've stopped there. 

The board's pal Keith.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We have, by far, the second biggest budget in scottish football.

we've drew with Kilmarnock, Hamilton and now Ross county.

The buck stops with the manager.

Agreed we don't have the cash we once had the issue is that cash wasn't there we know the end result. Clearly to win the league we need extra cash from somewhere but the $64000 question is where and from whom?