Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

And that's the bottom line. The board have a lot to answer but no one is interested in questioning them. Their decision making has been atrocious since taking over. 

Think everyone is questioning them re Pedro.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Dougie_B said:

If we get beat on Saturday, it's a big set back. Sacking Pedro is not the answer. We need stability and who would replace him? 

and therein lies the problem we have as a club right now - our desire for success is gone with far too many supporters and things like stability and loyalty seems to be placed above all else.

Seen it with McCoist too - people thought because he held the club together during admin the results didn't matter - this is kinda similar. It's ridiculous that a piss-poor manager can keep sinking us to new depths but there's no desire for change in some ranks.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

and therein lies the problem we have as a club right now - our desire for success is gone with far too many supporters and things like stability and loyalty seems to be placed above all else.

Seen it with McCoist too - people thought because he held the club together during admin the results didn't matter - this is kinda similar. It's ridiculous that a piss-poor manager can keep sinking us to new depths but there's no desire for change in some ranks.

I think it's more of Catch 22...we can't keep punting Managers...how are you supposed to build a team...my fear it becomes a vicious cycle. No desire lost here just a dose of reality.

Just now, Dougie_B said:

I think it's more of Catch 22...we can't keep punting Managers...how are you supposed to build a team...my fear it becomes a vicious cycle. No desire lost here just a dose of reality.

and we can't keep piss-poor ones in a job that they can't handle/too big for them/no good at.

There's no catch-22 at all. It's just not ideal that we face another managerial turnaround - blame the board for that one.

There's no justification for keeping a ridiculously poor manager in a job because the alternative doesn't look great that's it's a bit of a cycle. Nowhere near a good enough reason to keep the wrong man in charge of our team.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

Something like a 25 player turnaround in the summer as Pedro set about cleaning up the mess he inherited. We are better than last season and now look we have foundations to build on. All our problems were never going to be solved in 1 window.

It's not about a player turnaround or a transfer window ... we haven't won 3 games in a row against utter SPFL dross - we have better players than the crap we've played against so far with the exception of celtic. It's a piss-poor excuse. 

Pedro isn't good enough I think most would be in agreement with that,we are a much better team than in previous seasons and slow progress is being shown in that but for how long can we stay second or third best in this piss poor league? My patience is wearing very thin and I really don't think the manager or board have much more time too really get a grip and get us back to seriously challenging and winning the league and cups.

1 minute ago, Dougie_B said:

Who will come to replace Pedro? I'm not sure we can attract a high-calibre Manager...look at the last 3?! 

Again this is another thing that get's on my tits (that we've seen with other failed managers here) we downplay the size and draw of our club just to justify keeping a piss-poor manager in a job. It's offensive. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

You've majorly misunderstood what I meant with the bit in bold.

I'm saying that Pedro's at the point now where he needs a win to get the faith and support back IMO. 

A draw won't do that - or shouldn't do that. 

I wouldn't celebrate a draw at Ibrox against them. 

At the risk of sounding slightly contradictory, I'd perhaps take a draw right now if you offered me it but I wouldn't see it as progress, a massive result or worth celebrating.

A draw just to get over a bumpy patch would be the safest bet until we get up to speed/add new players. Outwith the scum do  you think we could go unbeaten up to Christmas? I know it seems unrealistic but on paper with our squad it shouldn't be far off

Just now, saltire266 said:

A draw just to get over a bumpy patch would be the safest bet until we get up to speed/add new players. Outwith the scum do  you think we could go unbeaten up to Christmas? I know it seems unrealistic but on paper with our squad it shouldn't be far off

Not with Pedro in charge we can't. 

7 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

No we can't 

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Again this is another thing that get's on my tits (that we've seen with other failed managers here) we downplay the size and draw of our club just to justify keeping a piss-poor manager in a job. It's offensive. 

I don't think we can attract a high calibre manager at the moment but that doesn't mean I think we should keep the current manager in a job purely because of that.

The club is a draw but high calibre managers will want good resources to work with too and I don't think our board are prepared to fund the sort of spending we would need to do to get to that level at the moment.

Is somebody like de Boer for example going to come in and be happy with a level of investment that would only see us finishing second every season?

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don't think we can attract a high calibre manager at the moment.

The club is a draw but high calibre managers will want good resources to work with too and I don't think our board are prepared to fund the sort of spending we would need to do to get to that level at the moment.

Is somebody like de Boer for example going to come in and be happy with a level of investment that would only see us finishing second every season?

I think you might be surprised tbh. 

Yes funding would be an issue given the levels of ambition this board operate at but initially I think you'd get a good calibre interested. 

1 minute ago, VentyFour said:

He has 2 1/2 years on his contract, he's going nowhere. Too many people acting like a 90's fenian on here. 

In what way? that they don't want a shite manager in charge of their team and success and results matter to them? I'd say that's the opposite of a fenian.

and since you brought it up, they chopped and changed managers until they got one that won them a major trophy after a long period and then got the team running us close towards the end of 9 in a row. Surely that's justification to get a new guy in? 

4 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

He has 2 1/2 years on his contract, he's going nowhere. Too many people acting like a 90's fenian on here. 

Aye? So we accept if Saturday goes wrong being 8 behind the taigs by the September weekend?

When do we say enough is enough? We've not won 3 games in a row under him so when and how does this get turned around?

If we beat the taigs I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose/draw with Hamilton.

Its weird tbh cause when ally had fucked it people made excuses. Same with Warburton and now caxinha. I see a trend and its not the people who know change is needed that are acting like fenians IMO

Just now, K.A.I said:

I think you might be surprised tbh. 

Yes funding would be an issue given the levels of ambition this board operate at but initially I think you'd get a good calibre interested. 

I think a good calibre would be interested but I do think a lot of them would step away from it once they realised that the board can't or won't match their ambitions.

When Caixinha gets the boot, and I think it is a case of when rather than if, I honestly have no idea what we should do or who we should turn to.

39 minutes ago, Dougie_B said:

If we get beat on Saturday, it's a big set back. Sacking Pedro is not the answer. We need stability and who would replace him? 

38 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Agree 100% with this.

5 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

Too many people acting like Hibs/Aberdeen fans and happy with mediocrity.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I think a good calibre would be interested but I do think a lot of them would step away from it once they realised that the board can't or won't match their ambitions.

When Caixinha gets the boot, and I think it is a case of when rather than if, I honestly have no idea what we should do or who we should turn to.

Tommy Wright or McInnes, has to be a 'safe bet'. Enough of this experimental nonsense.