*****Joshua Burns Adair petition*****

2 minutes ago, HeHaw said:

Signed.

Is there anyway the club could do any thing to support this young boy? I know the must receive 1000's of requests for help each year and it's difficult at this time but is there no way of organising some sort of friendly match with a team down south to maybe generate some cash for the boy?

He has been mascot at the game, would be good if we could raise the support, RM members have done a great job doing the fundraising and I'm sure they will continue the support.

• gogzy pinned this topic
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Is this petition legit? Is anyone else getting mails like this? Doesn't seem legit.

IMG_3950.PNG

Fuck knows mate, @mark adair shared it on Twitter so I posted it on here. Got a similar email and it made me wonder as well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc-responds-to-petition-from-38-degrees

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Degrees

Seems legit tho

54 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I got a similar e-mail and just deleted it. I am sure anything that has been started by Mark will be fine. :thumbup:

Ok...I'm fairly sure that petitions for sick kids shouldn't be used to promote energy companies. Not blaming anyone, obviously, but this should be pulled.

54 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Fuck knows mate, @mark adair shared it on Twitter so I posted it on here. Got a similar email and it made me wonder as well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/hmrc-responds-to-petition-from-38-degrees

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Degrees

Seems legit tho

Ok...I'm fairly sure that petitions for sick kids shouldn't be used to promote energy companies. Not blaming anyone, obviously, but this should be pulled.

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

I agree mate, let's wait until mark comes on to tell us more then we can consider keeping or pulling it

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not had any contact with @mark adair for some time, and not sure if he has much time for RM given the circumstances with Joshua. If he does see this maybe he can explain. 

As far as pulling this I could not agree unless some fraud is proved, Having met Joshua his needs are more important than an email. 

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I agree mate, let's wait until mark comes on to tell us more then we can consider keeping or pulling it

Fair enough mate. Like I say, no suggestion whatsoever of any wrongdoing on here, just worried that someone has been duped.

Just now, Bears r us said:

Not had any contact with @mark adair for some time, and not sure if he has much time for RM given the circumstances with Joshua. If he does see this maybe he can explain. 

As far as pulling this I could not agree unless some fraud is proved, Having met Joshua his needs are more important than an email. 

Totally agree. As said elsewhere, my concern is that he's been duped. A respectable petition site would not use e-mail addresses for marketing.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Totally agree. As said elsewhere, my concern is that he's been duped. A respectable petition site would not use e-mail addresses for marketing.

I have messaged mark, if I don't hear back I will see if @govanblue can contact him.

I agree with the bold part

Hi all, sorry I'm late.

I didn't know anything about this petition, but it does look like it's something Mark would set up.  He'll (understandably) pretty much try anything that comes his way.

As far as I can see, the site looks "legit" in a loose sense, but I can't see that it will do any good. It's too vague, and I doubt Donald Trump will feel compelled to read it if it gets to its target of 300!!! signatures.  And yeah it looks like the price you pay for signing it is some weird emails petitioning you to get involved in some random shit.

Probably best avoided. :tu: