Our next generation of fans diluting?

Dlydon81

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Doesn't make you a 'mongo sheep'.

It's a decision based on what you think is best for the club, or worst for Ashley. 

Any that make the decision on their own fair enough. Many are mongo sheep.

I've lost count how many times I've read someone ask others if they should buy the top to be told no by other fans. FF is dreadful for it then they end up buying their child some shit fake top instead.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Kids now will be more into English football as the games is so much better with better players Scottish football sadly is dying on it's arse.

I'm sure I saw recently that Barcelona and Real Madrid shirts now heavily outsell Rangers and scum shirts in Glasgow. Football from all over the world being on tv  every day in life will be driving this more than the fact we're going through a tough spell. 

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Well the low post count and the liking the papes part. Generally you might be right but I'd imagine they would support English sides 

Ha I joined rangersmedia last year when I moved to London.   I got a few low post counts initially but thought by now that would have gone.

I'm realistic to accept that my son (6) will probably be a Spurs or arsenal fan by going to school in North London.   In Glasgow the alternative schoolyard influence is naturally celtic so while it saddens me to hear, I have to admit that it's not that surprising.

I was talking to some mates about this recently and I think it is harder to get kids into following Rangers now because they have no heroes wearing the jersey. When my kids were at that young age it was easy to get them into it, Laudrup, Gascoigne, McCoist and Albertz all idols to my kids. Thank fuck I don't have to try and persuade them now.

1 minute ago, billsim1984 said:

I'm sure I saw recently that Barcelona and Real Madrid shirts now heavily outsell Rangers and scum shirts in Glasgow. Football from all over the world being on tv  every day in life will be driving this more than the fact we're going through a tough spell. 

I could believe it how hard must it be now for parents with young kids to try to convince even the dumbest of kid that Scottish football has a pulse.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

I could believe it how hard must it be now for parents with young kids to try to convince even the dumbest of kid that Scottish football has a pulse.

I know. I still buy my wee boy Rangers kits. Craig Houston won't stop me getting my kids our kits. He also has a Barcelona one with messi on the back though, wouldn't be my choice but up to him. 

8 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

:mutley: Don't hold back bud ??

He's still at it, no chance i'm believing his bullshit.

It could have been slightly plausible had the kids been from some quiet village far away from Glasgow but the fact he is saying Glasgow is making it even more unbelievable.

In Glasgow, you know what you are and jumping the dyke should be a hanging offence.

There are amateur and junior teams from the Royston area who have fans at the side waiving Ireland flags and hating all things rangers.

Find it weird when taking in some games of teams who play against them that there teams are full of so called rangers supporters. :guns:

It's no just the kids.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think Kids now will be more into English football as the games is so much better with better players Scottish football sadly is dying on it's arse.

I think theres an element of truth in that but large sections of Rangers fans will stick with our club (and for that matter 'them' too) because we are more than just a football team. If the OP is stating facts then that's weak parenting. How the fuck you could even consider jumping the dyke is beyond my deepest imagination 

1 minute ago, billsim1984 said:

I know. I still buy my wee boy Rangers kits. Craig Houston won't stop me getting my kids our kits. He also has a Barcelona one with messi on the back though, wouldn't be my choice but up to him. 

At least if you buy Rangers tops officially some money goes to the Club if anyone buys his tat no money goes to our club.

Lad in work was talking about something similar the other day. He has a teenage son who is more interested in watching and talking about the EPL which is fair enough. But mentioned that all his sons mates have Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal etc strips, no interest in Scottish football whatsoever, most have never been to a Scottish football stadium and are more interested in trying to get there mums and and dads to take them to an EPL game. I fully understand why this is happening, TV etc. but it's a total shame that young lads from Glasgow have no interest in either side of the Old Firm.

Just now, Smile said:

At least if you buy Rangers tops officially some money goes to the Club if anyone buys his tat no money goes to our club.

I know, I stopped buying replica tops for myself as I didn't want to line Ashley's pocket. That was my own choice, I won't let my four year old go without though as how do you explain to him? Aw here son I've got you a snide Rangers tap, you'll never see the team wear it but at least the bad man gets no money. Fuck that! 

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I think theres an element of truth in that but large sections of Rangers fans will stick with our club (and for that matter 'them' too) because we are more than just a football team. If the OP is stating facts then that's weak parenting. How the fuck you could even consider jumping the dyke is beyond my deepest imagination 

I think the Scottish game is dying on it;s arse I can't honestly remember so many poor players in so many teams.

Then again the Sfa/Spfl are all set up for the good of one club the other teams are needing to wake up and see that. 

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think your wrong, i mean Craig told us the money generated would go directly to the club...

He even proved it with the accounts, he did didn't he?

Did he fuck.

When I come back up the road it amazes me how many kids are wearing Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal strips. 

The absolute shite level of our game both at club and international level is so unattractive to the next generation. 

Sky, Fifa etc making it far more appealing to follow the top 4 English teams than either of the old firm.

I imagine the OP is on the wind-up. Can't see how a family of Bears would/could allow their kids to follow them.