Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

28 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You do that with the right person. Pedro isn't - the evidence is overwhelming and in front of everyone's faces (should they choose to see it)

Otherwise make Gustav the manager or something if results don't matter and we are gonna pin hopes on someone who's done nothing. Why not? 

I'd do a better job

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

That cunt clearly knows less about fitba than Pedro.

Wrong

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You do that with the right person. Pedro isn't - the evidence is overwhelming and in front of everyone's faces (should they choose to see it)

Otherwise make Gustav the manager or something if results don't matter and we are gonna pin hopes on someone who's done nothing. Why not? 

That's what I mean. How many wrong people should we go through? We haven't the resources, top managers won't come unless they are paid a fortune. 

We don't have to introduce a revolving door - we don't have the time nor the cash. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

That's what I mean. How many wrong people should we go through? We haven't the resources, top managers won't come unless they are paid a fortune. 

We don't have to introduce a revolving door - we don't have the time nor the cash. 

I get that ... it's unfortunate but we can't keep the wrong man in the job just because we don't want a revolving door policy. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place. The point about finance is fair enough too but can we afford not to get the right person in? 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I get that ... it's unfortunate but we can't keep the wrong man in the job just because we don't want a revolving door policy. He shouldn't have got the job in the first place. The point about finance is fair enough too but can we afford not to get the right person in? 

I dont disagree but how do we judge who is the right person? I think we've recruited well but he just doesnt have it.

Where is the balance between not the right person and needs time?

How do we identify that?

Just now, Big Al II said:

I dont disagree but how do we judge who is the right person? I think we've recruited well but he just doesnt have it.

Where is the balance between not the right person and needs time?

How do we identify that?

When you see signs of improvement. I don't. Well not enough to cancel out every single new depth he's plummeted us too.

Partick Thistle drawing with us was their first points against us in 22-years. 

Add that to the list of other records he's smashed for us in his glorious 6-months here.

To carry on and give him more time is absolutely mental IMO.

However, I do think Saturday is a good thing for him. He has a chance to turn it around with a win. Nothing else will do. A win against them buys him goodwill and some leeway/time. I'll still have my reservations but it's not about me. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

When you see signs of improvement. I don't. Well not enough to cancel out every single new depth he's plummeted us too.

Add that to the list of other records he's smashed for us in his glorious 6-months here.

However, I do think Saturday is a good thing for him. He has a chance to turn it around with a win. Nothing else will do. A win against them buys him goodwill and some leeway/time. I'll still have my reservations but it's not about me. 

I see signs of improvement in every department since MW, at the same time as the most embarrassing results in our history. As I said I think he's a decent judge of player, however I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it tactically.

I agree he probably shouldn't have got the job. It wasn't a gamble worth taking when McInness would have jumped at the chance.

I suppose what I'm getting at is on here folk will be shouting for every managers head after a draw or a defeat. No mamager will have a 100% record in the transfer marlet, Smith had a pretty varied time over the years.

So where is the balance between giving someone time and not wasting more time?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I don't really get annoyed by things like this.

The example you just mentioned was eventually going to happen at some point (the only reason it didn't happen earlier was because we were in different leagues for almost that whole period) and I'd happily have all those records broken if the ends justify the means. 

The only time these records seem to mentioned are when they are broken, so I struggle to give a fuck about them tbh. I care a lot more about what's in our trophy cabinet, and if Pedro can win us a cup or two and show real progress in the league front then I'll be happy enough.

I see signs of improvement in every department since MW, at the same time as the most embarrassing results in our history. As I said I think he's a decent judge of player, however I'm pretty sure he doesn't have it tactically.

I agree he probably shouldn't have got the job. It wasn't a gamble worth taking when McInness would have jumped at the chance.

I suppose what I'm getting at is on here folk will be shouting for every managers head after a draw or a defeat. No mamager will have a 100% record in the transfer marlet, Smith had a pretty varied time over the years.

So where is the balance between giving someone time and not wasting more time?

I agree he's a judge of a player. I think he's bought wisely, which is why I don't agree with people who don't want rid of him because they fear we can't rebuild again or don't have the money to - I don't think we'd be in a terrible place if he left as a new manager, a decent one, will have a lot to work with player-wise.

It's not shouting for his head after a draw or defeat - it's 6-months of plummeting to new depths. We've had records ripped apart from under us with him in charge.

The balance?  he's had time. If we get beat on Saturday or even get beat on Tuesday, we can't afford to waste more time. 

