Our next generation of fans diluting?

Dlydon81

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question though. I don't think our next generation of fans are diluting at all. My boy hates them.

I actually wore a tarrier strip for a match last year that was for a charity that he directly benefits from and he still wouldn't speak to me for a full day after wearing it.

He's 7.

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

To answer the question though. I don't think our next generation of fans are diluting at all. My boy hates them.

I actually wore a tarrier strip for a match last year that was for a charity that he directly benefits from and he still wouldn't speak to me for a full day after wearing it.

He's 7.

Fuck putting that rag on charity or not,no chance 

2 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's 7.

YOU FUCKING WORE WHAT..No wonder he isn't talking to you.

It's quite natural for young kids to go with the winning team or who their friends support or just go against their dad for a laugh, but 14 and still a turncoat? OP your nephew is a fenian, terrorist loving bastard. Best to just cut ties mate, deny any relations. 

2 hours ago, Dlydon81 said:

I think it's a case of kids 'support' in the early years follows parents as main influence but in their teens they start to firm their own views influenced by their school mates which parents don't have much control over.

Tell your brother in law to get a fkn spine and get them told. Tell him to start actually taking them to the games (especially the older one who actually likes football). Tell him to tell them about the history of the club they think they want to be a fan of them tell them of the history of our great club. Take them on the Ibrox tour. 

Get your sister told to kick the weans baws whenever they say they're supporting them. They'll soon learn. Obviously they haven't had the Rangers values instilled in them from a young age. 

My grandson jokingly said to me when he was 4 that he was going to support them (his mums a tim). I actually felt sick. What did I do? I bought him a ticket to Ibrox then for the past 2 years his ST. It's only £50 for the weans STs and we all enjoy going (even now when the football isn't as good). He's 8 now and he loves going. I asked him the other day if he wants his ST again next season and without hesitation he said yes. 

Maybe you need to move back permanently and get these weans on the straight and narrow!

10 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Initial thoughts here are that the OP is a tarrier fishing for people on here to reply with similar stories to his so that he can report back to his tarrier mates and laugh about it.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

I say let them come on here if they want, then we can see how sad and obsessed these idiots are. 

Highlights the difference in our support and inspirations. I doubt very few if any Gers fans go trolling cellic minded sites, would be demeaning.

Yet we get many on here printing mindless garbage when they could either be posting on their own sites or trying to raise awareness and demanding accountability for the really serious stuff which has had such a bad effect on their club like the child abuse issues they have never questioned. 

The one thing we have and will have over them is the higher moral ground. We question our club and our political and religious views objectively. These sad fucks accept everything they are conditioned into from the day they walk in to the chapel. Most of them would struggle to name 5 towns in their preferred homeland Oirland as well, probably a bit to do with never having been there, but mostly due to ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

As I said. It was for a charity that benefits my son.

I tend to put him before my need to be an uber staunch fan. It's a bit of fabric and it was for 90 mins. 

Fair play on the charity stuff but fkn hell hope you made lots of money you deserve it 

15 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Initial thoughts here are that the OP is a tarrier fishing for people on here to reply with similar stories to his so that he can report back to his tarrier mates and laugh about it.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Just paranoid, I'm afraid!

genuine concern and I don't believe I asked or even gave the impression that I wanted anyone to share their stories.  

im not going to pretend that I'm from the staunchest rangers supporting family in world so perhaps that contributes to it (e.g. My sister couldn't give a shit whatever team they support). 

The point remains the same though - are we so bad that the younger generation won't feel strongly about football and by extension rangers?

Whether the op is talking shite or not I think the last few years have certainly damaged our reputation and the mhedia is certainly doing their part to demonise us at every turn whereas the savcos seem to be pushing their PR whenever they can with a case in point being the big black actor yesterday in the news with his visit to the piggery.

As another poster said having no big name heroes doesn't help or does the shit football and lack of trophies or access to the Europe especially the CL.

Yes, you should be buying your children Rangers tops but most parents aren't doing it and there's just no children wearing them, that's the reality of the situation right now.

Children will always jump to the winning sides as they want to associate themselves with success and social media is a new problem with even adults following trends that are ridiculous (that fkn duck pout). If the only tops they see with their peers are savco tops and these wee bastards are rubbing in their success then they are going to be unfortunately influenced.

We then have the RC schools and the RC minded parents who push savco onto their brood everyday whereas the connection between the PUL community and Rangers is demonised and frowned upon by cunts with an agenda which is now not only the RCs but the Scottish nationalists. Throw in other football supporters who prior to us being kicked down most thought they would back us but they also have put the boot in at our weakest point.

Theres also the low level abuse such as the word H** and others stuff such as the zombies and sevco nonsense, again all aided and abetted by the written press with their lack of moderation and responsibility. We also have the one sided phone ins and Bears really need to start turning this off and start listening to Rangers Radio (9pm to 11pm) mon to fri.

Theres was also the whole CW games plug with all around the piggery done up and the new velodrome all built next door to influence the young to their stadium. 

All off the above are small but incremental gains which can see children pushed over to the bheasts and it really is an issue which needs addressed and the only real way to start the fight back proper is to win on the park.

The op needs to kick is BIL in the baws, take his bank card off him and get the tops and scarfs bought along with some STs until the end of season.

Step up op ffs.

1 minute ago, Dlydon81 said:

genuine concern and I don't believe I asked or even gave the impression that I wanted anyone to share their stories.  

im not going to pretend that I'm from the staunchest rangers supporting family in world so perhaps that contributes to it (e.g. My sister couldn't give a shit whatever team they support). 

The point remains the same though - are we so bad that the younger generation won't feel strongly about football and by extension rangers?

There's the problem.

You're born into supporting Rangers, not given a few years to look at the league tables and pick the team at the top.

Most of the people on this forum probably wore some form of Rangers merchandise before they uttered their first word and the same can probably be said for their children as well.

Your sister is a bad mother.  That's all.

16 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's 7.

Hope you went and had a steam bath after that bud!.....I struggle to even wear anything green!! ?

IMG_2874.GIF

19 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

He's 7.

I certainly wouldn't or couldn't do that myself..Your Boy is WISE beyond his years though...:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Dlydon81 said:

The small r now reeks of pedophillia 

kids will always support the team that is winning. i remember this wee cunt in my class at school who was a rangers fan one season then a celtic fan the next and then back to rangers. 

that said though we are shite and can you really blame kids for not being interested? they don't tend to have much interest in something that doesn't keep them entertained. as an adult with a much better attention span i struggle to watch us. the last couple games i've not made it to half time. also not being able to buy strips without feeling like we're ripping the club off is playing a huge part. my dad bought me a rangers top every year from the day i was born and i would wear it everywhere. 

5 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

There's the problem.

You're born into supporting Rangers, not given a few years to look at the league tables and pick the team at the top.

Most of the people on this forum probably wore some form of Rangers merchandise before they uttered their first word and the same can probably be said for their children as well.

Your sister is a bad mother.  That's all.

If his brother in law 'struggles to watch Rangers himself' he's another of these new weird fans that will give the usual 'aye a don't like the bigotry that goes with it' pish. Cunts like that I would rather didn't support us anyway.

3 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

If his brother in law 'struggles to watch Rangers himself' he's another of these new weird fans that will give the usual 'aye a don't like the bigotry that goes with it' pish. Cunts like that I would rather didn't support us anyway.

the way we're going we can't really be picking and choosing who supports us fs. get over yourself. our supporters are from all over the world and have all sorts of different thoughts and beliefs. imo you're the kind of supporter than shames this club. you have this perfect ideal picture of what a true rangers supporter is and it's disgusting.