Lee Rigby Memorial Cup rumours

TheLawMan

4 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

He's not my mate ya banger :lol:

I've met him once. I know he does a lot for rangers charities and I'm not making judgement on him due to a couple of comments on twitter.

If your mind is that easily influenced then fuck being you 

Charity work doesn't absolve you from criticism. 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

That's not the story though. There has been two or three comments on twitter and now people are drawing their own conclusions. People are saying something about a guy that has done a lot and have not heard his version just a couple of comments on twitter

That's pretty much the story a couple of pages back. Brown has took the huff and for some reason thinks he has the right to tell ex players they aren't welcome at Ibrox just because his mate Stan wasn't invited to this game.

Whether it's true or not is another matter.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's pretty much the story a couple of pages back. Brown has took the huff and for some reason thinks he has the right to tell ex players they aren't welcome at Ibrox just because his mate Stan wasn't invited to this game.

Whether it's true or not is another matter.

This is the point I'm making mate

The charity hasn't said any of this. It is one or two people on twitter. The charity has said someone tried to stop it but not who.

People making judgements on rumours is wrong. This is my point 

Pretty clear somebody has tried to put a halt to this event for one reason or another - I'd be amazed if there was a legitimate reason for this and like everyone else, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Bomber.

However, the cryptic messages etc help nobody and in today's world of social media leaves a vacuum to be filled by nonsense rumours. Hopefully, it's laid out clearly by the games organisers.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

The truth will come out eventually anyway.

This sort of thing was bound to happen with these so called charity/legend games. They happen a wee bit too often IMO and it was only a matter of time before someone's nose was put out of joint by them.

There is one 17th June too 

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

There is one 17th June too 

Never been to one, I know a few that have been and enjoyed the experience but they aren't for me.

I think people are happy to pay money because they get sucked in by the nostalgia of seeing these ex players playing again but I'm not convinced all the money goes to these good causes and I never have been. Tbh if these rumours turn out to be true that certain people aren't happy that they've been left out of this game then that will just make it look even more suspicious imo.

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Who the fuck is John Brown to tell any cunt? How much has ge pumped into the club since we have been on our arses?  Is he even a shareholder ? Great player banger of a guy 

Not investing til he sees the deeds mate.

Happy to take a wage though.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Not investing til he sees the deeds mate.

Happy to take a wage though.

Brown is a leech, a parasite.

He genuinely seems to believe that the club and the fans owe him a living for the rest of his days.

It speaks volumes about the current regime that they thought that it was appropriate to give this arse a job at the club and give him his "seats in the directors box" that the prick was greeting about.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Brown is a leech, a parasite.

He genuinely seems to believe that the club and the fans owe him a living for the rest of his days.

It speaks volumes about the current regime that they thought that it was appropriate to give this arse a job at the club and give him his "seats in the directors box" that the prick was greeting about.

Jobs for the boys.

2 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

And again people attacking brown cause of rumour. Let's wait and see 

No my opinion of Brown was pretty well formed before this thread existed.

The sad thing is no-one would be surprised if this rumour was 100% true.

Self serving, entitled prick of a man.

Just now, Queen's_highway said:

And again people attacking brown cause of rumour. Let's wait and see 

No I'm attacking him as he is a parasite living off the Rangers. , he is a fan now like the rest of us so start dipping your hand in your pocket Mr Brown like the real die hard fans.

If he dips his hand in his pocket and starts attending Ibrox every home league and cup game then maybe he would be entitled to open his gob. So his big mate has been blanked ? Big fucking deal but you or your friend do not speak for Rangers and he would do well to remember that 

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Never been to one, I know a few that have been and enjoyed the experience but they aren't for me.

I think people are happy to pay money because they get sucked in by the nostalgia of seeing these ex players playing again but I'm not convinced all the money goes to these good causes and I never have been. Tbh if these rumours turn out to be true that certain people aren't happy that they've been left out of this game then that will just make it look even more suspicious imo.

It will depend on the circumstances of the game. I'd imagine a lot would be done for free but there are bound to be overheads. A club like Portchester would, probably, just look to cover expenses as they would make a fortune over the bar with an event like this.

It should be a requirement to say what percentage of money taken is actually directed to the named cause. 

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No I'm attacking him as he is a parasite living off the Rangers. , he is a fan now like the rest of us so start dipping your hand in your pocket Mr Brown like the real die hard fans.

If he dips his hand in his pocket and starts attending Ibrox every home league and cup game then maybe he would be entitled to open his gob. So his big mate has been blanked ? Big fucking deal but you or your friend do not speak for Rangers and he would do well to remember that 

I get your firs point but your second is a joke. You're jumping on a twitter rumour fs