Rangers Picture Thread

12 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Team going in at half time in European away game. Sorry about lack of detail here.

6A830D45-239C-4282-9D8A-3298200AC1EE.jpeg

Play off match in Paris v Nice after drawing  3 - 3 on agg. lost  3 - 1, Foix, Muro and Faivre for Nice  and Bonvin o.g. for Rangers European cup 1956/57

1 minute ago, Don54 said:

Play off match in Paris v Nice after drawing  3 - 3 on agg. lost  3 - 1, Foix, Muro and Faivre for Nice  and Bonvin o.g. for Rangers European cup 1956/57

Yeah, I had all the info when I found the pic ages ago but forgot it all, as you do, well as I do, ha

4 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Yeah, I had all the info when I found the pic ages ago but forgot it all, as you do, well as I do, ha

Someone gave me a book years ago " We will Follow Rangers " by Hugh Taylor, lost count of the times I read it, that match was one of the chapters. we were 3-1 up on agg in 2nd leg lost 2 goals in about 3 mins 

7 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

I see the the legend Jimmy Greaves in the 2nd pic. Did he score against us in the Euro ties we played against Spurs?

Think he scored one, 2nd leg game, just read a report on 1st leg 3 Spurs goals came from Greaves corners

2 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Wouldn’t surprise me bud, guy was a goal machine

He did,

1st Round (2nd Leg) v Glasgow Rangers (a) Won 3 – 2 Smith (2), Greaves  (Agg. Won 8 – 4)

Bobby Smith returned for this game and contributed two goals as Tottenham progressed to the next round and silenced the partisan Rangers fans in the 80,000 crowd packed in to Ibrox. Jimmy Greaves started the misery for them after eight minutes when he scored Tottenham’s first to give them an unassailable four goal aggregate advantage. Bobby Smith, returning to the team for the first time since August, started the move which gave Spurs a lead they held until half-time. Two minutes after the interval, however, Rangers levelled but three minutes later Spurs regained the lead through Smith who scored from White’s cross. With fifteen minutes remaining, Rangers again equalised but four minutes from time Smith completed the scoring and justified Bill Nicholson’s decision to drop Allen.

12 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

The great Martin Chivers plus Dave Smith apparently picking his nose!!

dont think chivers played in the cup games ,and i remember they wore all white outfits in both games ,but they did play a few pre season games,i mind colin stein getting stuck in and bill nicolson running up the track signaling 9 as if he wanted colin sorted.dave smith came to ibrox 3/4 year later. goalies look loike neef and jennings