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

I don't really get annoyed by things like this.

The example you just mentioned was eventually going to happen at some point (the only reason it didn't happen earlier was because we were in different leagues for almost that whole period) and I'd happily have all those records broken if the ends justify the means. 

The only time these records seem to mentioned are when they are broken, so I struggle to give a fuck about them tbh. I care a lot more about what's in our trophy cabinet, and if Pedro can win us a cup or two and show real progress in the league front then I'll be happy enough.

Of course it will happen at sometime but when there's a pattern that's emerged with broken record after broken record then you need to worry or at the very least start paying attention. You aren't alone, some people don't care about our proud records. That's obvious. 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree he's a judge of a player. I think he's bought wisely, which is why I don't agree with people who don't want rid of him because they fear we can't rebuild again or don't have the money to - I don't think we'd be in a terrible place if he left as a new manager, a decent one, will have a lot to work with player-wise.

It's not shouting for his head after a draw or defeat - it's 6-months of plummeting to new depths. We've had records ripped apart from under us with him in charge.

The balance?  he's had time. If we get beat on Saturday or even get beat on Tuesday, we can't afford to waste more time. 

I wasn't meaning you with regards to shouting for his head...you think he's had enough time? 1 transfer window and 5 or 6 games with the new team...really? Fair enough.

I'm not criticising you because I can't make my own mind up. I personally don't think its enough time for a team to gel, but I also think we should be way better that we are.

Then looking at it another way, had we taken a few more chances would it all be rosy? Is it Pedro's fault the players missed when so far ahead in many games?

I wasn't meaning you with regards to shouting for his head...you think he's had enough time? 1 transfer window and 5 or 6 games with the new team...really? Fair enough.

I'm not criticising you because I can make my own mind up. I personally don't think its enough time for a team to gel, but I also think we should be way better that we are.

Then looking at it another way, had we taken a few more chances would it all be rosy? Is it Pedro's fault the players missed when so far ahead in many games?

Don't really buy that. You could say that about Warburton's team ... or Le Guen's team .. both played good football dominated games but the small things like a lapse at the back or not being able to miss easy chances cost them - and rightly so.

Those things are small details that obscure the big picture. 

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I'm not criticising you because I can make my own mind up. I personally don't think its enough time for a team to gel, but I also think we should be way better that we are.

If we werent showing anything then thats evidence he's shite.

But we show very decent play but can't keep it up for 90 mins. We are so bloody inconsistent.

For me a manager can:

Bawl and shout;

Drop players;

Try to work it out in training.

But how do you improve consistency?

Fuck knows.

It's infuriating for us and may well cost him his job.

Keeping Miller and niko out the team may be a decent starting point right enough.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't really buy that. You could say that about Warburton's team ... or Le Guen's team .. both played good football dominated games but the small things like a lapse at the back or not being able to miss easy chances cost them - and rightly so.

Those things are small details that obscure the big picture. 

The point I was trying to make I suppose was does the fact they're making chances suggest they could come good.woth a bit more time? MW team played a few stunning.games and the rest was turgid nonsense, I don't see that this season so far.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If we werent showing anything then thats evidence he's shite.

But we show very decent play but can't keep it up for 90 mins. We are so bloody inconsistent.

For me a manager can:

Bawl and shout;

Drop players;

Try to work it out in training.

But how do you improve consistency?

Fuck knows.

It's infuriating for us and may well cost him his job.

Keeping Miller and niko out the team may be a decent starting point right enough.

Yes I don't know can't work it out, it won't happen in a few games, there is improvement, it's just not as quick as we all demand.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Of course it will happen at sometime but when there's a pattern that's emerged with broken record after broken record then you need to worry or at the very least start paying attention. You aren't alone, some people don't care about our proud records. That's obvious. 

Obviously it's nice to have records like that for as long as possible but I don't lose sleep over them if they're broken, it's only if they're then having such an impact on our cup or league campaigns that you have to sit up and take notice. 

I've essentially written off Pedro's first three months in charge but if we do poorly on Tuesday and/or Saturday I will happily admit that he probably won't be much of a success.

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

The point I was trying to make I suppose was does the fact they're making chances suggest they could come good.woth a bit more time? MW team played a few stunning.games and the rest was turgid nonsense, I don't see that this season so far.

If it was only one game then yes, you'd have a point - but when it happens on a regular basis there's a common denominator.