Bruno Alves Press conference 12:30

Guest Lloyd72

Can predict it ..

Great to be here.
Pedro is a great coach.
Pedro is the reason I'm here and not European football anyway.
Big stadium, big club, good fans.
Shame to not be in Europe - but every cloud and that - concentrate on the league.

Doubt it will be anything interesting or ground breaking tbh.

It's a good job he can actually play a bit and the shit-talk won't matter as much.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, FSM said:

Summary:

"Beeg cloob"

"Fantasteek Stadioom"

"I want to ween trophees"

Answers a few journo questions about how good celtic are.

That's the written equivalent of trying to do a Welsh accent and ending up sounding Pakistani.

He's no French, mate.

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I was fucking buzzing when we signed him, was looking forward to the new season, all seems a distant memory now sadly. 

I'm more enthusiastic if anything. He performances for Portugal since he signed were a lot more than I expected. He will be a great signing; just the type of player this club needs right now.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'm more enthusiastic if anything. He performances for Portugal since he signed were a lot more than I expected. He will be a great signing; just the type of player this club needs right now.

No doubting the quality of Alves. It's the guy telling him how to play that worries me.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I was fucking buzzing when we signed him, was looking forward to the new season, all seems a distant memory now sadly. 

Chin up.

I felt the same but after watching the st Johnstone game I can see some signs of things coming together. It still falls down when trying to convert our chances though (but at least we worked the keeper more this time).

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Chin up.

I felt the same but after watching the st Johnstone game I can see some signs of things coming together. It still falls down when trying to convert our chances though (but at least we worked the keeper more this time).

Just don't have any belief in Caixinha sadly. 

I hope more than anything he turns it round and shuts me right up, I pray for it

Just now, Gaz52 said:

Just don't have any belief in Caixinha sadly. 

I hope more than anything he turns it round and shuts me right up, I pray for it

We're undergoing some fairly big changes at the moment and I'm hoping that it really is just a case of a big shift in style that is causing the problems rather than no style or plan.

I just found it really interesting that we didn't really have any dedicated wide forward players and instead the width was from the full backs (more like wingbacks) with the central players drifting out when needed.

Given that this is quite different from 4-3-3 with wingers or inside forwards it's telling me that we're still not seeing the team play the way the manager intends.

All we can do is support them as we do and hope that things come together, if they do great if not then I really hope the board will act rather than give another free season to the scum.

Says he is devastated that he will not be playing alongside Halliday now ..... and if that wasn't enough .... is now reconsidering his position to stay at The Rangers .... due to the news of the alleged Nazi like treatment of wee Barrie McKay at Stalag 1 Edmiston drive  .... revealed by the escaped prisoner  himself wee Barrie McKay in todays press ..... :p:

:UK:

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We're undergoing some fairly big changes at the moment and I'm hoping that it really is just a case of a big shift in style that is causing the problems rather than no style or plan.

I just found it really interesting that we didn't really have any dedicated wide forward players and instead the width was from the full backs (more like wingbacks) with the central players drifting out when needed.

Given that this is quite different from 4-3-3 with wingers or inside forwards it's telling me that we're still not seeing the team play the way the manager intends.

All we can do is support them as we do and hope that things come together, if they do great if not then I really hope the board will act rather than give another free season to the scum.

I was watching it with my youngest son that evening and it first he was wondering where the width was coming from in the middle; it then became obvious, as you rightly pointed out. It was interesting to see the contrast with last season's shape, and maybe it will suit our game more. At first it appeared to suit Kranjcar much better, but after he sending off it was difficult to read too much into how much that was the case.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

I was watching it with my youngest son that evening and it first he was wondering where the width was coming from in the middle. It then became obvious, as you rightly pointed out. It was interesting to see the contrast with last season's shape, and maybe it will suit our game more. At first it appeared to suit Kranjcar much better, but after he sending off it was difficult to read too much into how much that was the case.

I think Niko's passing is great but he won't get time and space to do that this year.

I can see we want the ball out wide tot the fullbacks getting in behind their midfield by going diagonally from the number 10 role. We saw it against progres at ibrox when Niko had plenty of time and space.

I like Niko but I'd rather we got in a more dynamic number 10 who makes runs beyond the forward. Pena looks like his range of passing is decent so no reason why those defence splitting passes can't come from slightly deeper.

The positive of this formation is Dalcio is less likely to feature and Candeias looked relatively assured at right wing back when Tav went off. The downside is Wallace's crossing is abysmal and I don't see us trying to replace him

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think Niko's passing is great but he won't get time and space to do that this year.

I can see we want the ball out wide tot the fullbacks getting in behind their midfield by going diagonally from the number 10 role. We saw it against progres at ibrox when Niko had plenty of time and space.

I like Niko but I'd rather we got in a more dynamic number 10 who makes runs beyond the forward. Pena looks like his range of passing is decent so no reason why those defence splitting passes can't come from slightly deeper.

The positive of this formation is Dalcio is less likely to feature and Candeias looked relatively assured at right wing back when Tav went off. The downside is Wallace's crossing is abysmal and I don't see us trying to replace him

I like Kranjcar's ability on the ball, but I;m concerned about him in terms of his lack of pace. Because of that I'd like to see him moved on once the season gets underway. Interesting what you say about Wallace, because he has been well off the pace of late.

21 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I was watching it with my youngest son that evening and it first he was wondering where the width was coming from in the middle; it then became obvious, as you rightly pointed out. It was interesting to see the contrast with last season's shape, and maybe it will suit our game more. At first it appeared to suit Kranjcar much better, but after he sending off it was difficult to read too much into how much that was the case.

At the start of the game this is how I saw our shape

IMG_0176.thumb.PNG.004b2cd4d291447a11647f023884530a.PNG

With better quality wingbacks, better number 10 and a replacement for Kenny and it might be a decent formation

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

With better quality wingbacks, better number 10 and a replacement for Kenny and it might be a decent formation

Way too narrow for me, even with good wingbacks.

For a guy that seemed to chat about the importance of the flanks, he's fair neglected them in favour of the middle of the pitch.

I'd like a little bit of width other than the fullbacks myself.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I have hopes for Herrera, in way he reminded me of Jukebox, in that a 9 could play off him and get plenty of service in the box; a poacher's dream would be to play with a striking partner like that. That seems fairly accurate btw; cheers. 

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

In contrast this is what we started against progres

IMG_0177.thumb.PNG.e177f76d830e73cd8a7d9c4c28afce40.PNG

7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I have hopes for Herrera, in way he reminded me of Jukebox, in that a 9 could play off him and get plenty of service in the box; a poacher's dream would be to play with a striking partner like that. That seems fairly accurate btw; cheers. 

Herreras hold up play looked really good against st Johnstone, laid off a few good times and certainly has the frame to hold off central defenders. We either need a number 9 alongside (looking at Morelos for that as kenny drifts too much) or a number 10 who plays as a secondary striker.

To be honest with the 4-2-3-1 we can still utilise a number 10 in the same way but we need good wingers and I think only Candeias looks to be decent enough in that respect.